Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 12:20 PM
Default Trying to make jobs work in Praaven
So I have this custom medieval world and there are no jobs whatsoever. I tried to use mailbox and NRAAS mod to access jobs, but I cannot access custom careers that I specifically chose for this world that way.

Is there any other way I can access custom careers through cheats\mods?

And if not, what could I do? I tried using custom rugs and doors, but supposedly there is no corresponding rug file here (there should be a file with base game rugs, but it's missing):
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=435107

Anyway, it's not just custom careers, there are no normal careers, either! No lots work as intended in that world. It's unplayable! There's nothing that can be done in Praaven except 'visit lot', but none of them have any additional options.

If there's any other medieval world with working rabbit holes, I'd swap Praaven for it any minute.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 2:09 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 13th Feb 2017 at 2:20 PM.
Didn't you make a thread elsewhere and had some answers there? I think you should just continue there. You're now in the regular forum, not the caw forums.

The discussion forum can't be subscribed to.

You took that world into caw didn't you. What about just using it as it is?

Edit: have you asked jje1000 if you can do that, then perhaps he would like to give you a caw file instead. If you ask nicely ... and just get some help there.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 3:39 PM
Here is another medieval world, not as big but very well made with RH's careers. http://stellatorontosims.tumblr.com...le-for-download
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 5:22 PM
You may want to download Jynx's Rabbitholes from here, just scroll down a bit and you'll find the links.
They were not included in the CC package that comes with Praaven, but they were used in the making of this world, so once you have them, they should display correctly when you open the world for the first time.

As for the CAW files, they're already available here, if you're interested.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
once you have them, they should display correctly when you open the world for the first time.

Wow that worked!

I have another issue, though: custom careers do not work anyway! So the medieval careers cannot be used...

Is there anything to be done about that?

Quote: Originally posted by Batsheba
Here is another medieval world, not as big but very well made with RH's careers. http://stellatorontosims.tumblr.com...le-for-download

Downloading to try. Although it's bit more modern that I would want to, but oh well
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 11:12 PM
That may sound stupid, but have you tried saving and reloading your game?
I don't really use custom careers, but I have some part-time careers from Nraas, and I've seen that they don't necessarily show up in the RH pie menu on the first load, but they do appear and work well once I save, quit and reload.

If that doesn't work, would you mind telling us what custom careers you are trying to use? Maybe we could run some tests.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 11:34 PM
I was being stupid, it turned out that I misremembered having the NRAAS careers mod! When I looked into the actual folder, it wasn't there. So I downloaded it again and now everything works fine.

Thank you for being patient and helpful! I'm so happy now