Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:43 AM
Default Milkshape Animation: 2 Models is this possible?
Hello everyone!
I would like to know if it was possible to have 2 models in milshape with all their joints/skeleton so i can animated them and do an animation together.

The thing is that i tried so many things like renaming the joints and all of that but then their bone assignments would lost their info and bla blahh....

Is there like another program that would handle this?
but then how can i export the animation and get it in as a .5an file.

Thank yall so much!
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:00 AM
Pretty much... No, not currently possible. You can have as many meshes in Milkshape as you like, but only one of them can have joints and be animated.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Pretty much... No, not currently possible. You can have as many meshes in Milkshape as you like, but only one of them can have joints and be animated.

Thanks for replying!
And geez lol its not so helpful for moviemakers who wish to make better animations lol
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Akihiro
Thanks for replying!
And geez lol its not so helpful for moviemakers who wish to make better animations lol

Yeah. But alas, that's how the game engine works - each animation has to be its own file, and the joint names have to match the joints in the CRES for that object.

You can still have two sims playing custom animations at the same time, you just have to animate each sim individually in Milkshape (like they were talking to themselves in front of a blue-screen)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th May 2011 at 8:14 PM Last edited by grykon : 25th May 2011 at 8:51 PM.

I realize this is a really old topic, but in case anyone is interested you can actually have more then 1 mesh with it's own bones and animations in Milkshape at one time. The process is quite easy but tedious. You have to load the first mesh, rename all of the bones, I have experimented with simply adding L_ before all the names. Once done, you can import the 2nd body that retains the original bone names. (I was using the smd importer with Miche's base mesh)

Not sure about Wes's but I don't see why it wouldn't work unless there is some underlying issues. I've only recently began tinkering with the animation process and was here checking out what others have said when I saw this.

The only down side is, it doesn't work for saving them out. Forgot to say that. But it works great for seeing the animations work together.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 9:03 PM Last edited by ApatiaMax : 28th Jun 2011 at 9:13 PM.

About that i'm going dumb with an animated object, but looks that i'm not able to export the joints so I can't fix it

this thing drive me crazy, I've cloend the basic "Extra Pep Coffeemaker", which have basically 3 blocks:

the base, the drawer and the carafe.

now when I export the mesh, i can't see any bones/joints so i've some damned problem in placing my mesh correctly but what is worst is the fact that
i can't reanimate my object correctly

indeed i need to animate the cover, which in origin was the drawer, which should be opened by rotating on Y-Axis (i think but maybe its X) instad to slide

...so if anyone have some suggestion, help, tutorial, docs is very very welcome !

also, the sim take the carafe with the hand in a too low position so i need to push it up.
and the "load coffee" animation too need to be fixed....
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 10:19 AM
I'm not 100% clear on what you're asking, so I'm mostly guessing at what tutorials might help, but have you tried this one:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=270622
or this one:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=239160
?