Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2010 at 4:47 AM Last edited by Absimiliard : 8th Jun 2010 at 8:19 PM. Reason: Title change
Default Applying a FacialBlend (FACE) to a gender/age by default (some progress) - Now with Height slider beta! and more zinc!
I have been struggling with trying to get a FacialBlend (height modification - but this could apply to any of the new slider effects) to apply to the female Sim population. After going through the FullBuild0 I saw a few likely candidates for tweaking, but can't for the life of me get them to work.

There are 3 FACE files I think I could edit without too much ramification:
DaveTest 0x184A81ED7EEB4087
deltaNew 0x5DFCF7E6D9E7941D and
deltaOld 0x5DF90AE6D9E3CBB8.

I've modified the BOND components referenced by the VPXYs indicated in these items to no avail. It looks like these are leftovers from testing.

There was one other which did exactly what I wanted:
bodyTeen 0xB501BD650718B2AD
This facial group modifies only the teen body! Eureka! However I cannot seem to expand its scope or duplicate its function in another FACE resource.

I really wanted to crack out this mod myself for the pride of it, but I've spent the whole day banging my head against a wall. Does anyone think they can help?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 21st May 2010 at 1:53 PM
Hmm... Maybe if you modify the afFaceNormal (0x00000000d61ad086) to add the height adjustment, that would affect all adult females?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2010 at 8:27 PM Last edited by Absimiliard : 21st May 2010 at 8:36 PM. Reason: Progress Report
I had thought of that, and I'm gonna give it a try. My concern is if I open it in Delphy's Bone Delta Editor it shows 83 "Bone not found" entrys. And I'm not sure if its functioning in the same capacity as the other bone deltas I've been working with.

I'll report my progress.

ETA: Progress Report: Failure, addition of a head scale did nothing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 8:14 PM
Default gah...
I've almost given up on this project. I thought I'd upload my height slider for testing and as added incentive to thjose who might want to help.

This slider used US CDC and military info for average proportions for height, so besides scale there the appropriate ratios for tall/short folks. The max/min points of the slider correspond to the 99th/1st percentile of height based on the average height for each gender. This means that women and men do NOt scale the same as the female heigh slider was intended to work from a modifed shorter base warp for females. (This is not really a problem as it's still almost +10%/-10%)

If anyone can figure how to add a facialblend warp to the female mesh we could have accurate sim heights...

Note slider is in early testing and is not compltete (teen and child warps were just scaled due to lack of data). Please report any problems encountered in game. Also if anyone has better translations than Google for the Height slider name please offer them up.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AbsCAS_Height.rar (2.6 KB, 3221 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:18 PM
Wow, I tested it in game and just WOW. Works perfectly for me. Too bad I can't help, but hope that you won't give up. I used different sliders for height, made both taller and shorter sims and this one is certainly the easiest, the most accurate and just plain best slider there is.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 8:24 PM
It works for me!! And it looks awesome!! Thank you so much for your work!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 7:01 AM
I tried it, and it works well. I find if you use Jonah's body/leg length sliders to differentiate the men and women's height, while keeping this slider constant, it provides a fairly accurate look. Also, for children to teen, if you max both this slider and Delphy's slider for kids and minimize them for teens, you get a good transition in height from child to teen. The only thing that still looks off is the faces - a child and teen who are the same height look very obviously different. If only someone would make a "puberty" slider of sorts, that adjusts the entire face to go from child at one end to teen at the other.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 9:19 PM
I found a bug - if you try to select different lips from the main lips section, the sim's height changes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwurts00
I found a bug - if you try to select different lips from the main lips section, the sim's height changes.

I just tried this out and cannot reproduce. When I read your message I thought "Oh, the premade lips must zero out new sliders", but when I select then no height changes occur with any gender/age combination.

I can't think what would cause this problem. Have you got other height sliders installed?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:10 AM
Yes, I have Delphy's and Jonha's height sliders. I blamed it on your mod because I hadn't noticed it before, but now that I've tested it more closely, it seems to be resetting Jonha's leg length slider each time I change the lips. At least the lips aren't reset by changing the leg length. I'll just have to remember to set the lips first.