Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 7:42 PM
Default 3ds Max tutorial needed
I am a newcomer to your site. I have recently finished courses in 3d modeling in 3ds Max. I would love to be able to import some of my meshes into Sims 2 but have not found a tutorial using this program. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 11:25 PM
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 9:58 AM
when i use the 3ds importer the mesh always ****s up but that tutorial is outdated since max 7 can import OBJ files 3dwin isn't needed to convert.
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 1:28 AM
Well now we're up to Max 8 so there is a few things they've fixed.

~Caged Penguin Productions~
Scholar
#5 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 1:21 AM
8 is out already?
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 1:46 AM
Yep, sure is. That's what I've been working on. Also, with those tutorials you sent me, the SimPE that she uses is different than the one I am, so I'm a liiiil confused on parts. Is there any newer ones??

Scholar
#7 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 11:57 AM
she? i think the owner of pandora's is a guy.
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
she? i think the owner of pandora's is a guy.

You're right. Pandora's is run by a guy.

Madragal: Which version of SimPE do you have?

Here's my site: Spirited Sims
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 7:33 PM
My bad ...mythologically speaking, Pandora was a girl .... bad thing about assuming >.< ....Anyways, I believe it's the newest version. I just downloaded it not two weeks ago and it was ...I believe, the updated version for OFB? Not sure, I just know I got the newest one when I went. Also, when I go through the steps I can figure out, and I get to the part where I'm trying to export into 3DMax ... it says that I don't have some kind of DirectX that's needed??? Have no clue ...should of wrote the error message down. Either way, at home I don't have internet ...only at school, so it's hard for me to just click the link to fix any errors. >.< So confused....

Scholar
#10 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:09 AM
in max when you export choose export as OBJ don't use 3ds most of the time despite what peeps here tell you it will stuff up! nearly everytime i import the mesh as 3ds in SimPE the mesh jumps or moves in other words it's not directly in align with the grid once i get it into the game. if i export as obj i never get that problem.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 9:34 PM
Okay, I'll try that out. Thanks!