Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 10:02 AM Last edited by sims2ultralover5 : 11th Apr 2019 at 8:42 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mod for buried treasure *SOLVED*
I'm trying to get my plantsim family to get all of the Bon Voyage Vacation memos. They have all except neither have the option to sleep in a tent. They can "Get In" "Talk" "Woohoo" and "Try for a baby" but no sleep option. Is there a mod to fix this?
Edit: I changed the plantsims to regular sims, had them sleep in the tent, and now I’m going to change them back... I know, a lot of work for one vacation memo. Lol

One other vacation memo I'm trying to get is the find buried treasure. One of the plantsims found it easily in her backyard, but her husband has yet to find one. He just keeps finding mainly bones and rocks and the occasional decorative object and maps. I've tried having him "dig for treasure" numerous times on his lot, and even tried on vacation lots, making no difference. Is there a mod to find buried treasure easier to find/less rare?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 11:52 AM
Plantsims can't sleep in beds, hammocks, or on couches, either. They can't sleep at all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#3 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 12:34 PM
Send your sim to a community lot. I prefer that because they don't have to bother burying the holes since the lot will reset.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 1:04 PM
Location and amount of holes make no difference, you can reuse one hole a hundred times.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 1:08 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
If you want to alter the chances for finding a specific treasure, you can download my mod: http://www.modthesims.info/d/531434...-diggables.html. Just edit the value for the rare item to match the most common one.

Awesome, thank you I will try it! As for plant sims getting the sleep under stars vacation memo, maybe I need to turn them back into a sim to do it and then back into a plantsim.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:13 PM
If you want that memory, that's the only way to do it, I think.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 1:35 AM Last edited by sims2ultralover5 : 6th Apr 2019 at 10:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
If you want to alter the chances for finding a specific treasure, you can download my mod: http://www.modthesims.info/d/531434...-diggables.html. Just edit the value for the rare item to match the most common one.

I have very little knowledge on how to use SimPE to edit things. How do I even open the correct file to edit? Or is it if I download it, that already increases the chance of finding buried treasure?

Edit: I found your tutorial here https://hugelunatic.com/?p=370 but I still don't know how to get to that screen after opening SimPE.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 3:53 PM
Does anyone have a tuitorial for finding and editing the digging mod in SimPE?
Alchemist
#10 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 6:44 AM
@sims2ultralover5, you're going to open HugeLunatic's mod in SimPE and edit that to your liking. If .package files are not associated with SimPE on your computer (and you can set SimPE to open by default when you click on a package file, if you want) then after you open simPE, hit File in the upper left hand corner, then Open, and then navigate to where you extracted the Mod Ur Dig file and click on it to open it. Make sure you are on Plugin View (there are tabs at the bottom of simPE; Plugin View is the first one).

Now in SimPE, there are two window panes to familiarize yourself with, the Resource Tree, on the left and the Resource List on the right. Also, familiarize yourself with the Reset Layout Button. It's a light blue circle with a red x in its right corner. If for any reason you don't see any of the tabs I'm talking about, or if you accidentally close a tab and can't get it back, hit the Reset Layout Button and the view will restore to default. Now, back to the Resource Tree and List. Basically, the Resource List details all the file's resources, or the parts of the mod. The Resource Tree shows types of resources in the mod. If you click on lines in the Resource Tree, it will filter the Resource List to show you just those types. So clicking on BCON will show you just the BCON files, for example. This is useful when there are many parts of a mod, but this one is fairly simple.

HL says in the mod description that, "to change the chance of digging up a particular object, you change the values in the BCON Tuning - Find Object Chances" so that's what you're going to do.

Click on the BCON that says Tuning - Find Object Chances. You should now see the picture from HL's tutorial in the Plugin View. Click the line for the treasure chest and put the chance you want in the Decimal box. As per HL's instructions, the number you choose must be between 0 and 100 and lines 1-5, Treasure Chest to GUID List Object, must add up to 100. So if you're changing the chance to dig up the treasure chest, you will need to edit one or more other lines to make sure the total is still 100. Once done changing, hit "Commit File" in the upper right corner of the Plugin View pane, and then save the file. I would rename it so you know it's been edited and so you can go back to the original if there's any problems. And that's it; congratulations, you just edited a mod.

Pictures attached, too, just in case.
Screenshots

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 5:21 PM Last edited by sims2ultralover5 : 11th Apr 2019 at 5:45 PM.
Thank you so much!! I am so lost when it comes to using SimPE. This is a huge help, since it explains every detail on how to do it. Exactly what I needed! I will give it a try.

Edit: It worked perfectly!! The first time my sim dug for treasure he got the treasure chest. I put treasure chest at 90 and the rest to add up to 100. haha.