Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 9:43 PM
Default Glitches since Dec. patch
So I have installed the sims 4 on my laptop this month and since then, I have had several issues that I never experienced before on my other computer. And I don't know if the problems are related to one another.

First, no hired sim ever show up to my events. I have tried to hire trough the phone and using the object (bar or fridge) directly and always end up paying for staff that never shows up. I have realized that they don't show up to non active sims' parties either, which got me thinking that it must be a glitch with NPCs. But I can't hire sims that I know either, or family members, even though they do have the competences. So, what's up with that?

Second, when a group of sims are eating at the same time there is a glitch, they all reset shaping a "T" with their arms, it's very weird. I looked it up and apparently a few have been having this issue and it has nothing to do with CC, as I tried playing without and it still did the same thing. It also happens on community lots but not as often. And, since the toddlers update, they now automatically put put plates in their inventory right after picking one up and I have to repeat the action for them to finally eat their food. It's driving me nuts !

My third problem, if that wasn't enough, is with the doctor career with Get to Work. I am level 8 and my sim has to deliver a baby. Since I knew no one was pregnant in my town I meddled and made it happen for a few couples. But none of them came to the hospital when it was time to give birth ! Instead, I got the mission to take care of a sim in labor that supposedly arrived but was no where to be found. I am stuck at this level as long as I don't complete the task. And now, I'm not even asked to deliver a baby anymore, I just have random sims pass out and need to be treated.

If anyone has a solution to any of these problems or is experiencing the same thing, please let me know. It's frustrating and making the game not so fun anymore .. Please help
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cinthila
So I have installed the sims 4 on my laptop this month and since then, I have had several issues that I never experienced before on my other computer. And I don't know if the problems are related to one another.

First, no hired sim ever show up to my events. I have tried to hire trough the phone and using the object (bar or fridge) directly and always end up paying for staff that never shows up. I have realized that they don't show up to non active sims' parties either, which got me thinking that it must be a glitch with NPCs. But I can't hire sims that I know either, or family members, even though they do have the competences. So, what's up with that?

Second, when a group of sims are eating at the same time there is a glitch, they all reset shaping a "T" with their arms, it's very weird. I looked it up and apparently a few have been having this issue and it has nothing to do with CC, as I tried playing without and it still did the same thing. It also happens on community lots but not as often. And, since the toddlers update, they now automatically put put plates in their inventory right after picking one up and I have to repeat the action for them to finally eat their food. It's driving me nuts !

My third problem, if that wasn't enough, is with the doctor career with Get to Work. I am level 8 and my sim has to deliver a baby. Since I knew no one was pregnant in my town I meddled and made it happen for a few couples. But none of them came to the hospital when it was time to give birth ! Instead, I got the mission to take care of a sim in labor that supposedly arrived but was no where to be found. I am stuck at this level as long as I don't complete the task. And now, I'm not even asked to deliver a baby anymore, I just have random sims pass out and need to be treated.

If anyone has a solution to any of these problems or is experiencing the same thing, please let me know. It's frustrating and making the game not so fun anymore .. Please help

So I know for a fact I can answer a couple of these issues. The problem is that there is no fix currently for one of them (sorta).

For the main glitches, have you tried to repair your game without CC in it? You go into your Library on Origin. Click on Sims 4 then click on the settings button, click "Repair" on the dropdown menu and it might fix it.
Next is to find some kind of mod conflict detector. The issue with this is there isn't one that I could find that I felt safe using. If someone else answers this maybe they can help you better. Or if you want to look around yourself, you might find something that I didn't.
The final problem is the Doctor career issue. That has been a problem for a while and there is no current fix other than to manually promote your Doc sim up. There is an EA link that I will give you that will allow you to report it as well. I suggest doing it because the more people who have the issue, hopefully the sooner they will get on it.
Unfortunately this newest patch has caused some issues for everyone (I personally have come across these as well) and until they get reported to EA or they notice them, themselves, not a lot can be done. When going onto the Discussion Board on EA's site (Origin's Site) make sure you check out any other issues reported or make a post yourself.

Best Wishes!

DOC BUG: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...ms/td-p/5676077
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 4:52 AM
Before anyone else offers any help/advice: I'm kind of curious - why the December patch? This is January and there was a pretty big patch just 2 days ago. The one that added toddlers?

So. Have you tried letting your game update? I'm not saying that it will fix any of the problems that you're having, but if you have a legitimate copy of the game it should be patched so it's up to date.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ca1iso
So I know for a fact I can answer a couple of these issues. The problem is that there is no fix currently for one of them (sorta).

For the main glitches, have you tried to repair your game without CC in it? You go into your Library on Origin. Click on Sims 4 then click on the settings button, click "Repair" on the dropdown menu and it might fix it.
Next is to find some kind of mod conflict detector. The issue with this is there isn't one that I could find that I felt safe using. If someone else answers this maybe they can help you better. Or if you want to look around yourself, you might find something that I didn't.
The final problem is the Doctor career issue. That has been a problem for a while and there is no current fix other than to manually promote your Doc sim up. There is an EA link that I will give you that will allow you to report it as well. I suggest doing it because the more people who have the issue, hopefully the sooner they will get on it.
Unfortunately this newest patch has caused some issues for everyone (I personally have come across these as well) and until they get reported to EA or they notice them, themselves, not a lot can be done. When going onto the Discussion Board on EA's site (Origin's Site) make sure you check out any other issues reported or make a post yourself.

Best Wishes!

DOC BUG: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...ms/td-p/5676077

Well I tried repairing through Origin before but I kept the CC in. This time I removed all of it, "repaired" and tried to play again and all the problems are still there. I also moved my sims but it didn't change anything. The T shape sim reset glitch and the no hired sim glitch don't seem to disappear when I remove my CC.
I have deleted the game and I'm starting from scratch but I have little hope it'll change anything.

And like you said, I have been looking for a conflict detector for quite some time now but there's nothing safe trying. Plus, because I've had my fair share of issues with CC on my other computer, I have chilled on the downloads and test them in game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:23 AM Last edited by cinthila : 15th Jan 2017 at 10:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Before anyone else offers any help/advice: I'm kind of curious - why the December patch? This is January and there was a pretty big patch just 2 days ago. The one that added toddlers?

So. Have you tried letting your game update? I'm not saying that it will fix any of the problems that you're having, but if you have a legitimate copy of the game it should be patched so it's up to date.

Well I have concluded that the problem is related to dec. patch because it was the last one when I installed my game and the problems started. I never had any problems of the sort on my other computer with which I played last in august. I had the same thought and hoped the update would fix things but it definitely didn't. I checked before starting this thread.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:31 AM
I love the glitch where the sims are sitting and talking and the next thing I k now they are all standing up and all the actions are gone. It really gets annoing after a while. Does it on a vanilla game, and I have the toddler patch.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:47 AM
The only thing I've found (so far?) is my toddlers are "stuck" and won't DO anything. Their needs decay, but when I have them do something, they don't and the action disappears. Most interactions with adult end the same way, also. This is a fully updated game, but I have not tried "repairing" (first I heard of it, thanks!) and I have to try this with no CC.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 12:44 PM
Well I decided to do my own testing since I too have had some issues since the patch and the only thing that worked was to completely remove my CC and start a brand new game. -_-' What a pain! Even then there are still some issues, I think those are in the game though. Caused by previous patches they never fixed. I have had the T pose issue, the freezing on speed 3, and now the "put their plates in their inventory when they grab a plate of food". Another issue I have found is when you click on an item to wear (in CAS) it won't switch to it if you click on one of the different color swatches first. You have to click on the actual item, THEN change the color. Just seems to me that they will have to have a serious glitch overhaul on the next patch, which will hopefully be soon!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 6:23 PM
Well I decided to do my own testing since I too have had some issues since the patch and the only thing that worked was to completely remove my CC and start a brand new game. -_-' What a pain! Even then there are still some issues, I think those are in the game though. Caused by previous patches they never fixed. I have had the T pose issue, the freezing on speed 3, and now the "put their plates in their inventory when they grab a plate of food". Another issue I have found is when you click on an item to wear (in CAS) it won't switch to it if you click on one of the different color swatches first. You have to click on the actual item, THEN change the color. Just seems to me that they will have to have a serious glitch overhaul on the next patch, which will hopefully be soon!

So what are you saying he the T pose glitch stopped when you removed all your CC ? Because I kind of tried that, I started a new game and emptied my mod file but it still did the glitch so I put everything back ..
What about no hired sims come to my event ? No mixologist or caterer or nothing, anyone had issues like that ? The nanny does come though, I don't know about maids I haven't tried I only played one generation so far and all hell is already breaking lose ..
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:17 AM
I thought it was updated, wicked whims/woohoo, gotta bring this over to LL? And I've got a loooooooooooooot of mods in my game, and what i am experiencing is

my Sims arms go everywhere when holding a toddler, need to know what's causing that, my Sims actions get interrupted when potty training, putting a toddler to bed, and bringing them to certain areas of the house (which even before the toddlers actions were getting interrupted, like making a meal, eating a meal they'll just glitch to standing up, they keep bringing the dishes outside instead of the dishwasher lol so need to find which mod is broken with that)

I'm experiencing the recent issue of Sims not staying asleep, if resolved can someone please send me to answer or tell me, idk if whickedwhims or if something else is causing my married Sims not to sleep together anymore, on my MC bed sharing is turned to true, if its supposed to be false let me know. Uuuuuuumm what else lol

I have vintage pack and i haven't been able to hire a butler since i got the game, but everything else is working from the pack, so i need to know what's causing that, and I've had this pack for a little bit after it came out

I have not experienced the no Sims showing or saved games not showing, yet, lol and if i do then we need to figure out what's wrong with that

I have some CC that either i need to go back and get the mesh to or its not working with toddlers...its a few hairs where i get the checkered red and white with the ? On the face, and some of them are just bald. I think there's some Toddie clothes that aren't right either but i need to check to confirm.

If you have fixes for these let me know and if its a similar issue let me know cause imma have a few words with these modders lol

My main concerns are the toddler glitches (obviously! Lol my kids just disappear when i pick them up lol) and the butler because I don't even get the option to hire him, idk what's wrong, but i can sure as heck order pizza hut delivery in my game with no issue, but i can't order a butler around and to be my friend?! Lmao

Guys i love mods, and sorry this is super long, but I'm a mod tester i see because idgaf what mod it is, imma put it in unless someone says its completely dangerous lol
Im here to help too.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:21 AM
So what are you saying he the T pose glitch stopped when you removed all your CC ? Because I kind of tried that, I started a new game and emptied my mod file but it still did the glitch so I put everything back ..
What about no hired sims come to my event ? No mixologist or caterer or nothing, anyone had issues like that ? The nanny does come though, I don't know about maids I haven't tried I only played one generation so far and all hell is already breaking lose ..

Actually I have not had the T pose issue since removing all mods and CC. I actually as of yet had the problem of the Service NPC's although if I think back on it on my PC (I'm on a laptop) I did have that issue a couple of times. Probably in that instance it was a mod or broken cc or something more along those lines. To be perfectly honest I don't think its the CC that is causing these issues. I am about to try my game with my CC back in (no mods). If anything it is mainly the game itself as well as mods. I am about to start my game so what I will do is try to hire some NPC Services on different lots and see what happens. I will edit this post when I test it out.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BabiHunni
I thought it was updated, wicked whims/woohoo, gotta bring this over to LL? And I've got a loooooooooooooot of mods in my game, and what i am experiencing is

my Sims arms go everywhere when holding a toddler, need to know what's causing that, my Sims actions get interrupted when potty training, putting a toddler to bed, and bringing them to certain areas of the house (which even before the toddlers actions were getting interrupted, like making a meal, eating a meal they'll just glitch to standing up, they keep bringing the dishes outside instead of the dishwasher lol so need to find which mod is broken with that)

I'm experiencing the recent issue of Sims not staying asleep, if resolved can someone please send me to answer or tell me, idk if whickedwhims or if something else is causing my married Sims not to sleep together anymore, on my MC bed sharing is turned to true, if its supposed to be false let me know. Uuuuuuumm what else lol

I have vintage pack and i haven't been able to hire a butler since i got the game, but everything else is working from the pack, so i need to know what's causing that, and I've had this pack for a little bit after it came out

I have not experienced the no Sims showing or saved games not showing, yet, lol and if i do then we need to figure out what's wrong with that

I have some CC that either i need to go back and get the mesh to or its not working with toddlers...its a few hairs where i get the checkered red and white with the ? On the face, and some of them are just bald. I think there's some Toddie clothes that aren't right either but i need to check to confirm.

If you have fixes for these let me know and if its a similar issue let me know cause imma have a few words with these modders lol

My main concerns are the toddler glitches (obviously! Lol my kids just disappear when i pick them up lol) and the butler because I don't even get the option to hire him, idk what's wrong, but i can sure as heck order pizza hut delivery in my game with no issue, but i can't order a butler around and to be my friend?! Lmao

Guys i love mods, and sorry this is super long, but I'm a mod tester i see because idgaf what mod it is, imma put it in unless someone says its completely dangerous lol
Im here to help too.

Sorry about double posting, but this actually sounds like a game glitch. (Toddler issues.) A lot of people are having problems with tots in game since they came out. Hopefully they put out a fix here pretty soon. What is the point of tots if we can't use em! Personally I haven't had the chance to play with them yet, because non of my current sims have had babies yet lol.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 9:55 AM
Actually I have not had the T pose issue since removing all mods and CC. I actually as of yet had the problem of the Service NPC's although if I think back on it on my PC (I'm on a laptop) I did have that issue a couple of times. Probably in that instance it was a mod or broken cc or something more along those lines. To be perfectly honest I don't think its the CC that is causing these issues. I am about to try my game with my CC back in (no mods). If anything it is mainly the game itself as well as mods. I am about to start my game so what I will do is try to hire some NPC Services on different lots and see what happens. I will edit this post when I test it out.

I think its ea's fault, giving us toddies just to shut us up and now look at em, BROKEN lol, and thru my experience its usually a script mod messing something up, cuz i didn't care, i put ALL my mods back at once and im experiencing a lot of what y'all are talking about and y'all are saying this without putting all ure mods back...
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 10:41 AM
I think its ea's fault, giving us toddies just to shut us up and now look at em, BROKEN lol, and thru my experience its usually a script mod messing something up, cuz i didn't care, i put ALL my mods back at once and im experiencing a lot of what y'all are talking about and y'all are saying this without putting all ure mods back...

haha Oh yeah I agree. Give them toddlers so they shut up, but make sure they have all sorts of glitches attatched ! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! lol They remind me of Bethesda lol. I don't even know how many mods are out there to fix all of Bethesda's mistakes on their games. (Quite a few for sure.) If I knew anything about coding and mods I would personally create a mega haul for all the systems and get them fixed. Put it out to the public to have for free as soon as I knew it was good. No one would have to ask them for help again! I think I am gonna go your route though and put back some of my mods. I really miss a couple of them lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:35 PM
Thanks for your help you guys ! So far I don't have issues with toddlers but I'm not playing with one I had to go to another house to check it out. Funny enough, the boy's hair seemed blue and making his face look weird like skin color problem, and the grandfather did too. But in the CAS it looked just fine, and it wasn't CC hair. But anyway, I haven't gone back to see if it's still doing that. I have an infant about to grow so we'll see !

Like i said I deleted the whole sims4 file and dowloaded everything again, and so far it's great ! No resetting when they eat, but I havent tried the "call for diner" thing because I was afraid it would start again Same for the hired sims, i haven't tried to call for one because they can't afford to pay someone that won't show up ! And I'm pretty sure it still doesn't work anyway cause the grandmother celebrated her birthday and only 3 people showed up (her kids). Which brings me to something I failed to mention. It's like non active sims don't meet anybody, don't make friends, nothing. So when they throw parties they usually only invite my family cause they don't know anybody. I don't temember that being the case when I played on my PC...

Solutions ?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 8:10 PM
haha Oh yeah I agree. Give them toddlers so they shut up, but make sure they have all sorts of glitches attatched ! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! lol They remind me of Bethesda lol. I don't even know how many mods are out there to fix all of Bethesda's mistakes on their games. (Quite a few for sure.) If I knew anything about coding and mods I would personally create a mega haul for all the systems and get them fixed. Put it out to the public to have for free as soon as I knew it was good. No one would have to ask them for help again! I think I am gonna go your route though and put back some of my mods. I really miss a couple of them lol.

don't get me started on Bethesda and same here, i'm trying to learn coding and mods, i'd do exactly what ure talking about and then "neh EA, mega hauled that a$$" lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:23 PM
Well there is news on my issues ! No more glitch since i deleted the entire game et reinstalled it, so that's good. They don't reset in a t shape anymore. A mixologist showep up at a birthday, so that's another fix. However, i called for a caterer and no one showed up for that..
I have a new ptoblem though, for some rewson my dims can't swim no more! They get in the pool and turn around and that's it !

And...everyone losing it over the countless toddler issues ? Cause I have to deal with 2 and it's a struggle. And why is there always someone picking them up and stopping your action ?! It took me an hour to feed little Sofia on the high chair cause her uncle kept putting her back down !! I'm glad they brought toddlers back but gor God's sake make sure it works well!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 12:36 AM
I swear the glitches with the toddies suck! and please don't say I have to reinstall the whoooooole game unless you're just talking about resetting the game with taking out the folders and it creating new ones? I have waaaaaaaaay too many mods, way more than most can imagine to just redownload the whole game again
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 5:52 AM
I swear the glitches with the toddies suck! and please don't say I have to reinstall the whoooooole game unless you're just talking about resetting the game with taking out the folders and it creating new ones? I have waaaaaaaaay too many mods, way more than most can imagine to just redownload the whole game again

Well I've been laying low on mods so I knew it wasn't my problem, plus I'd tried playing without mods and I still had the same issues. So I put aside my save file and mods file and deleted the game then reinstalled it. I played it once empty and when I saw that the sims stopped "t" resetting (let's call it that) I knew the problem was fixed so I added my save and mods files !
If you have loads of mods though I would advise you to do a thorough check up before or after refreshing your game.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 4:04 AM
Well I've been laying low on mods so I knew it wasn't my problem, plus I'd tried playing without mods and I still had the same issues. So I put aside my save file and mods file and deleted the game then reinstalled it. I played it once empty and when I saw that the sims stopped "t" resetting (let's call it that) I knew the problem was fixed so I added my save and mods files !
If you have loads of mods though I would advise you to do a thorough check up before or after refreshing your game.

it's too late for me, I have over 12,500 mods...idh the patience...I'm cool with a few glitches that ea has to fix and I know I screw up sometimes with my mods, luckily I organize all of them, which is tedios but hey, idgaf, like i said, it's too late for me lol
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 7:38 AM
it's too late for me, I have over 12,500 mods...idh the patience...I'm cool with a few glitches that ea has to fix and I know I screw up sometimes with my mods, luckily I organize all of them, which is tedios but hey, idgaf, like i said, it's too late for me lol

I was like that with the Sims 3. I had more mods and custom content than ever should be allowed in a game! I just couldn't be bothered half the time when it came to clearing things out. The good thing about a game being finished, though, is that nothing needs to be updated lol. Sims 4 is still putting out content. Although I feel like they updated the Sims 3's in game glitches faster and more efficiently than the Sims 4 team is these days.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 7:53 AM
I was like that with the Sims 3. I had more mods and custom content than ever should be allowed in a game! I just couldn't be bothered half the time when it came to clearing things out. The good thing about a game being finished, though, is that nothing needs to be updated lol. Sims 4 is still putting out content. Although I feel like they updated the Sims 3's in game glitches faster and more efficiently than the Sims 4 team is these days.

i honestly feel sims 3 they gave us everything and sims 4 they're like f us we need money so ya'll are gunna pay for tems that used to be in the previous games...basic items...like phones...laundry....the heart shaped hot tub....so yeah f ya'll
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 3:25 AM
i honestly feel sims 3 they gave us everything and sims 4 they're like f us we need money so ya'll are gunna pay for tems that used to be in the previous games...basic items...like phones...laundry....the heart shaped hot tub....so yeah f ya'll

haha Seriously! I just wish they started putting out more solid content. They won't even do that. One of the biggest things in the Sims 3 was that they also put out great free stuff in each update. Did it every time! And it was always something that people ended up using. So frustrating for them to go backwards.