Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 9:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Adult in the uni subhood
I have some of @Lamare 's wonderful mods for college, but I think that YA-move-out-of-college just glitched on me.

Tina was on probation and failed, so she grows up right away.
I get the "move now or later" pop-up from this mod and choose later. Tina has time for this and that, and then it was time to head back to the main hood.
But there was no "back to main hood" option on the phone.
Oh oh.

I tried to use the "find my own place" option in the computer, thinking that since she was an adult now she would appear in the usual hoods... but she still appears in the college one.

I guess I could go testing (I have a recent backup so I'm fine with testing) but it's late and I'm tired and I have no idea at all of what to try or test.
I would appreciate some ideas, because I don't have much knowledge about technical issues.

Thank you very much for reading.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 10:45 PM
Have someone she knows in the main hood invite her over and ask her to move in.
Is this the first time you've had someone grow up with that mod in? If so, you might have a conflict or load order issue, in which case you'd want to do a 50/50 in the usual way: take out the downloads, test to see if she can move out, if she can it's a download's problem and you need to quit without saving and test half your downloads at a time till you narrow the problem down. If she can't, then it's some other problem.
If you've moved out successfully before, the problem might be with the lot or with the sim.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 7:00 PM
I'll try someone to as her to move in, I guess I can even work the story around it so her parents take her back after her failure.

This is not the first time someone grow up with that mod in, but it is the first time someone gets kicked out from college with that mod in. Might be an issue there, or might be some problem completely unrelated to the mod itself, I don't know, but I felt like it was a reasonable guess.
I have been using it for a while without problem, and I have actually added other mods afterwads so it might be something else.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 7:23 PM
The only way to be sure is to test.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#5 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 11:33 PM
an alternative to the Move-In social might be to summon the character through some summoning hack then add the character to the household; insimenator can do both.

problem probably relates to the mod's programming. might check if someone made a fix.
just a girl
#6 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 12:24 AM
I can add an idea to run HCDU in case it shows relevant mod conflicts.
In principal, the phone call option to move out to primary 'hood should be available to adults in university, and being kicked out shouldn't be a problem.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2019 at 9:08 PM
Sorry for the late reply!

I had run HCDU before posting, I forgot to mention it - no conflict was found.
(Actually it's pretty much everything I know about troubleshooting, hence the asking for help.)

So. Her parents asked her to move in, she did, and everything works wonderfully again.
I've added several mods lately so I'm quite unsure of what has caused the problem... I tend to believe that TS2 is full of butterflies - beautiful, yeah, but somewhat they end up causing a tornado in the most unexpected places.
I should do a 50/50 test, but I think I'm gonna take my chances and wait and see if it happens again. (Too lazy to be responsible.)

Thank you very much everybody!