Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 8:52 PM Last edited by lildiva3229 : 26th Apr 2016 at 1:40 AM. Reason: problem solved
Default can you turn the tv dinner tray into a non edible decorative object?[solved thank you!]
if this is this wrong thread to ask this question in,please let me know...
The next season of my series will be set in jail and i need to know is there any way i can turn the tv dinner tray into a non edible decorative object.
i want to use it during the cafeteria scenes.
Would I start in sim pe or milkshape.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 12:33 AM
Yes, it is possible.

Generally speaking, it is suggested that people start with recolors before getting into creating objects, as that gives you some experience in SimPE.

Beyond that, I would highly recommend you start out with the Sims 2 start to finish Object Creation Tutorial. This will teach you how to create a standalone object. Once you know how to do this, you should be able to move onto what you want to do.

You would simply extract the mesh and texture of the tv dinner tray (just do a temporary clone), clone a decorative object, and replace the mesh and texture.

I would be surprised if someone has not already made a decorative version of the dinner tray somewhere though.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 2:19 AM
Default thank you
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Yes, it is possible.

Generally speaking, it is suggested that people start with recolors before getting into creating objects, as that gives you some experience in SimPE.

Beyond that, I would highly recommend you start out with the Sims 2 start to finish Object Creation Tutorial. This will teach you how to create a standalone object. Once you know how to do this, you should be able to move onto what you want to do.

You would simply extract the mesh and texture of the tv dinner tray (just do a temporary clone), clone a decorative object, and replace the mesh and texture.

I would be surprised if someone has not already made a decorative version of the dinner tray somewhere though.

i do have a little bit of experience in milkshape and sim pe i have created some pose boxes and animation and one recolor of a painting for my show so at best i'm a beginner.

but i did find a cafeteria lunch tray but it only had a bowl of cereal and milk and the other option was a burger and pepsi
and i don't think inmates are served pop on a regular occasion lol
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 3:12 AM
Might not be quite what you want - but there are deco TV dinners: http://betsyslittlesimshoppes.blogs...ers-jan.%202011
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Might not be quite what you want - but there are deco TV dinners: http://betsyslittlesimshoppes.blogs...ers-jan.%202011

no this is perfect thank you!!!