Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2008 at 3:21 AM
Pet Animation Template
Alright! The animation base meshes and skeletons for pets are finally HERE! Well, not all of them though. Only for Large Dog and Puppy. For those of you who have been waiting for this, I apologise for the delay. If you're interested in animating other pets I'll be glad to help you along making the base. It's not too hard but extremely time consuming.

If you want to learn more about the creation progress, check out my custom pet animation I made using the Large Dog Animation Template. Click Here
For even more technical details, you can follow my discussion in Wes' AniMesh thread.

Limitations:
I've disabled animations for all ears and tongues as they are not fully functional. But being able to animate most of the whole body is rewarding enough. Ears and tongues will respond in game but may not turn out the way you want them to. You can always enable them by removing the "NoAnim:" line in comments within Milkshape to experiment with them.

If you're new to animation, try out Echo's wonderful variety of animation tutorials first. When you can create animations for human sims, it won't be difficult to apply it to pets.

What you'll need for making your custom pet animation:
1) Either or both the Large Dog and Puppy Animation Template as attached, depending on which you prefer.
2) Milkshape 3D to create the animation.
3) Wes' AniMesh Animation Plugins[/B] for exporting the animation.
4) SimPE for compiling a package.

Some tips from me:
Animating
Animations Over 180 Degrees Angle

Wave Examples (Sit Override):
For your convenience, I've created packages that will override the default sit animation for Large Dog and Puppy as attached. Included as examples are wave animations. See the attached animated pictures of them waving! They turn out to be really cute! To make them wave, just click on any selected large dog or puppy and click sit. To test your own animation, just replace the animation within the override package with your own. Remember NOT to fix TGI for the override to work!

Lastly, I would love to see what you guys come up with. Happy animating! All the best!

Kodiak
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Large Dog Animation Template.zip (118.0 KB, 305 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Pup Animation Template.zip (93.6 KB, 225 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Kodiak-LargeDogWave(SitOverride).zip (3.2 KB, 172 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Kodiak-PupWave(SitOverride).zip (3.2 KB, 157 downloads) - View custom content

YouTube? Check out my channel: AlphaWolfKodi
Interested in Balto? Balto Home

"A bone to a dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London
8 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th May 2008 at 6:57 AM
Brilliant! Thank you for sharing this, hopefully we might see a few more pet animations now! :D
Alchemist
#3 Old 31st May 2008 at 12:28 AM
Mr. Kodiak, thank you.
The community benefits from the sharing of groundbreaking work like you have done.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2008 at 3:25 PM
Ooo... Mr. ? haha... That's something new... It's just that I'm only 19. Not to say that it's inappropriate but I'm not used to being addressed that way. Nevermind.

"The community benefits from the sharing of groundbreaking work like you have done." This comment suits you better! Well said.

Thanks Echo and Wes! Both of you are great!

"A bone to a dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 1:31 PM
Thanks you very much for sharing these Kodiak!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 7:54 AM
You're most welcome! Happy animating, Becky!

Site Helper
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DolphinTrainer2B
I [really] want to make this as a download for all or a pet for my Sims 2 Family, I have the Expansion Pack with: Nightlife, Celebration & Plain Sims 2 But Do I have to have the Sims 2 Pets also? Please Reply back! [...] Oh and I downloaded Milkshape 3D But it says I have to buy it, I don't want too, I just want to make an animated puppy for my Game! How do you do that and can you do that?
DolphinTrainer2B, please do not re-post the exact same post several times in a row. It's not only rude, it's against the rules of the website.

I don't know any of the answers to your questions, but I'm going to try to answer you anyway, since you are obviously desperate.

If you want animals in your neighborhood, you either need to have Pets installed, or you are in the wrong thread. This thread is about creating pets with the Pets EP.

If you want to use Milkshape, then you have to buy it. If you don't think that Milkshape is worth the money, then you'll have to find another free program which does similar things. If you are unwilling to pay for Milkshape, then you can assume that you'll have to work out the steps for all tutorials yourself, since everyone else will be using Milkshape.

I would like to suggest that your best alternative is to buy the Pets EP and Milkshape if you want to create animated puppies for your game.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
DolphinTrainer2B, please do not re-post the exact same post several times in a row. It's not only rude, it's against the rules of the website.

I don't know any of the answers to your questions, but I'm going to try to answer you anyway, since you are obviously desperate.

If you want animals in your neighborhood, you either need to have Pets installed, or you are in the wrong thread. This thread is about creating pets with the Pets EP.

If you want to use Milkshape, then you have to buy it. If you don't think that Milkshape is worth the money, then you'll have to find another free program which does similar things. If you are unwilling to pay for Milkshape, then you can assume that you'll have to work out the steps for all tutorials yourself, since everyone else will be using Milkshape.

I would like to suggest that your best alternative is to buy the Pets EP and Milkshape if you want to create animated puppies for your game.

Ok sorry , again im only 14 and a newbie to all of this, thankfully I got the mesh of the puppy and made it walk and made it brownish/red color. Now I just am finding help to making it interactible in the sims 2 game. If anybody has an answer please let me know and im not intruding I just want to make people happy with a puppy (Withought the sims 2 Pets!) on the Plain or Expansion Packs Sims 2 Game. Thank Youz...
~Mikayla
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th May 2012 at 12:15 AM
Hey there,

I've been trying to export static and animated poses but I am finding a problem with the export of them, how did you set up the animations exporter?

I am having trouble with the import it into SimPE because the dog animation doesn't show up more so at the stage when I am writing the BHAV instructions. The animation will show up as a resource its just SimPE has no idea what to do with it after that.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 8:45 PM
I have an rq can you make a skunk handstand spray animation that would be EPIC!