Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#451 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 12:43 AM
My room is finished I just have to take the pics. Been really busy the last few days. But it will be up in time.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#452 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 2:12 AM
Adding your entry to the chart, Solventpost. Glad you got it in!

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Space Pony
#453 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 2:19 AM
I'm hoping that I can get my entry in on time. Was going ot work on it today, but crappy life (or end of life) stuff happened today, and I wasn't on my computer at all. I'll try to work on it tomorrow before work.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Field Researcher
#454 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 9:19 AM
I'm fixing things up. I'm always a last day poster though
Interstellar Traveler
#455 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 11:15 AM
Just a heads up, Reya. I've been extremely busy with finals studying and theater rehearsals that I haven't had time to submit my entry. I will really try to get it in before 12, but I can't make any promises. Is it okay if I do submit it late if time runs out, or do you not accept late entries? Either way, I shouldn't have waited so long to do this and probably should have submitted last weekend (I just forget to plan ahead sometimes).

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#456 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 5:22 PM
Default Round 5 entry
I made this bedroom in an eco/modern style

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#457 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 6:56 PM
I'll have an entry in later. I was hoping to have my laptop back by now but things haven't worked out.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#458 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Solventpost
Sorry this is so late, too many doctors appts. Plus court, and just so much going on.

Life has a way of doing that, but your room is lovely! WCIF the large potted plan by the window?
Mad Poster
#459 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 8:10 PM
Gaaah! I've got to start again! I'd JUST finished ready for taking pictures when the game decided to stop responding. I've had to force it to quit. I was just about to save as well.

Space Pony
#460 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 8:45 PM
I'm afraid I won't be able to do this last round. I'm leaving for work soon, and won't get back with enough time to take pictures of the room.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Mad Poster
#461 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 10:24 PM
Right then, here we go. I finally got the room rebuilt.

Budget/Overhead

1. Bedroom from door.

2. View from bedside.

3. Overview.

4. Reading nook.

5. Bathroom from door.

6. Bathroom view two.

7. Bathroom view three.

Test Subject
#462 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 1:27 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#463 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 1:37 AM
Jones, Menaceman, Zoey, your entries are being added to the chart.

To everyone who can't join us, it breaks my heart but I'm so glad you managed to stay with us this long. : ) Thank you so much for trying, and good luck on your misc activities and commitments.

Inconceivable!
#464 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 1:45 AM
I finished it! Yay! I really enjoyed the challenge of the octagonal shape, but I definitely struggled with the decor this time. Master bedrooms are one of the hardest rooms to decorate, imo, as they are so personal.

I used two patterns from sionelle's African Pattern Pack, found here. The room is fully play tested, as per my usual, and it all works.

Scholar
Original Poster
#465 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 1:47 AM
Glad you got your entry in on time, Buckley! Adding your entry to the chart now.

Lab Assistant
#466 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buckley
I finished it! Yay! I really enjoyed the challenge of the octagonal shape, but I definitely struggled with the decor this time. Master bedrooms are one of the hardest rooms to decorate, imo, as they are so personal.

Lovely, just lovely! WCIF the potted plant next to the fireplace?
Field Researcher
#467 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 2:14 AM
Default Round Five Entry
I'm not really cutting it that close... :P

Apparently obviously and I tapped into the same creative wavelength because I went Chinese-inspired for my bedroom/bathroom as well. Cameron from the Casting Call comp came to help test the bedroom for me.

Lab Assistant
#468 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:58 AM Last edited by Laserai : 8th Dec 2012 at 2:08 PM. Reason: Adding Overhead Screenshot - Pre-Authorized By ReyaD
Ready to Deploy
OK, thanks to ReyaD, overhead shot has now been included. I was trying to dial back to my comfort zone which is a lot of earth tones of brown, grey and soft light gold here in there. Also used a lot of dark wood. Bathroom went with a similar setup. That budget turned out to be more of a challenge then I thought forcing me to dial down my bathroom fixtures a bit. I also recently realized I have been subconciously selecting only base game items and did not use a single EP or SP item in all of my submissions until now. I don't know why I handicapped myself like this when the directions for this contest allow it. Oh well, spilled milk and what not. Enjoy!

The New Face of the DAE Firms Is Lasira
Lab Assistant
#469 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 5:04 AM
Whew -- right at the wire. Went for a lake cottage theme.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#470 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 5:37 AM
Lasira: Sorry but after fighting with my computer for several hours trying to capture an overhead shot I decided to try running sims 3 in window mode. My screenshot program was able to capture the shot on the first try. I don't know why I was unable to capture my shot like I have done in the past in full screen but that's how it is.

Yes, it is not part of the original entry but I know its impossible to determine a judging without it so here it is since I didn't want to alter my original posting. If I am getting points reduced for something like this I can't think of any way it could have been avoided. Grr! Computers can act like such a brat sometimes.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#471 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 6:18 AM
Oooh! Buckley! You used some of my patterns. I'm delighted. I always wonder how often people use the stuff I post.
Scholar
Original Poster
#472 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 7:08 AM Last edited by ReyaD : 8th Dec 2012 at 7:39 AM.
Laserai, i'm sorry I wasn't able to respond to your PM earlier. Yoilu have my permission to edit the photo into your original post.

Entries to be added to the chart: Tamlyn, Laserai, Sionelle.

EDIT: And round five is CLOSED! Round 5 scores and the final totals will be up most likely on Monday or so. Our judges have super busy lives but they'll try their best to have final scores and comments up. And then I'll need half a day to make everything look pretty because my computer hates me. : )

Thank you SO much to everyone who joined this competition and kept going through the rounds. Special big thanks to everyone who managed to finish all five rounds. You guys are all amazing and I love you all for making my first contest such a great experience for me. And an extra special big thank you to my amazing judges. You guys put me to shame with how quick and amazing you are.

Lab Assistant
#473 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 2:12 PM
Lasira: Anytime, ReyaD. This is the first MTS contest I have ever participated in and thanks to your superb organization and tactics it won't be my last. Congrats on a successful contest. It was a fun and learning experience for us all.

Mad Poster
#474 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 10:06 PM
Thanks for a wonderful contest, Reya. I look forward to seeing the final results. I only wish I had retained access to my own laptop for the entire 5 rounds.

Field Researcher
#475 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 2:13 PM
I'm sorry, I simply did NOT have the time to jump into this round after all. This is the first time I haven't completed a contest, I'm SO disappointed, but omg this was a fierce battle! And challenging too. Octagonal rooms, really? Whew! LOL

Congrats to Reya for a successful contest, and to the judges for their quick and ready participation, and most importantly to the contestants who made ti all come together in the first place. Huzzah! :D

Page 19 of 20