Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#15351 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:22 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 28th Aug 2017 at 5:21 AM.
@ConvictedDreamer
Well have a lovely time in New Zealand! I have no idea where to put this, but I made you one of these.
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#15352 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 3:58 PM
Field Researcher
#15353 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
@ConvictedDreamer
Well have a lovely time in New Zealand! I have no idea where to put this, but I made you one of these.

Haha, that's brilliant. XD That does kinda describe him. Best thing of all though? That expression is completely natural. That's Blaise's 'How dare you argue with me' face. It was a complete fluke that I managed to capture it, as I was done with shooting and was simply watching what my sims were up to. Lyra had already dropped out of the arguing stance and Blaise was in the process of doing so, but then he pulled that expression. So. Perfect. (For his character, at least. I love hot-headed sims XD) <3

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Field Researcher
#15354 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 4:18 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 31st Aug 2017 at 5:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ConvictedDreamer
Haha, that's brilliant. XD That does kinda describe him. Best thing of all though? That expression is completely natural. That's Blaise's 'How dare you argue with me' face. It was a complete fluke that I managed to capture it, as I was done with shooting and was simply watching what my sims were up to. Lyra had already dropped out of the arguing stance and Blaise was in the process of doing so, but then he pulled that expression. So. Perfect. (For his character, at least. I love hot-headed sims XD) <3

I love that they were 'up to' arguing. Of course they were. Are they enemies in your game, or 'disliked'? Of course you probably don't want to give that away.

Well regardless I have a New Update! Some fluff and some non fluff: 1.03 Time to Play Along

I'll try to have another out soon because I've played way ahead in my game and I know the content of the next dozen posts or so. That and my new goal is under 3,000 words a post. I'm sure I'll break it though, the last one was near 5,000.

Edit= NEXT! Uh and that word count rule? Yeah I just broke it. XD But I haaad to! 1.04 Unexpected Results So much happened at the end of college, uhmmm, I seriously do hope it's not too long. *shrugs* let me know? And there's some Loki fan images below because they all split off next post and I'll miss him being a main character.

Field Researcher
#15355 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 3:42 AM
Test Subject
#15356 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 1:55 AM
Alright, @Frogsnack. You convinced me. Give me some time to get the game started. I'm going to write things down in my notebook and then I'll type it up in blog posts. (Honestly, it was a reason to buy another journal )
Field Researcher
#15357 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 3:47 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 1st Sep 2017 at 5:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nerdwritergirl
Alright, @Frogsnack. You convinced me. Give me some time to get the game started. I'm going to write things down in my notebook and then I'll type it up in blog posts. (Honestly, it was a reason to buy another journal )

I think you'll really like it. It's addicting as far as writing goes too you'll have so many ideas. I'm just happy you joined Modthesims after a decade :D

...are you keeping the rolls you rolled today or re-rolling? Don't tell me though it's better as a surprise! But it was a good set & there was potential in it. And everyone's blogs are amazing, that's what made me want to try the challenge so badly: all the different styles of play and storytelling are incredibly fun to read about and the community is great. *happydance* So excited to have you here!

Also I would have given you a notebook woman, I keep like a dozen blank ones around at all times lol

EDIT @MommyIce I'm glad you're feeling better! And yeah I'm in OH but there's a local shop that's driving a huge trailer down with supplies for survivors and to aid relief efforts, I'm glad I can donate actual goods with all the monetary donation fraud happening already. It's wonderful that your friends and family are alright!

Field Researcher
#15358 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 4:09 PM
I'm finally able to sit at a desk for more than 30 minutes without my arm feeling like it's about to fall off! Yay! Pinched nerves are no joke!

So, I'm about to get back into my story!

FYI - Texas is crazy, ya'll! That hurricane plowing through had me stuck to social media like glue! I have lots of friends in Houston area, with my hometown a little bit further down by the coast. Thankfully, only a few friends stranded & one friend had to evacuate twice after the home she went to flooded.
Scholar
#15359 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 6:51 PM
I have another update, Chapter 2.23
Field Researcher
#15360 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
@MommyIce I'm glad you're feeling better! And yeah I'm in OH but there's a local shop that's driving a huge trailer down with supplies for survivors and to aid relief efforts, I'm glad I can donate actual goods with all the monetary donation fraud happening already. It's wonderful that your friends and family are alright!

Thanks so much Frogsnack! It's been absolutely crazy! One thing that really amazed me was how quickly people worked together as a community, offering food, clothing, shelter & spirit!
Test Subject
#15361 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 8:50 PM
Alright, here's my blog. I'm using WordPress because I already have 2 blogs on that platform and figured why not keep everything together. http://nerdwritersim.wordpress.com I don't have the story yet. But, I have 2 intro posts with my characters and what I rolled for the first generation. I'm writing everything down in a journal and then copying it into the blog when I can.
Field Researcher
#15362 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:01 PM
I know there's a few others from Texas (or at least southern Northern America) who are regulars here on the thread, so I just hope that they're all okay.

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#15363 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:44 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 4th Sep 2017 at 3:25 AM.
@FutureCarrie
Here's a live map of Irma forming now off the coast right now. https://www.windy.com/?35.604,-84.749,5
Here's the effected area in Texas from Harvey (also a live map I'm not sure what it looked like three days ago) https://www.harriscountyfws.org/ But if you hover over the damns you can see that a dozen or so are still overflowing. You can zoom out on this map to get a better idea of the effected area (click channel status).

I'm nowhere near this state at all, I actually didn't realize that Texas has a bayou like Louisiana and there's swamp land in some of these places already.

Also about people 50 have died as of now but 6,000 people were rescued by the military and there are numerous volunteer efforts.

Field Researcher
#15364 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:34 PM
Hey guys, I posted another chapter last night: Chapter 7.12 "Paranoid"

I live in North Carolina, so I wasn't affected by hurricane Harvey. But I hope everyone in that area is safe! I'm pretty sure Owly lives in Texas; hope she has been okay.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15365 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:39 AM
Owly lives in west Texas iirc (as opposed to the gulf coast, which has taken the brunt of the damage); she posted recently on her simblr about being busy with work and family related things, so she's still kickin'.

The area I grew up in was hit hard by Harvey, but I'm safe in Pennsylvania. I've been working on my next simmy update. Had the game open last night, actually... but I wrote myself into a corner with the "story" so I can't post an update until I work out all the bugs. My heir will age up to teen next time I play. So once I do start updating again, I may be able to post several chapters in a relatively short amount of time. Like the good 'ol days?
Field Researcher
#15366 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:51 AM
Thanks for the update about Owly! I was getting kinda worried when I remembered that she lives in Texas.
Field Researcher
#15367 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 5:20 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 7th Sep 2017 at 3:16 PM.
So now we need Owly to post too and tell us that her family is safe and all.

@NutsandDolts Glad to have you back in it! Just kill the sim most causing the corner... no wait, I like everyone. Um, wait who's the heir? No wait, don't tell us... *excitement*

Oh wells new Sparrow post (under my 3k limit yeahhh)
1.05 Come with Me
Screenshots

Scholar
#15368 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 8:36 AM
I have another update, Chapter 1.24
Instructor
#15369 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:55 PM
Hey all! Becky is correct, I live in West Texas and thus safely out of the path of the hurricane. My friends in the gulf area okay as well. Sorry if I worried anyone with my absence. Work has been nuts. I have classes to teach, an independent project I'm directing, a couple of writing projects, and I signed up for a spanish class so the next few weeks will be bonkers. Hopefully I'll carve out some time for simming and catching up on blogs soon!

Field Researcher
#15370 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 1:42 AM
Getting Rid of Daryl - dun dun duuuuuuun.
Field Researcher
#15371 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
Hey all! Becky is correct, I live in West Texas and thus safely out of the path of the hurricane. My friends in the gulf area okay as well.

Glad to hear this! I was unable to message you back, but I appreciated your response. I know you've been busy so it meant a lot. So glad family & friends are safe too!

Field Researcher
#15372 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:44 AM
Glad you are okay, Owly! And good luck with your busy schedule!

I just posted an update: 7.13 "BFFs"
Field Researcher
#15373 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 3:15 AM
Yeah! Finally got more time for blogging! (I just started a new job and things are CRAZY)

1.06 Risk Taking
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#15374 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 4:49 PM
New chapter, and first in generation five: 5.1 Fresh attire

Neda's in uni and that's pretty much it
Field Researcher
#15375 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by heatherfeather19 : 20th Sep 2017 at 3:08 AM.
Good luck with your new job, Frogsnack!

Urunwa, hope you've been good! Glad to see a new chapter from you. :D

*Edit* Just posted a new chapter: Chapter 8.1 "The Return of Free Soda"

Just started my 8th generation.
Page 615 of 676