Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2005 at 9:49 PM
Default A "complicated" bodymeshing question.
I have been trying to make some meshes that had clothes that could be altered in the alpha channel to the way people want them and still work proprely :banghead: .I have made one that kinda works by importing .smd files to replace the body and body_alpha of the hula mesh.It looks fine ok until you make the sim fat then it kinda explodes.If anybody has any ideas how to make this work I would appreciate your help.If I can't get it to morph right then can I somehow make it not try?I would rather it work completely if I can't then I would like to keep it from blowing up at least.

:idea: If I import an smd with the meshtool without opening it any 3d program do I need to check anything in meshtool(3ds or xsi) ?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 7:37 PM
I don't have any experience using the .smd format since I can't get the .smd exporter to work in the XSI Modtool, so I don't know if it supports the "fat" morphing.

I have been able to make a few meshs with a separate "alpha" part by doing some tricks using the .ms3dAscii importer in SimPE - however this means that the main body mesh can get "fat", but the alpha_ mesh part is always one size, and only has single vertex assignments, so that must be allowed for when deciding what to make. In other words, tight-fitting clothes would not work with my method.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 8:12 PM
The problem I am having is that the meshtool only allows you to change one group not both and you can't do anything to an altered mesh with it.I assume you already know this but you have to have the valve source add on for XSI to export .smd.You also don't export from the normal place but you have to select valve source at the top of the screen then export from there.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 8:28 AM
Yes, I have the valve-source thing for XSI. And I can import the .smd file with no problem.

But when I try to export, it says I must register it. I go to the link, fill out the form - it says it will send an email to unlock the exporter. This email never arrives. I've tried about 10 different times, thinking maybe the server was down. No luck though.
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 1:17 PM
They do send it out, I registered a while ago. Try a different email address if you have one.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!