Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 3:48 PM
A better intro for UVMapper please?
Well, i have UVMapper Classic, and everytime i make an object i always use the same thing on UVM, which is; load model, new uv map, and i always wonder( how do people make these objects, how do they make the color on the mesh look so neat, how do they put it exactly where they want somtimes?)so...i always choose the same uv map,not knowing of what would happen if i possibly chose, spherical, or cylindrical,and I use the same thing, obviously because i've never had an introduction to uv mapper, the uv map i use is always, Planar, then Box, only because in the object creation tut, it tells me to use thoughs uv's, so i would like A tut on uv mapping, how to better use everything it offers, instead of using same old, planar-box, can anyone help me? And also, could I actually make better objects using Blender more than Wings? I'm most common to Wings, But could Blender get more Detailed than Wings?

I'm now accepting requests for tables and chairs, i need pictures of it from all sides if you can, PM me and I'll see if i can make it
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 4:16 PM
Well I usually see how the object is mapped to start with. Some maps only need a small tweak, so it's just making extra work to start a new one.

As a rule I find Planar - Z-axiz, Horizontal, Split by orientation, Gaps in map, Scale result does for most doors and windows, with box mapping for objects that will be seen all round.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 5:01 PM
ok, thanks. i've been making tables, chairs, and sort so your saying i shouls use box for that?

I'm now accepting requests for tables and chairs, i need pictures of it from all sides if you can, PM me and I'll see if i can make it
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 5:22 PM
I make different mapping.... to get more details better.
It's difficult for me to explain in english how I made mine......
Every new object is different for me, and usually I try to find the best mapping I can for it.
Quote: Originally posted by AuraDemolisher
And also, could I actually make better objects using Blender more than Wings? I'm most common to Wings, But could Blender get more Detailed than Wings?

I use Blender. I don't know what you mean for "more details"....... more details about what?

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 10:42 AM
I can only second Aurorademolisher's request. I also have UVMapper classic and have been following the tutorials slavishly. I would love to have more insight into how it works for the very same reasons he/she states.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 10:57 AM
Do you know the UVMapper introduction by Numenor?

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79954

Quite easy to follow...

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:43 PM
Additional to Numenor's tutorial this thread might be useful to read, esp. post #8. Unfortunately IBliss removed every attachment but there are still some hints you can read. UV Mapping can be a bit tricky when you want to do it as well as possible, like MaryLou already said.

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:46 PM
ok thanks, that helped big time, I'll read it when i wanna make cylindral objects, and other shapes, I've read the cube, (which is mostly wat I enjoy making) so i should be good to go, thanks, Xanathon☺☻

Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 5:26 PM
Thank you Xanathon and Khaibit! These are very helpful!