Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 7:49 PM
Default [help] my mesh doesn't show up
I have created my mesh and put it inside cas_part_editor and packaged it and stored it in mod file when I tried to test it. the hat didn't show up when I have wear it. it just showed me a policewoman with no hair O.o? what did I made wrong ?
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 1:34 AM
Does it has the correct instance numbers.
Is the meshfile based on a existing mesh(created with a correct skeleton to give your mesh/vertice boneweights)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 6:03 AM Last edited by abd123 : 11th Feb 2012 at 9:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Does it has the correct instance numbers.
Is the meshfile based on a existing mesh(created with a correct skeleton to give your mesh/vertice boneweights)

how can I know if I am doing the correct instance number?

what I have done was giving it the same name as the defult one , then when I changed it. opened the file again it say:

type: (none)

I have checked "Hidden in CAS" was that the problem ?
CAS Part Type: Hair.

Mesh TGI Links:
have the normal map,diffuse map,alpha map.

Lod0: Contain my the orginal mesh.

Lod0_1,Lod0_2,Lod0_3 have nothing.

Lod1,Lod2,Lod3 have nothing!

Bump Map have nothing!

here is the image of my work.

I will send the package in case you need it to check things out.
is this correct?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  arabic_policewoman_2_by_abd123.rar (30.3 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 10:44 AM
If you ticked Hidden in CAS, how did you put it on your sim to test it?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 10:55 AM
Looking at this, what comes quickly to mind is that you have only packaged one mesh, LOD0. For hair, you also need LOD1, LOD2 and LOD3 meshes. I know that on the Meshes screen in CTU it says "You only need LOD0 if you are doing Hair or Accessories!" and the way that's worded can be confusing - he means you only need to use the LOD0 slot in addition to LOD1, LOD2 and LOD3 if you're doing hair/accessories, not that you only need LOD0 and no other meshes.

LOD0 and LOD1 are the highest detail meshes, which are used by the game when you're zoomed in close to the sim, LOD 2 is a lower detail mesh which is used when zoomed out a little, and LOD3 is a very low detail mesh used when you're zoomed out very far. And this can vary if you have a low-spec graphics card and/or have your in-game detail settings set to less than maximum detail - in that case, LOD2 and LOD3 will be used when you're much closer to the sim than if you're on maximum detail.

So if you only put in LOD0, your hair can only be visible if you're zoomed right in on the sim as closely as possible (and might not even be visible then either, depending on your graphics - am not sure, have never tried using just LOD0!). Any further back, the sim will be bald, because the other hair meshes are missing. You need to make the LOD1, LOD2 and LOD3 meshes too. Try that, and hopefully that will solve the problem. If not, we'll go on from there!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 1:55 PM Last edited by abd123 : 11th Feb 2012 at 2:10 PM.
Problem solved + new problem
thanks it worked I can see the hat alright ..... but why does the hat go far away and so fast if the person move?

was it a problem in the mesh or within the setting
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 2:35 PM
Yikes! That looks like the hat isn't assigned to a joint, or is assigned to some weird joint that it shouldn't be. Try Select All and assign it all to Head_New (for each LOD mesh), and see if that makes it stay on her head.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 2:50 PM Last edited by abd123 : 11th Feb 2012 at 3:01 PM.
[help] Wrong Fix
PROBLEM HAVEN'T BEEN SOLVED HELP IT MADE IT WORST

any new ideas ?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 4:40 PM
OK, I downloaded your package file from a few posts back and took a look at it.

I extracted the LOD0 mesh file and assigned it 100% to Head_New (the mesh I extracted was assigned to b_Head_ and I don't know what that joint does, but maybe that's part of what your problem was!)

I made LOD1, LOD2 and LOD3 from the fixed LOD0 (luckily that's quick and easy because it's only one joint).

In Milkshape, I noted that in your LOD0, although the Unimesh Bone Tool was showing it as 100% assigned to Head_, when I went to the Joints tab and clicked 'Draw vertices with bone colors', it was showing three different colours. I've had problems with hairs not behaving properly before when the mesh is all assigned to Head_New but the bones are not showing as all one colour, so that may be the other part of what your problem was. I fixed it by selecting all, then choosing Head_New, then clicking the Fix and Assign buttons at the bottom of the screen. The mesh then turned all one colour.

Using CTU, I packed the four new LODs into your package and saved it, tried it in my game and it worked fine, except that you just need to play around with reassigning some of the bottom part of the mesh to Neck and Spine2 in order for it not to clip through the sim's clothing - see clipping details in below pic:

Attached is my 'fixed' version of your file - you might want to extract the meshes I fixed and take a look at them to see what I've done.

Good luck, you're nearly there!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  fixed arabic_policewoman_2_by_abd123.zip (117.6 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
OK, I downloaded your package file from a few posts back and took a look at it.

I extracted the LOD0 mesh file and assigned it 100% to Head_New (the mesh I extracted was assigned to b_Head_ and I don't know what that joint does, but maybe that's part of what your problem was!)

I made LOD1, LOD2 and LOD3 from the fixed LOD0 (luckily that's quick and easy because it's only one joint).

In Milkshape, I noted that in your LOD0, although the Unimesh Bone Tool was showing it as 100% assigned to Head_, when I went to the Joints tab and clicked 'Draw vertices with bone colors', it was showing three different colours. I've had problems with hairs not behaving properly before when the mesh is all assigned to Head_New but the bones are not showing as all one colour, so that may be the other part of what your problem was. I fixed it by selecting all, then choosing Head_New, then clicking the Fix and Assign buttons at the bottom of the screen. The mesh then turned all one colour.

Using CTU, I packed the four new LODs into your package and saved it, tried it in my game and it worked fine, except that you just need to play around with reassigning some of the bottom part of the mesh to Neck and Spine2 in order for it not to clip through the sim's clothing - see clipping details in below pic:

Attached is my 'fixed' version of your file - you might want to extract the meshes I fixed and take a look at them to see what I've done.

Good luck, you're nearly there!

thanks alot for that but do you have a picture to see the problem ? on using milkshape?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:09 PM
With the mesh open in Milkshape, go to the Joints tab and tick "Draw vertices with bone colours". You'll see that your old mesh is in three different colours when you do that, and is therefore using three different bones; Esme's version is only one colour, so it's only using one bone.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:42 PM
This happened to me as well, still i havent figured out how to fix it Im gonna try this..
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#13 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:53 PM
The different colors are because this mesh was done in Blender, and there were different assignments with different weights. Although the Head_new had the majority of the weighting, parts of the mesh were still assigned to other bones.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
The different colors are because this mesh was done in Blender, and there were different assignments with different weights. Although the Head_new had the majority of the weighting, parts of the mesh were still assigned to other bones.

so does this mean the problem is that I need to assign them in avarage weight in blender to fix it ? :D
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#15 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 7:28 PM
Really its just assigning the vertices to that bone, and removing the assignments from the others.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]