Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2019 at 1:08 AM
Default WCIF - stay at home mom running daycare career
Has anyone already created a well-written career like this? I've got a request for one and just want to see if there's one already done.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd May 2019 at 8:27 PM
I seem to recall a mention of a daycare center on community lot. not sure where or when or who.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2019 at 8:47 PM
I think I've seen a few. I've even made one, but I'm wondering if there's a career. Before I write one.
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd May 2019 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I think I've seen a few. I've even made one, but I'm wondering if there's a career. Before I write one.

What about this one?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2019 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2ultralover5
What about this one?

=
Doesn't look the same to me..parent still has to "go to work", even though it's just for an hour. Don't know how a sim could start a home business where other kids would show up. Would be cool if playable sims WHO WORKED would drop their babies/toddlers off. Know their are mods to create schools ..would that be similar?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2019 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
=
Doesn't look the same to me..parent still has to "go to work", even though it's just for an hour. Don't know how a sim could start a home business where other kids would show up. Would be cool if playable sims WHO WORKED would drop their babies/toddlers off. Know their are mods to create schools ..would that be similar?

I think that is what people do. I use a meeting controller, but this is just a request for a career that someone asked me to write, so I'm checking if it's already done.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2019 at 7:52 PM
EDIT: This is to make a community lot into a daycare center. I don't think this will allow a playable sim to run a daycare center in their own house. I'll leave this here anyway in case someone is looking for something like this.

Chris Hatch made a mod that sounds like what you're looking for. I don't use this one myself, so I can't advise you on setting it up and running it.

This requires Chris Hatch's Globe mod. This is NOT compatible with his playgroup phone call mod because the child care center already contains the code for that feature.

The Globe mod (necessary to run Child Care Centre and several of Chris Hatch's other mods). There should be instructions files in this folder too:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/22091/

Child Care Centre mod
https://simfileshare.net/folder/22488/

I've also attached a zip file of an HTML file and screenshots that were provided by Chris Hatch somewhere. This is a description of the globe and its add-on features with screenshots. I haven't tried the included Box links, so I don't know whether or not they work.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  The Globe.zip (553.6 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Web page provided by Chris Hatch with descriptions of The Globe and all the add-ons available for it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th May 2019 at 12:21 AM
@Sunrader I don't think anyone ever has. It is possible to make a career that sims don't leave the lot for, the business owner career does that. However they also don't get any money, so leaving the lot is probably needed if the sim is to earn any money.

You guys ^ she doesn't want a daycare centre, she wants to make a career.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#9 Old 24th May 2019 at 3:22 PM
It is possible to make a career where sims get paid and promoted etc. without leaving home. A&N has a live-in-servant career for live in servant NPCs, their work is at home, they get paid everyday and promoted according to their skills (cleaning, cooking etc). I could package it up as a starting point for anyone who wants to convert it.
Alchemist
#10 Old 24th May 2019 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I could package it up as a starting point for anyone who wants to convert it.

Please do, thank you! It could give us lots more options for custom careers.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#11 Old 25th May 2019 at 2:51 PM
CJH_ServantCareer.zip (9.1 kB)
Will work as is (has registered GUID) but I don't see much need for a live in servant career without live in servants. You'll need to change the text in the 'Job Descriptions' text, the icons and the catalogue description to make it be what you want.
As is the sim works from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday to Saturday, it parses the career between 11:00 and 12:00 every morning and, if it is a work day it pays the sim and promotes the sim if the sim qualifies for promotion.
There is a popup dialogue if the sim gets promoted but that can be switched off via a (labelled) constant if it's irrelevant, for example a stay at home mum may have the same job title for every level so a popup informing that she's been promoted to a stay at home mum is pointless. The constant is the first one in 'Skill Req - Gardening' table because sims don't have gardening skill so those are never used for anything else.

Although the sim never goes to work so carpool and outfit GUIDS don't get used by the career I have made them use legitimate values in case any mods try to read them (the maid outfit is used for the career outfit). Job performance and accrued holidays are irrelevant, the sim can't possibly stay home from work or be late for work when home is work.

I have only tested it with all EPs, it uses a lua script from OFB so it'll definitely not work below OFB.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th May 2019 at 4:58 PM
Chris,

Hi! Was wondering how you were doing. Hope that all is well. :-)

- Osanao
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th May 2019 at 6:20 PM
Thanks, Chris, this will be very useful. Thank you all for the other leads as well.