Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 10:36 AM
I tried to upload my avatar via a url, but it said "Error - cannot find an image at the specified URL. Please make sure that you have entered a valid URL."

I went to www.tinypic.com, and had it successfully host. But when I try to copy and paste it in the url section under "edit avatar" that's the error I get.

Am I missing something here as well?

-gayliciousDKB-
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 8:23 AM
still need help
i've just read this thread and i still need help!!!!!!!
I can' t upload my avatar, it keeps saying
"Error - cannot find an image at the specified URL. Please make sure that you have entered a valid URL."
but i know that i have the correct URL because i went into properties and copied the URL that it had.
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#28 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:42 PM
They're working now.....thanks to the great work the peeps at this site.

-gayliciousDKB-
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 3:03 AM
Forgive me for asking a question that may be answered already somewhere, but I've been searching the forums for a while now and can't find the answer. How do you get an avatar from an image in the game? An avatar that is a sim in the game?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 10:02 PM
Cephise:

Take a screenshot, or use a snapshot of one of your sims ingame.

Read the FAQ on avatars to find out what size it should be.

Open your image in your paint program and adjust and crop it to the right size.

Upload your brand new avatar, following the rest of the directions in the avatar FAQ.

Suzanne
Page 2 of 2