Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 3:36 PM
Default GetType not finding my classes
Hey everyone!

I'm currently struggling with a somewhat more... advanced issue. This both happened when I was loading in my buffs (and had to manually parsing the buff types in it myself, so basically *hacking* in my buffs) and now the same thing is happening with my social interaction, that has the same thing. 

Whenever I'd try a 'try/catch' around it, it will say "Type was not found" and then returning the string that was parsed in. Obviously it works for others, so why isn't it working for me :p

Few things I've tried:
1. I know namespace + Class , assembly is basically how EA searches the Type eventually. Now, in the case of this social interaction, I got the following namespace + Class: Lyralei.Socials.AskAboutEntryInJournal 

It's not nested, so that's not the problem here. Whenever I print which assembly is being used with my type by using:

Code:
typeof(AskAboutEntryInJournal).Assembly.GetName().Name;

It returns LyraleiJournal. So that's correct too. The test function is also correctly spelled, but I decided to not use the override function of the SocialInteractionA class. In this case it's called "TestAskAboutEntryInJournal". 

Here's the full line:
Code:
<ProcTest key="Lyralei.Socials.AskAboutEntryInJournal,LyraleiJournal,TestAskAboutEntryInJournal" /> <!-- fullclassname,assembly,method -->
I'll also leave the package here since it's easier to check if I really did everything right. It's not the first time I've done social Interactions,  but unfortunately, this one just isn't working. Or rather, this assembly has something in it that isn't letting the game to see it or something.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Lyralei_Journal_A2286EF8.zip (60.4 KB, 5 downloads)