Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 1:36 AM
Default Matching plain wall and wall with baseboard?
Is there a matching plain wall and wall with baseboard? When I use create-a-style and give flat wall and wall with baseboard the same style, they don't match. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 10:51 PM
Some of those walls are in pairs. If you use those belonging to each other it should work. Depends on how you do it though. On most walls you can change all colors to match, as well as textures.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Some of those walls are in pairs. If you use those belonging to each other it should work. Depends on how you do it though. On most walls you can change all colors to match, as well as textures.

Can you give me an example of a plain wall and a wall with a baseboard that match? I have all the expansion packs, and there's nothing that matches.

Basically, what I'm trying to do, is have a 2-floor exterior wall with a baseboard around the bottom. The two best candidates for this are "wall with baseboard trim" and "flat wall." But if I copy the style from "wall with baseboard trim" to "flat wall," then they don't match. If I manually color match them under one lighting condition, they don't match in a different lighting condition.

Am I just totally missing something here?
dodgy builder
#4 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 9:24 AM
What you may see is the way light distributes along floors. It has nothing to do with matching, it's just a game feature. I don't think there is a fix for it. You could use the cheat "buydebug on(off)" and use those invisible lights at the top of the new catalogue in your buy catalogue. You can put them wherever you want as long as you have a grid. Use "moveobjects on(off)" to place them if you need to. MTS has a cheat list in here somewhere, search for it in the top menu.

You can also click ctrl+shift and click on the light, and adjust intensity and color to further help you along.