Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 5:27 PM
Default No relationship decay mods not working
I tried the Slower or No Relationship decay mod and the nRaas retuner but neither of them worked... Is there a way to make these mods work or stop relationship decay in another way?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:00 PM
On the Retuner end, what value did you try using for kMinHoursToHoldRelationshipState? And did you save (as), quit, and reload after making a change there?

Another way to approach this is to liberally apply/cheat the Long Distance Friend LTR to some or all sims in town. That can be done by way of MasterController (MC Cheats required), first by giving everyone enough LTR points as it costs 20,000, then by applying the LTR.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
On the Retuner end, what value did you try using for kMinHoursToHoldRelationshipState? And did you save (as), quit, and reload after making a change there?

Another way to approach this is to liberally apply/cheat the Long Distance Friend LTR to some or all sims in town. That can be done by way of MasterController (MC Cheats required), first by giving everyone enough LTR points as it costs 20,000, then by applying the LTR.

Thank you so much for helping! I first set it to 10 000 000 and the relationship levels stayed the same for about 7-8 sim days. When it first decayed I set it to 10 000 (thinking that the previous one was too high) and after saving, quitting and reloading it still started decaying just like before.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:42 PM Last edited by igazor : 19th Jul 2018 at 6:55 PM.
One of the challenges in using Retuner is that there isn't much (or any) documentation for the tunable settings that it can reach, exactly the same as when one makes standalone tuning mods. It can take some trial and error. My sense is that both values tried are probably way too high for the game to use. The first one certainly, the second one seems more reasonable but still translates to over 416 sim days. Are your sims' lifespans at least that long? A better value to try there might be something like 2500 or even 1000 to see how that goes -- and make sure no commas, spaces, or periods are used as those won't put the value you were intending in play. In other words, "10 000" (without the quotes) will probably get read as "10".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:27 PM
One of the challenges in using Retuner is that there isn't much (or any) documentation for the tunable settings that it can reach, exactly the same as when one makes standalone tuning mods. It can take some trial and error. My sense is that both values tried are probably way too high for the game to use. The first one certainly, the second one seems more reasonable but still translates to over 416 sim days. Are your sims' lifespans at least that long? A better value to try there might be something like 2500 or even 1000 to see how that goes -- and make sure no commas, spaces, or periods are used as those won't put the value you were intending in play. In other words, "10 000" (without the quotes) will probably get read as "10".

I tried 1000 and it still didn't work, could that be too high as well? I don't have any other mods that it could conflict with (I only have MasterController) so that can't be the problem either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:51 PM
It might be a glitch because it even happens with a sim that I became friends with on that same sim day, it happens with about 3 sims at once.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:13 PM
Afraid I can't say why this one is being so stubborn on you. But there's also the suggestion I gave prior about distributing the Long Distance Friends LTR that you might consider trying.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:17 PM
Afraid I can't say why this one is being so stubborn on you. But there's also the suggestion I gave prior about distributing the Long Distance Friends LTR that you might consider trying.

I will, thank you so much for your help!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 9:09 PM
Update: it was because my sim peed herself at a party and got a bad reputation for it. Uncomfortable, but I'm not even surprised.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KristinaSims
Update: it was because my sim peed herself at a party and got a bad reputation for it. Uncomfortable, but I'm not even surprised.

Honestly, that's a little more information than I needed.

But seriously, I did fail to ask how you were sure that these relationships were decaying passively (just as a result of time passing) vs. due to something your sim had done or was doing in the company or awareness of these other sims. But it seemed like the issue was more global than one or two poor reputations or disgraces from the way it was described. I should learn to interrogate the players more thoroughly before jumping into Retuner settings. But then no one would want to talk to me anymore and I'd pick up a lousy reputation...well, you get the idea.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:19 AM
Honestly, that's a little more information than I needed.

But seriously, I did fail to ask how you were sure that these relationships were decaying passively (just as a result of time passing) vs. due to something your sim had done or was doing in the company or awareness of these other sims. But it seemed like the issue was more global than one or two poor reputations or disgraces from the way it was described. I should learn to interrogate the players more thoroughly before jumping into Retuner settings. But then no one would want to talk to me anymore and I'd pick up a lousy reputation...well, you get the idea.

I feel like it was completely reasonable for you to ask about settings first since it was me who failed to find the real reason of the issue, I should've payed closer attention. Thank you for all your help!