Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 6:33 PM
Default Update: 09/12/2017 – PC Version 1.34.18.1020 / Mac Version 1.34.18.1220
Update: 09/12/2017 – PC Version 1.34.18.1020 / Mac Version 1.34.18.1220

Aroooo Simmers,

Ok, it’s a little early to jump into the pet puns… sure it’s been ruff, but if we all keep trying to hold on to that feline, I’m sure we can mutt’le through. Just a little bite longer, before you too can fetch your very own pets. O - kay? Nine… eight… ah, a countdown just breeds melan-collie... So instead, let’s all raise a hound of appawse, and heel in for a few issues we retrieved, and try to think pawsitively until pets is pup and running!

THE NEW

New Create a Sim assets:

For adults – a hair, necklace, jacket, and pants, full body outfit, and top.
For children – a top, and bottom

New objects:

Some architectural pieces – fence, chimney, 2 windows, and an awning.
And some objects - a mirror, bed, chair, living chair, sofa, potted plant, and a duck.
Yes… a duck, it’s wooden.

We have also made some small Gallery changes. When you are viewing the catalog details page for a catalog item in the Gallery:

The comments section will always be visible on the right side.
The catalog information will always be visible on the left.
And Information about what packs are used by the catalog item will now be found along the top of the information and comments section.

THE ISSUES

General

We addressed an issue…
We addressed an issue? Really… how many times have you used the phrase we addressed an issue? Stop addressing them and fix…
Woah, woah… we can’t use that word.
You can’t use the word “fix”?
Not when pets are just around the corner.
*sigh* As I was saying, WE ADDRESSED AN ISSUE that would cause an incorrect save to appear in the load menu, if you cancelled a Save As action or used Save As to overwrite an existing save.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
We’re done here.
We fixed an issue that was preventing Sims from autonomously using the television if they did not own Movie Hangout Stuff.
I have decided not to add anything more to this issue in order to make the reading of these notes quick and easy, without padding any extra space by just randomly talking about nothing in parti...
Oh shh…

Toddler Stuff

· We have improved the visuals around the ball pit.

o The ball pit itself looks exactly like it did, we just made the area around the ball pit look better?

§ No!

o We made the area around the ball pit look worse?

§ No, we improved the visuals of the ball pit.

o Why did you say around?

§ It’s a common phrase… like killing time.

o How could you?!

· Toddlers will now be able to autonomously cancel their use of the ball pit if they chose to play within it autonomously.

Get to Work

· The Be Prepared Security Gate can now be placed on tall, small, and in all between fence sizes.

City Living

· The Tree in a Box now has category tags properly associated with it.

· Sims with the isWeirdo and isCityRepair hidden traits will now properly age if they have been added to your family…

o …via marriage, adoption, squatting, cheating, osmosis, merging, incorporation, bonding, bunching together, teaming up, tagging in, or any other means of joining, going in league with, wedding, binding, banding, plugging in, hooking up, fusing, coupling, associating, blending, joining the same bracket, or just tacking things together.

Thanks again for your time and mastiff amounts of feedback,

-SimGuru “the pet puns are only going to get worse” Gnome

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 6:44 PM
Well that was cringy. Can they please stop trying to be funny and just get to the point

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
We have improved the visuals around the ball pit.

I need picture proof!
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I need picture proof!

From the screen shots I've seen, there's a substantial improvement to the mesh and the texture of the balls. I'm super surprised.
It will never be a contender for the best object of the year, but at least this time they actually tried.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#5 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 7:03 PM
"We have improved the visuals around the ball pit." Why not do it in the first place instead of waiting for all the complaints and THEN change it. Did no one in the Sims team notice how awful it was before? Or did they just think we would overlook it because "awww toddlers!"

Some pics I found online:
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 7:06 PM
It's hard to see in those shots, but from a video someone posted on the official forums, the mesh under the effect balls doesn't seem to be entirely flat anymore. Or they just made a good illusion.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 9:17 PM
What? Architecture?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
What? Architecture?
I really don't get why they put such things in free random patches. I mean I love free stuff, but they always complain about how difficult things are to create. They could rather work on stuff for packs. It's not like packs are overflowing with content...
Scholar
#9 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
I really don't get why they put such things in free random patches. I mean I love free stuff, but they always complain about how difficult things are to create. They could rather work on stuff for packs. It's not like packs are overflowing with content...

I believe this has to do with the console release - that it is stuff that will be included in the console version, so they give it to pc simmers aswell.

Simblr
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:19 PM
wh...why...Why did they write it like that?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:46 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 13th Sep 2017 at 4:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Well that was cringy. Can they please stop trying to be funny and just get to the point

I was thinking the same thing. We get it, you guys think you're clever. But we came here for patch notes. Not amateur night at the Apollo.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#12 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:57 PM
I've read the pall pit notes several times, and I still don't get the joke, even less what they actually changed (without seeing the object).

Simblr
Mad Poster
#13 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:06 PM
That awning needs to die in fire. That is the ugliest thing I've even seen...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:21 PM Last edited by grindingteeth : 13th Sep 2017 at 2:03 AM.

I have absolutely no Idea where they pulled that design from. An amusement park? Kitschy, nautical themed restaurant?

Anyway, some things are really nice, but some of these CAS items just look rushed, I am not sure why - but a few things look lower quality and even more poorly rendered than usual.
Also, someone on the dev team is trying to convince the masses that punk is indeed not dead.

The ball pit looks better, so... there's that - and new beds are always welcome.

Favourite item is definitely the wooden duck.
Inventor
#15 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

"Free" stuff is a bait to advertise the upcoming paid content and to increase the social media engagement.
Scholar
#16 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 12:00 AM

Ohhhh.... yeah that is. :/ Maybe someone out there will like it and find a good way to use it??
Theorist
#17 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Ohhhh.... yeah that is. :/ Maybe someone out there will like it and find a good way to use it??

An awning only a guru could love!

Also WTF is with the forced humor?

It was okay when they used to make one or two actually funny jokes when a fix was really ridiculous like "Sims will no longer walk on water to view paintings placed on swimming pool walls." deserves a joke or quip like "even if the painting is 'The Last Supper.'" or maybe "Baby Sims will no longer become stuck on a Sim's hand while driving a car. - because our lawyers have informed us that it's slightly more dangerous than a cellphone." But this? This is completely unnecessary and makes them sound like middleschoolers at an improv club :\
Scholar
#18 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 1:51 AM
I really wish they would explain the changes they are forcing upon us in plain English, what I,ve just read it sounds like a child had patched the game.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex

I would say the person should stop trying to be a comedian and keep their day job, but they also suck at their day job!

I thought guru meant expert.
Scholar
#20 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eternal0572
I would say the person should stop trying to be a comedian and keep their day job, but they also suck at their day job!

I thought guru meant expert.

This is how they keep their day job. By doing what they are told by the higher ups in the exact way they are told to do it.
Scholar
#21 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:59 AM
Some observations about the items that came with the patch:

1. The dirty blonde hair swatch for the female hair we got doesn't match any of the other dirty blonde swatches of the hairstyles we already have.
2. The duck sculpture that looks like it should sit on a hallway table or an end table isn't slotted properly (actually it's not slotted at all), so it won't. I had to make an override for myself so it would.
3. The outdoor chair exactly matches a Base Game outdoor bench.
4. The large window looks like it could have been made to go with Vampires and the small one for Get Together.
5. No comment on that terrible awning.

So, what's up with that Maxis? Did you just decide to clean out some leftovers or what? Someone in the comments at SimsVIP actually said these were Olympus items you could find in the game files. So who knows. The hair swatch not matching and the sculpture not being assigned to any slots is pretty sloppy, in my opinion.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 8:11 AM
Quote:
So, what's up with that Maxis? Did you just decide to clean out some leftovers or what? Someone in the comments at SimsVIP actually said these were Olympus items you could find in the game files. So who knows. The hair swatch not matching and the sculpture not being assigned to any slots is pretty sloppy, in my opinion.

That's the feeling I was getting, the ponytail hair in particular reeks of base-game awkwardness, before they had really settled into the style they were using and pushing better designs out with it. Also, the randomness of each item from one another is telling.
Maybe that hideous awning was a toddler stuff pack item left in the dust.

Won't actually complain much, as free is free - but at least make it finished/polished. Didn't learn from the ball pit I see.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:14 AM
The ballpit still doesn't look that great to me. I'm guessing it's a technical compromise.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#24 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 1:10 PM
I don't have the ballpit, since I haven't bought the Toddler DLC. Or any DLC for that matter.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:14 PM
Hmm maybe that horrible awning was supposed to look like the front view of a firefighter helmet - and thus being a hint of some upcoming shit - but the thing is so ugly that no one noticed the hint -.- Oy.
So the patch is the all-the-stuff-we-forgot-to-finish-earlier? Oh joy. Worse part is that they still haven't finished working on them! erroneous hair color? check. erroneous slotting? check. copy paste of an already existing bench? check!

... Before someone jumps on me for 'negativity' I do love the hair mesh, the bed and the small window.
Page 1 of 2