Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
Default Centering Patterns
So I have a logo I've already put in, but I can't seem to find a way to:

1. modify the thumbnail picture so it's not black in the pattern chooser
2. center it

Was hoping for some guidance as this is the first time I've felt drawn to create anything.

Inside this rar file you'll find everything I used to create the 'pattern' and the .package itself. I don't know, maybe it looks good enough as is (my wife quite liked it) but I'm a perfectionist so if there's a way to make those improvements I'd appreciate knowing them.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Ghostbusters.rar (499.8 KB, 50 downloads) - View custom content

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:48 AM
i could not open your package file, but I imported the dds into the program. Did you remember to set the colors (in the program) for palett 1 2 3 and 4? They are a default pink color. may be a silly question but just making sure.

Blessings,
PuterWitch
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:06 PM Last edited by puterwitch : 7th Jun 2009 at 5:15 PM. Reason: no files attached
Default ghostbusters missing palletts
OK!
that was it. In the pattern program you didn't choose the color palletts. I threw the dds in the pattern maker and chose the three palletts, and it works, it is very nice by the way.
Files are attached, pic and package file.
blessings,
Chanda PuterWitch

Quote: Originally posted by flameflash
So I have a logo I've already put in, but I can't seem to find a way to:

1. modify the thumbnail picture so it's not black in the pattern chooser
2. center it

Was hoping for some guidance as this is the first time I've felt drawn to create anything.

Inside this rar file you'll find everything I used to create the 'pattern' and the .package itself. I don't know, maybe it looks good enough as is (my wife quite liked it) but I'm a perfectionist so if there's a way to make those improvements I'd appreciate knowing them.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  GB.zip (153.8 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content
Description: ghostbusters package and image files
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
To answer the question about "centering" the pattern, I assume you're talking about how the pattern is positioned on a mesh?

From what I understand, Delphy's tool won't let you do that -- it's a matter of how the mesh is set up. Create-A-Style is not going to be useful for logo t-shirts, rugs with a single image, or anything where you don't want randomly placed repeats of the pattern. The logo T-shirts, paintings and so on in the game, you'll notice, can NOT be modified with CaST; the images on those are attached directly to the mesh.

I'm sure there'll be a way to produce that kind of thing eventually (i.e. a new reskinning tool), but it's a whole separate issue from CaST patterns.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:03 PM
I was wondering on this same thing. I have a pattern I want centered. It is a shame that Delphy's tool won't do it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:40 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I want to create t-shirt pictures, but I guess from this thread it's not possible yet?
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:47 AM
Actually, at this point two people have done this, both using CaST http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=346782 and using mesh modding/file hacking http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=346220 .

THe CaST method is simpler, because we have a user-friendly tool already, but you get the pattern on both the front and back of the shirt. Snaitf's method doesn't have that drawback, but it will require some file hacking ATM. Sounds like Delphy may be working on a tool for it though.
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:57 AM
They mentioned in the Pattern Package thread that there should be a tool coming out in the next few days which will allow a single pattern to be centered. I'm making some jackets that need an emblem centered on just the back.