Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 6:32 AM
Default What's In Your Custom Painting Folder?
A lot of the pictures that I put in there are of cockatiels, budgies, and lovebirds. Might try doing some brushstroke filters on those pictures to make them more like paintings. Do you google pictures for your custom paintings, and do you brushstroke them for Sims 2?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 6:35 AM
I stick stuff from my pictures folder in there. Which pretty much equals lolcats and anime.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:01 AM
Cute! I've downloaded some more cockatiel photos today, and I need to get around doing some filter work on the bigger ones.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:10 AM
A lighthouse picture I took on vacation, some vintage illustrations and some video game art (easel paintings).

Custom paintings, using Sim PE ... birds (lots of birds), more vintage illustrations (I'm really into those), anime/manga art, flowers, Art Deco paintings, interesting patterns. Oh, and one llama picture I was going to use for my user-made dorm that I was going to submit for the recent theme, but life kind of interfered in there. I might submit the dorm as is by the end of the year, though. Those are the pictures I made.

I have lots and lots of stuff from other creators ... way too long to list here.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Link Ninja
#5 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:17 AM
Sometimes I see fantastic art sets on tumblr or deviant art from one artist so I resize them and put them into my custom paintings so my artistic sims have a 'syle' and their paintings match.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
A lighthouse picture I took on vacation, some vintage illustrations and some video game art (easel paintings).

Custom paintings, using Sim PE ... birds (lots of birds), more vintage illustrations (I'm really into those), anime/manga art, flowers, Art Deco paintings, interesting patterns. Oh, and one llama picture I was going to use for my user-made dorm that I was going to submit for the recent theme, but life kind of interfered in there. I might submit the dorm as is by the end of the year, though. Those are the pictures I made.

I have lots and lots of stuff from other creators ... way too long to list here.

So you're into birds too? Awesome!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:37 AM
I downloaded a huge set. It says I have 794 so way too many to picture here! I need to weed out what I don't want. I like paintings/drawings, not realistic pictures.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 10:55 AM
Most masterpieces from renowned artists like Degas, Monet and others. My pixels like the classics.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 2:45 PM
I have all of Vincent Van Gogh and Norman Rockwell's paintings. I added a lot of signs so my artist sims sells signs to the Business Owners. I also found out that sims can paint transparent. The sign can be placed on windows but from the back you can see the back of the painting.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 3:54 PM
Jack Vettriano portraits, medieval scenes, photos of stained glass windows and biblical scenes, portraits of favorite authors...some nature shots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 5:00 PM
Last night, I used some brush stroke effects on those birb pictures I downloaded. Dunno if I can upload them because the originals of some of them have watermarks or signatures. Hope it's ok to use professional photos for personal use in a game.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 5:26 PM
One advantage to vintage illustrations (at least 100 years or so) is that I don't have to worry about royalties. I use a lot of personal pictures and ones I take from bird cams as well. (Yup. I like birds! Frogs and toads, too.) The llama and a frog picture came from a royalty-free site. I think one such site I use is Pexels.

Some of my pictures, though, might still be iffy, despite my efforts. I make it a point to never use those in any picture I post publicly.

Scholar
#13 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:34 PM
Last i checked, a bunch of anime pictures lol

And some cow pics for my Kline cult

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:41 PM
Things I've found that I've liked and not had another use for. I go for things that look painted rather than photographs. Examples attached.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#15 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:45 PM
anything and everything. I have a pinterest board solely for pics that I like/catch my eye so when I have a sim with a high interest in something I can have them paint their own bedroom art so it's customized to thier personality.
Scholar
#16 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:58 PM
only added like one thing but i'll add more..soon..i mean i'm an extreme procrastinator

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Alchemist
#17 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 10:02 PM
currently just shipped version pictures are in my Paintings folder. might copy some pictures from "My Pictures" to that folder.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:26 AM
I love art and this particular folder is like my music folder, ever evolving and changing. I currently have African-American, Caribbean, Guatamala, and Hatian Folk Art oil paintings, water colors, Sim photos used for portraits, and other pieces by some of my favorite artist.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 2:14 PM
Portraits of myself, Papyrus, and an unflatteringly derpy headshot of McCree.

Do you ever hear a song so beautiful you want to financially support the artist, but you can't because the artist is a common wood pigeon?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 3:54 PM
Random pics from our house renovation, including several of our late cat Bruce exploring the changes; random pics that my husband has downloaded for other purposes and I've borrowed (see attached); my book covers; and pics from my game snapshots that it makes sense for sims to be painting.
Screenshots
Attached Images

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#21 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 4:37 PM
I used to have my own paintings there when I was trying out a self sim many years ago...now I just have memes.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 7:00 PM
I somehow didn't know about this folder. So I only have random dog pictures which I assume are from the developers?
Scholar
#23 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 7:01 PM
yep they are

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Alchemist
#24 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 8:45 PM
noticed mine after installing my 3 most recent expansions; Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life. though game loaded after installing Apartment Life; like I told in the Help section, Pets and Seasons would not load when either are most recent.
from my understanding, custom paintings was introduced with Pets.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 12:58 AM
I'm not quite sure JDacapo meant by paintings .... easel or custom paintings that you buy?

I have a whole bunch of default easel replacements from about three or four creators. Unfortunately, I don't like most of the Maxis ones. I have several custom easel paintings, and a WHOLE lot of custom paintings you buy from the catalog, including at least one to two dozen of mine.

Easiest tutorial for custom easel paintings. There are some different sizes suggested there ... see what works for you.

http://modthesims.info/t/333221

Easiest tutorial for making pictures for your catalog, using Maxis templates:

http://modthesims.info/t/95015 Note ... if you don't want the picture flipped, make sure that "flip picture" box isn't checked.

These are basic. There are a couple of more artful tutorials.

Page 1 of 2