Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10051 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 1:43 AM
Does there happen to be a simple and easy way to remove the unused ages (toddler-teen) and the extra greys from a hair that's already in a single package for all 4 colours? I imagine there's a SimPE method, but I've only ever used the Hair Binner to do this sort of thing, and it seems to require 4 separate files. :/

Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I have used The Sim Blender multiple times for Adoptions, works great. I recommend that you use The Sim Blender.

What actually happens when you use it for adoptions? Does it sever any existing family ties and/or wipe any relationships/memories?

Edit:
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
For adoption I use the cat teleporter and sim blender. I only adopt playable babies/toddlers/children from my orphanage.

What actually happens with the cat teleporter when you use it for adoption? Does it sever/wipe family ties/relationships/memories?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10052 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 1:54 AM
I just adopt from the adoption agency vanilla way. Must have done it at least 50 times - no regrets, not once.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10053 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 2:19 AM
I teleport them in, do move in and then set the sims last name to the new family and use it to set family flags. It's not an offical game adoption.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10054 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 3:31 AM Last edited by grammapat : 25th Oct 2017 at 4:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
For adoption? So far I haven't tried any of those options, but I was hoping the blender might have an option to suit my needs for when the situation arises...

I use Blender for lots of things, including adding a Sim to the household; then you have the option to adopt or set family ties. I've been trying to find a way to see PICTURES of adoptables. And ways to access the baby,toddler,or child you WANT (as opposed to the Social Service option of being able to pick the AGE, but then only being offered the last one that went into the pool.
PS and to your other question, the way you retrieve, summon, teleport, spawn the kid is not what wipes memories and family ties. It is those Social Service workers; when a kid is taken they are put in the Adoption Pool, there to have their minds washed clean.
=================
Joeandsarah: so have the kids you adopt been taken by Services? And you have made note of the name of the kid you want so you can summon them? I'm going to open another thread about adoption. Found a mod that actually seems to work for kids that are adopted from the adoption pool (taken by SS), so those nasty social workers don't wipe their memories.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10055 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I've been trying to find a way to see PICTURES of adoptables. And ways to access the baby,toddler,or child you WANT (as opposed to the Social Service option of being able to pick the AGE, but then only being offered the last one that went into the pool.

Wouldn't teleporting the entire sim into the lot be better than just seeing a picture? You can easily clear the extras off again once you've decided which one(s) you want.
Mad Poster
#10056 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 3:47 AM Last edited by grammapat : 25th Oct 2017 at 3:58 AM.
Wouldn't teleporting the entire sim into the lot be better than just seeing a picture? You can easily clear the extras off again once you've decided which one(s) you want.

"..the entire sim" what? So you would summon a bunch of sims..from what, the list of Townies? How would you know who was a child (or any age). And kids taken by Social Services are not Townies, they are in Adoption Pool - a different group. Further confusing, if you "put up for adoption" any age (baby to TEEN), I'm still trying to figure out why sometimes they go to Adoption Pool, and sometimes teens & KIDS become Townies.

Mad Poster
#10057 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 3:55 AM
Well, I just mean...you can teleport the sim to the lot, so you can see the entire sim rather than just a pic of their face??
Mad Poster
#10058 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:06 AM
Well, I just mean...you can teleport the sim to the lot, so you can see the entire sim rather than just a pic of their face??

I think you are assuming I keep track of names of kids taken by Social Services, so I can find them (lots of mod objects to find them). What I have are lots of babies/toddlers/and kids that have been "taken" or have been "given up for adoption". And then I will want an actual relative to find & raise the kid- and would actually PREFER the kidlet didn't loose all memories, or take a new name.

Mad Poster
#10059 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:07 AM
For adoption I use the cat teleporter and sim blender. I only adopt playable babies/toddlers/children from my orphanage.

How does your orphanage work? Where do the kids come from?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10060 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:11 AM
I use Blender for lots of things, including adding a Sim to the household; then you have the option to adopt or set family ties. I've been trying to find a way to see PICTURES of adoptables. And ways to access the baby,toddler,or child you WANT (as opposed to the Social Service option of being able to pick the AGE, but then only being offered the last one that went into the pool.
=================
Joeandsarah: so have the kids you adopt been taken by Services? And you have made note of the name of the kid you want so you can summon them? I'm going to open another thread about adoption. Found a mod that actually seems to work for kids that are adopted from the adoption pool (taken by SS), so those nasty social workers don't wipe their memories.

No because I play an integrated hood I allow the least possible number of NPC's. I don't have an adoption pool or a npc social worker. My playable 'social worker' runs the orphanage. I use a mod to prevent the game ever taking a child unless the situation is very bad. The children in my orphanage I either made especially or are babies not wanted. I have one baby there now whose mother had 3 grown children and was nearly an elder, she secretly went there to have her forth child. I have a romance sim who is pregnant and she will also give her baby to the adoption house.

Sims who want to adopt are invited over and I see how they interact with the child to determine if they will make suitable parents.

There is no wiping of memories but they do not have an actual memory of being adopted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10061 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:17 AM
No because I play an integrated hood I allow the least possible number of NPC's. I don't have an adoption pool or a npc social worker. My playable 'social worker' runs the orphanage. I use a mod to prevent the game ever taking a child unless the situation is very bad. The children in my orphanage I either made especially or are babies not wanted. I have one baby there now whose mother had 3 grown children and was nearly an elder, she secretly went there to have her forth child. I have a romance sim who is pregnant and she will also give her baby to the adoption house.

Sims who want to adopt are invited over and I see how they interact with the child to determine if they will make suitable parents.

There is no wiping of memories but they do not have an actual memory of being adopted.

=
Don't know how hospitals and adoption houses work, but that sounds cool! I've used "no social worker" mod, but ran into problems using "put up for adoption", where kids became townies and could be found, but I couldn't find younger ages (so I could transport them to the house that wanted them).

Mad Poster
#10062 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 5:23 AM
And on the subject of all those handy "objects", trying to REALLY figure out adoption, I am now working with the Blender, the Manipulator, Simlogical Teleporter, and the Spawner, so now a bunch of yards are decorated with a potted tree, a statue, a cat, and a rose bush. Most actions are available on ALL of them, with different degrees of easiness, some of them do stuff I'm afraid to touch..what do people use?

I wrote a bit about my orphanage setup here. Tools in specific:
- Christianlov's Sim Transporter to move Sims to their new families (and presumably bring them to the orphanage if needed).
- InSim to set family relationships (both the Blender and Manipulator can do this as well, it's mostly a matter of preference)
- Sim Manipulator to change the Sims' surname to their adoptive one.
- Memory Manipulator to add memories of adoption.
- Lastly, shift-click the want to manually fulfill it.

Near all of them (except the Transporter, which is on the wall) are stuck on one of those glass shelves (I think came with either AL or BV) in the orphanage's office. Also, since I also use the Orphanage as a stopping point for custom townies, I also have Inge's cat teleporter sitting on the doorstep.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10063 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 5:23 AM
I think you are assuming I keep track of names of kids taken by Social Services, so I can find them (lots of mod objects to find them). What I have are lots of babies/toddlers/and kids that have been "taken" or have been "given up for adoption". And then I will want an actual relative to find & raise the kid- and would actually PREFER the kidlet didn't loose all memories, or take a new name.

That's not exactly what I'm assuming...I'm just assuming that if you want a certain kid from the adoption pool, you could go through and teleport every single kid in the pool to a lot to check which is which that way. I'm also assuming it would be obvious once you had the child if that child was the one you wanted or not. Sorry if that's not helpful? I've never tried to do what you're doing, but I also assume that seeing the actual sim would be at least as good as seeing a picture of their face.

So are the children and their new parents aware that they're family? Do they show as family in the relationship panel? Does talking between the child/adoptive family members fulfill the "talk to a relative" want? Does the adopted child when they grow up have chemistry/romantic options with their adoptive family members?

edit:
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
- Christianlov's Sim Transporter to move Sims to their new families (and presumably bring them to the orphanage if needed).
- InSim to set family relationships (both the Blender and Manipulator can do this as well, it's mostly a matter of preference)
- Sim Manipulator to change the Sims' surname to their adoptive one.
- Memory Manipulator to add memories of adoption.
- Lastly, shift-click the want to manually fulfill it.

Oh wow, this is actually really helpful! But is the Sim Transporter really needed to move the sims between households? Wouldn't any teleporter (including the option on the Blender) work just as well?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10064 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 5:59 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Oct 2017 at 6:10 AM.
You run an adoption house simply as a house. It's a large residential house with a couple and their now 5 kids (had twins than triplets! and all boys!) and any children that have no parents/have been given up I move there. I don't make the children into townies and don't use the games adoption pool, that would create an NPC social worker and I don't want npc's. NPC jobs are played out by my playables except those the game is forced to make such as the mail person.

I simply set family flags on the sim blender and change their last name to that families name. Once flags are set yes they see each other as family.

I use the transport mirror quite a lot, mostly for my sims going to spend time at the hospital (another large residential lot) I moved the mother there and she just had her baby and I also called over the social worker so they had a little chat. I use a mod called 'hand baby to anyone' so she handed her baby over to the SW - my playable SW.

I don't have a picture of the SW holding the baby it seems, here is the one I took at the hospital being fed by the midwife.
Those buyable bottles from MoonlightDragon allow anyone to feed a baby. I will transport the baby over to the orphanage next time I am playing this hood. I've been playing my medieval game lately.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10065 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 8:49 AM
edit:

Oh wow, this is actually really helpful! But is the Sim Transporter really needed to move the sims between households? Wouldn't any teleporter (including the option on the Blender) work just as well?

Yeah, but the Transporter has one advantage - with the Blender or Inge's cat teleporter or whatever, you have to go to the household to teleport and then move them in. The Transporter lets you do it from any household.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10066 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 9:43 AM
Has anyone made a default replacement for the sand terrain in lots? It doesn't look right when you have the realistic sea and pond mod installed.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#10067 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 10:29 AM
@FranH I use these for my supernatural hoods, but would these work (assuming you most likely don't want pink sand)?

They're not exactly lot terrain replacements; they're neighborhood terrain replacements with matching lot terrain paints.
Mad Poster
#10068 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:40 PM
Does there happen to be a simple and easy way to remove the unused ages (toddler-teen) and the extra greys from a hair that's already in a single package for all 4 colours? I imagine there's a SimPE method, but I've only ever used the Hair Binner to do this sort of thing, and it seems to require 4 separate files. :/

The wardrobe wrangler can visually remove unwanted hair categories from the catalog, but it doesn't actually delete the resources so they will still take up space. But if you are okay with that you could use wardrobe wrangler. If you actually want them deleted you could manually delete the resources for the age groups you don't want, in SimPE.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10069 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:51 PM
That's not exactly what I'm assuming...I'm just assuming that if you want a certain kid from the adoption pool, you could go through and teleport every single kid in the pool to a lot to

=
...and HOW would you "teleport every kid in the pool", if you can't see/access/open the "pool"? I guess I am belaboring this..I'll let it go.

Mad Poster
#10070 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:56 PM Last edited by grammapat : 25th Oct 2017 at 5:28 PM.
Default please excuse double post, for clarity
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Yeah, but the Transporter has one advantage - with the Blender or Inge's cat teleporter or whatever, you have to go to the household to teleport and then move them in. The Transporter lets you do it from any household.

OH? Using any of these things, I was in one lot, requesting a sim (that existed ANYWHERE) to come to that lot.
==============
The orphanages or adoption houses talked about here are just houses where people use mods to create the STORY of them being adoptions. A cute idea, but not part of my issue with adoptions, adoption pools vs townee, and finding adoptable kids.

Mad Poster
#10071 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 5:03 PM
Quote:
@FranH I use these for my supernatural hoods, but would these work (assuming you most likely don't want pink sand)?

I found both of those-the pink ones are not exactly my cup of tea, and CuriousB's things have been either moved or made private. You can no longer download from her Dropbox files.

Quote:
" Sorry, that file doesn't live here anymore. It might have been moved or made private. "

However, I did go to her dreamwidth account, where this message was posted last month:
Quote:
" Sorry about the dead links!

I do still have all the files, but I just haven't had a chance to transfer them from DropBox yet.

I'll look into doing so in the next couple of weeks."

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#10072 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 5:14 PM
Oh, I remember reading something about that. She posted the same message on her LJ last September. I'm sorry.
Mad Poster
#10073 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
The wardrobe wrangler can visually remove unwanted hair categories from the catalog, but it doesn't actually delete the resources so they will still take up space. But if you are okay with that you could use wardrobe wrangler. If you actually want them deleted you could manually delete the resources for the age groups you don't want, in SimPE.

I don't think I ever managed to get WW working on my computer. I seem to remember trying and giving up. I tried opening the hair file in SimPE but quickly realized I had no idea what I was looking at. For some reason, editing a plate of cupcakes is much more straightforward than editing a ponytail!

...and HOW would you "teleport every kid in the pool", if you can't see/access/open the "pool"?

I apologize; I thought you said you'd found the adoption pool in the teleporter menus, but I must have misunderstood. I hope you find something that works for you.
Inventor
#10074 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 7:04 PM
editing a plate of cupcakes is much more straightforward than editing a ponytail! .

Somehow, I find this accurate for me in real life too. Cooking/baking comes more naturally than dealing with this abomination of a hair!
Mad Poster
#10075 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
Has anybody ever tried purposely to corrupt a dummy neighborhood for giggles? Maybe experienced some intriguing results before the hood went kablooie?

I'm only referring to methods that corrupt a neighborhood and not the entire game. It'd be like the Windows destruction videos Vinesauce Joel did.

I hope YOU try it; and remember to post your pictures...

Page 403 of 1347