Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#16151 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
Does anyone know what happened to @MogHughson? It says she hasn't been online in almost 7 years.

A lot of people have quit Sims 2. I guess that she was one of them.
Advertisement
Inventor
#16152 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Anybody here using a random generator to add recessive genes to Townies and University Premades? I'm thinking about doing that because it's kinda boring when every Townie or Sim from the default universities lacks them, but at the same time I don't want every single Townie/University Sim to suddenly have random recessive genes for, for example, red hair. So I'm think about doing like a 50/50 roll on whether they have recessive genes and then another random role for which kind. How's anybody else handling this?

I don't use the default townies and university premades and I currently only have one university subhood with custom dormies, but I rarely add recessives to my townies and dormies and when I do, I'm not that consistent about which ones. Back when I had multiple shades per hair color, I assigned sims recessives based on the color they randomly generated; so if a sim I liked had reddish brown hair, I'd give them a red recessive, but not necessarily all of the other townies. I've since cut down on my CC, however, which leaves sims with fewer options, though when I feel like upping the possibilities for a specific gene, I'll give it to a townie/dormie prior to making them playable. I don't bother with the ones who aren't due for moving in yet because I might change my mind about backstory while they're in the background, and I don't do the same for eye colors since I have too many to take note of.

The biggest consideration that factors into my decision is that I prefer being able to see the origins of certain genes when looking back on family trees, so I tend to be selective about giving any sim (whether or not they start off playable) recessive genes.

In summary, I do, but rarely and only for hair colors and townies/dormies who are about to become playable.
Instructor
#16153 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
A lot of people have quit Sims 2. I guess that she was one of them.

It just seems so abrupt. In her latest upload that was made literally a month before her last log in, she talks about some edits she intends on making. Doesn't sound like someone who intends on quitting. I mean, unless she made a new years resolution to never log into MTS again... which, I guess I hope she did rather than something bad happening to her. Such is the life of online... sometimes you'll never know what happened.

Anyway, sorry. I just was asking in case someone knew her personally or something and knew.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#16154 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:10 PM
@PlyPlay665 - It's possible that some family emergency or whatnot arose, and after dealing with it she just kind of...forgot about this place. It's not entirely unexpected.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#16155 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:07 PM
How can i edit ACR so townies could automatically romance each other? I remember reading some BACC with townies being ACR'd and i thought that would be interesting way to make some new couples. But with me, it's always only the sims i create that do that to each other or to a townie. Townie never does it first to my sim either. What settings do i need to change to make townies be affected too?
Mad Poster
#16156 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:11 PM
ACR already does allow townies to romance each other; I've had a llama mascot and cheerleader get into a romance in one of my old hoods. Having your playable use a bit of influence (though have them talk/appreciate each other, "flirt" usually makes them jump to high-level flirts that predictably fail) helps.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#16157 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:17 PM
Thanks, i'll try that!
Lab Assistant
#16158 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:41 PM
You may also want to check if the townies have their gender preference set. Just use the ACR controller to look at their tokens and if their gender preference is at 0, you can use the controller to set their gender preference individually or randomize the town. In the latter case a dialog box pops up that I *believe* includes a townies/NPC only option, and there's definitely an option to randomize everyone without a set gender preference. Even if you tell ACR to randomize all sims I think sims with a crush/love/committed relationship are exempt.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#16159 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 12:20 AM
Has anybody with a multi-core processor tested whether setting the affinity to one core makes the game run any better? I just tried it out myself, but I can't really tell if there's any difference.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16160 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 12:52 AM
Never changed anything for me, I tried it during my 3 months of troubleshooting after I got this new computer. That doesn't mean it might not help you though, it's easy to try.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16161 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 1:05 AM
I noticed that the FPS seems to fluctuate a bit more, though it doesn't seem to affect the overall performance of the game much.

New question: Would it make sense to stick a washing machine in a kitchen?

Scholar
#16162 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 1:16 AM
In my house, our washing machine is in the kitchen and our tumble dryer is in the shed!
Mad Poster
#16163 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 1:54 AM
Something weird just happened. Sgt. Cord Wood and Cherry Wood were just eating at the table when they fell out of love with a loud boing. I looked at their relationship panels and Sgt. Cord is furious at Cherry. There's no affairs or anything like that going on. Any clue?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16164 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 2:15 AM
If it's a glitch I would repair it with mods/simPE, make a backup and run Hood Checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16165 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 2:22 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 26th Nov 2018 at 3:30 AM.
Actually, I think the furiousness is puddle rage. (Before anyone asks, I know there's a mod for it.) Sgt. Cord mopped up when his wife didn't make it to the bathroom in time. But can furiousness on its own cause Sims to fall out of love?

EDIT: ACR kicked in. Now they're back in love. I actually was going to do something story-wise with this. Oh well.

Mad Poster
#16166 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 5:43 AM
Sims automatically fall out of love if they interact when they're at less than 70 LTR. Furiousness usually comes with a big LTR drop. If you want to maintain a lot of lovers (like, for the LTW) it's easiest to just fall in love and then never interact again, but you have to be careful that you don't call them after your relationship has decayed, because you'll lose the love flag.
Mad Poster
#16167 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 6:39 AM
Do bad conversations affect the LTR, any? There may have been one just before the boing. I wasn't quite paying attention until I heard it.

Mad Poster
#16168 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
New question: Would it make sense to stick a washing machine in a kitchen?

My RL washing machine and dryer are both in a "laundry closet" and that's in the kitchen.
Mad Poster
#16169 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Do bad conversations affect the LTR, any? There may have been one just before the boing. I wasn't quite paying attention until I heard it.

Generally only interactions that generate two plus or minus signs affect LTR, although it also changes over time without any interactions to gradually match STR.
Alchemist
#16170 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
It just seems so abrupt. In her latest upload that was made literally a month before her last log in, she talks about some edits she intends on making. Doesn't sound like someone who intends on quitting. I mean, unless she made a new years resolution to never log into MTS again... which, I guess I hope she did rather than something bad happening to her. Such is the life of online... sometimes you'll never know what happened.

Anyway, sorry. I just was asking in case someone knew her personally or something and knew.

Her username has been used other places on the net in the past year, so she's probably ok.
Mad Poster
#16171 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Just 'make stupid' on the batbox, which really means no smart milk effect. Also don't give them knowledge or tick the perk for faster skilling. As far as I know there is no way to dip below this baseline.

==
Seems this is correct: the usual Sim just can't get any MORE stupid. With certain personalities (like neat & active) they will clean up by themselves. And if they have cooked enough to have some skills they MIGHT cook. But basically they can't keep themselves happy, or even alive.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#16172 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Sims automatically fall out of love if they interact when they're at less than 70 LTR. Furiousness usually comes with a big LTR drop. If you want to maintain a lot of lovers (like, for the LTW) it's easiest to just fall in love and then never interact again, but you have to be careful that you don't call them after your relationship has decayed, because you'll lose the love flag.

=
hhah just like RL: don't try to get romantic when your partner is having a really bad day. " fall in love and never interact again" - yea, that works.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#16173 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 5:04 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 27th Nov 2018 at 12:16 AM. Reason: tyop
I've seen couples fall out of love because of a bad dirty joke. Then ACR kicks in two seconds later and they fall back in love.

Scholar
#16174 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 5:22 PM
Has anyone else had an issue where your Sim(s) Woohoo in the closet but the Want for Woohoo isn't fulfilled? I've had 2 dates so far with this problem..
Mad Poster
#16175 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 6:42 PM
In the description of Simler90's Romantic Standards mod, Simler90 says that AL closet woohoo and BV sauna woohoo are both broken in that they lack reject states and fears of being rejected. Perhaps the want not being fulfilled is part of this broken-ness?

Simler90 has a mod that disables both types of woohoo and their related wants. I understand that not everybody would want to disable these completely, but that's the only option I'm aware of.

This is on the same page with the Romantic Standards mod, but is a separate download.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/609030...-standards.html

Quote: Originally posted by Simler90
OPTIONAL DOWNLOAD - No Closet or Sauna Romantic Socials: Apartment Life Closet and Bon Voyage Sauna have some romantic interactions. Romantic Standards does not modify them. The reason is because they are completely unfinished objects. The Woohoo/Try for Baby (Closet and Sauna) and Make Out (Closet - Teens Only) interactions on these objects lack reject states, meaning that if a sim can initiate those interactions, the target of these interactions cannot refuse them, no matter what. Maxis obviously ran out of time and could not finish them. There are no reject animations, either. Ever wondered why you get the "Woohoo in a Closet" Want, but there is no "Be Rejected for Woohoo in a Closet" Fear? It is because of this. In short, these interactions do not belong in the game. This optional download hides those interactions and their related wants.
Page 647 of 1346