Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:24 PM
Default Infant joints
I think this is where I would ask this,

I noticed yesterday that in Milkshape, the infant's skeleton is not "joined together" like the other ages ... that is, when you rotate a joint (like the shoulder) it moves *only* the vertices that are assigned to that joint and nothing farther down (the arm), because the joints aren't connected.

Is there any way to fix this, either in exporting a body mesh from SimPE or in Mikshape itself?

It would make creating deco babies a lot easier, rather than trying to pose them by selecting and moving vertices.

Check out Picking Up the Pieces
(Chapter 4 PART TWO posted 9/16/12)
~~~~
Quote:
"Jean-Luc, we're only moving six hundred people." ~Admiral Dougherty
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th May 2011 at 10:45 AM
You can certainly adjust the joint hierarchy, although you'd want to do it in a separate object (or else break all the in-game baby animations!).

This isn't exactly what you're after, but there's a tutorial here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=270622
which talks about creating new joints and linking them up. In the case of the baby, you already have the joints, you just want to link them up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:41 AM
Thanks.

I have the problem now that the skeleton appears laying down when I import it. Playing with values in the CRES in SimPE, I found editing the "quaternion" W value and/or the "angle" value of buskel produces results. However, all I could get it to do is stand on its "head." The quaternion value thing can only be -1, 0, or 1, it seems, and when you change that, it automatically changes the angle value, and vice versa. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the word quaternion even means.

Check out Picking Up the Pieces
(Chapter 4 PART TWO posted 9/16/12)
~~~~
Quote:
"Jean-Luc, we're only moving six hundred people." ~Admiral Dougherty
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Site Helper
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:42 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternion

Quaternions are used in computer graphics because they make it really easy to do rotations and they take up far less space than matrices.