Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter (Updated 5th Sept 2009)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Aug 2009 at 9:33 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:13 PM by Nysha

686 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 421 Feedback Posts, 264 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 27 of 28
Test Subject
#651 Old 13th May 2017 at 7:13 PM
can anyone help me....so i've downloaded everything, its all looking good then BOOM! i'm hit with "there are no sim packs located in folder" - what did i do wrong?

i've tried changing the destination of the folders but nothing is working, it just keeps stating that. Someone please help me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#652 Old 21st May 2017 at 1:18 AM
THANK YOU
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#653 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 4:43 PM
You are priceless! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#654 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DerpyTanuki
UPDATE: First I tried with 12 .sims3pack files and it didn't work. I can't install them with the launcher either, they appear as brown boxes, the install option is greyed out.

Tried it again with 15, added three files more (I could install them with the launcher) and the only ones that are perfectly extracted are those three I added...

You've answered your own question here. Stop & think about it logically. The 12 sims3packs that didn't work with the launcher also didn't work with the extractor, the 3 sims3packs that worked with the extractor also worked with the launcher. Have a clue yet?

Delphy's extractor isn't the problem! The sim3packs files you're trying to convert are bad or corrupted! That's why you can't install them in the launcher & also why the extractor won't work on them either. You need to try downloading new copies of these sims3packs. Take the ones that don't work & delete them, they are messed up & useless.

You don't say whether these nonworking sims3packs are CC or if they're store items.
If they are items from EA's sims3 store, then they will work as long as the files download correctly.
If the sims3packs are CC from another place & won't work no matter how many times you download new copies, then the original file you're downloading from is bad, & you should contact the person who made it if possible.

Delphy's extractor only converts sims3packs to .packages, it can't fix bad sims3packs.

Quote:
I wanted to try this program as a way to be able to install the cc that I normally couldn't with the launcher (it's not the first time that it happened and I don't know why I can't install them)

"I made an omelet with rotten eggs, it tastes disgusting and I don't know why!" PEBMAC
Test Subject
#655 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SydnyeVanessa
I have a big problem so when i installed them they changed the file names into gibberish ! so now half of the sims 3 pack files i converted into package are gibberish name files that i can't delete or see what cc it is or anything how do i fix it to recognize what cc it was or change it back please help this been a problem for almost a year now

Ok first of all, there's a little box that says "rename files" at the bottom of the extractor's interface. If it's enabled (has a check mark in the box), it will automatically rename a package to the same name as the sim3pack it was converted from.

However the renaming feature can only work on sims3packs that only have one package in them. If your sims3pack contains more than one package, the packages will still have "gibberish" names (actually they are not really gibberish, they are based on technical information inside the file). You can look inside packages with s3pe. Follow these installation instructions & when the installer asks you to associate S3PE with .package files, do so. Now S3PE should be the default opener for packages & you should be able to open them just by double clicking on them.
Once you can open a .package with s3pe: Scroll down the list in the left panel with the scroll bar. There's probably lots of weird looking entries in there, but don't worry, look in the "type" listing for entries marked "ICON" or "THUM". These entries are the icon & thumbnail pictures that get displayed in-game or in the launcher. When you find one just click on it & the picture will be displayed in the right panel in s3pe. Once you recognize the CC from it's picture, close S3PE & rename the .package to something sensible.
Now that you've identified & renamed your .package, go kick yourself for being foiled by something so simple for a year.

If S3PE throws up an error message or says it can't open the .package, then that means your .package file is bad. You can try reconverting a new one from the sim3pack, but if keeps coming up with the error each time you make a new .package, then the problem is in the sim3pack & you'll have to try downloading a new copy of the sims3pack.
Lab Assistant
#656 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 9:23 PM
Hi, I'm trying to convert my store items to .package and combine them, but I'm running up to an error. I'm not sure if it is down to bad files. This is the error when I try to open the converted files in Sim3PE.

"This file does not contain the expected package identifier in the header.
This could be because it is a protected package (e.g. a Store item), a Sims3Pack or some other random file.
---
Error message:
Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'."
Test Subject
#657 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simgrassalidale
Hi, I'm trying to convert my store items to .package and combine them, but I'm running up to an error. I'm not sure if it is down to bad files. This is the error when I try to open the converted files in Sim3PE.

"This file does not contain the expected package identifier in the header.
This could be because it is a protected package (e.g. a Store item), a Sims3Pack or some other random file.
---
Error message:
Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'."

I bolded the answer to your problem.

Store items have some sort of copy protection built into them. There is a program that's supposed to remove the copy protections, s3rc, but I haven't used it personally. Try the tutorial on this page http://forum.livingsims.net/showthread.php?tid=294 it has a link to download s3rc.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#658 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 8:27 PM
what a useful tool! thx so much Delphy!
Test Subject
#659 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:06 PM
Default It doesn't work ;___;
So I extracted all of my sims3pack and then I put them in Mods folder, but it doesn't show in game :c but when I download normal .package cc everything is fine. I don't know what to do pls help :c
Test Subject
#660 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kraina.pierogow
So I extracted all of my sims3pack and then I put them in Mods folder, but it doesn't show in game :c but when I download normal .package cc everything is fine. I don't know what to do pls help :c

try putting the converted files in the 'library' folder { documents-electronic arts-sims3-library}
Lab Assistant
#661 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 9:45 PM
Default Subtyping and self identification issue with extracted files...
Hi there, I am having a bizarre issue. So, I download a 3 pack from TSR and I eztract it with this program so that it gives me a package file. Then I put the package file into mods folder. CC shows up in game, but when I put it ON the sim then export the sim, the presence of the items changes the sim type from Sims 3 Package to CAS PART (HAIR) or whatever the item is that I used your program to extract. This happens with hair, make up, clothing etc. The minute it take the item off of the sim then export, the sim returns to identifying as a package file under TYPE.

One question I have is whether theres something else I need to do to make the extracted file not do this? Is this an expected result? Now, if I install that 3 pack through launcher, rather than the extracted package, I can then put it on my sim and export without it changing her subtype. Only the end product after using this program is doing this to my sim, not the original 3 pack itself. I am using a hair from TSR by ADE to do all my testing with this, and I know that is good cc.

is it a problem that my sim TYPE is changed to identify her as a CAS part?

Here is a link to photos of the issue and a conversation I have going with Crinrict https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-...t/false#M228358

I am on Windows 8. I play SIMS 4 on a Surface Pro 4. I love it, runs beautifully.
I miss Sims 3, but not Error Code 12. Good Riddance.
I'm a football mom & play Sims with my little ones. I build, they wreck.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#662 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:27 PM
Just exactly what I was looking for, and while here I d/l'ed about three dozen modding tools! Time to start contributing! I've got some really WILD ideas!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#663 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:29 PM
Oh, yeah... love your mods! You are one of my role models. I am going to take things that you have done, and carry them a stepor two further. The I'll give them back to you!
Test Subject
#664 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:14 AM
Hey, I have a question! I've been having an issue, and if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated! I have recently gotten back into playing TS3, and I was downloading mods for my horses before I wrap it up. But, I saw a world on a website I want called Cottonville (http://raymondequestriancentre.weebly.com/worlds.html). I tried downloading it and expected it to be a sims3pack, but it comes in a .package file. I have no idea how to download it into the game like this. I know it's possible because my own friend uses the world and is the one who recommended me it, but yeah! I've already tried placing it in the InstalledWorld folder, and have placed it under the classic Mods>Packages, but it hasn't been in my game. Any advice would be highly appreciated as I have not found a solution to this after looking for one multiple times. One website told me to download this (I already had it installed), but is this capable of converting .package files into sims3packs? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#665 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gladicanslicemeinhalf
Hey, I have a question! I've been having an issue, and if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated! I have recently gotten back into playing TS3, and I was downloading mods for my horses before I wrap it up. But, I saw a world on a website I want called Cottonville (http://raymondequestriancentre.weebly.com/worlds.html). I tried downloading it and expected it to be a sims3pack, but it comes in a .package file. I have no idea how to download it into the game like this. I know it's possible because my own friend uses the world and is the one who recommended me it, but yeah! I've already tried placing it in the InstalledWorld folder, and have placed it under the classic Mods>Packages, but it hasn't been in my game. Any advice would be highly appreciated as I have not found a solution to this after looking for one multiple times. One website told me to download this (I already had it installed), but is this capable of converting .package files into sims3packs? Thanks!

Hi there! I've just downloaded Pineville from that site and it was a .rar file, which I then uncompressed using 7-Zip and it extracted as the expected .sims3pack file, so I'm not sure how you ended up with a .package file. Perhaps you could try redownloading it again?

If that doesn't work, you can try renaming the file extension from .package to .world so you'd end up with Pineville.world and then install it in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds” (or if you have it through Origin or Steam, the equivalent of this location). More details of this procedure of converting world and lot files can be found here: http://heavensims.tumblr.com/post/8...ot-to-a-library

Good luck!

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#666 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:42 PM
I have a question. If I have lots/sims created by me that contain custom content items that were originally installed as sims3pack file, and I then convert those items to package file and install them correctly into the mods folder, will they still show up on those sims/lots in game as they did before? Or will I have to recreate the lot/sim using the "new version" of the custom content? (I hope that makes sense.)

Follow up question, slightly related. Without this tool, if I upload a lot or sim to be downloaded by others and they contain sims3pack items, the person who downloads my creation would have those items automatically installed through the launcher, and they would appear in game with the lot. If the lot or sim contains package file items, they would have to install those separately first in order for them to show up. Now, if I upload a house containing items that were ORIGINALLY sims3pack (and are downloaded from their source as sims3pack) but that are now converted to package files in my game, will the person who is downloading my sim or lot have to download the custom content first as if they were package files? Or will they still show up in the launcher as normal? Will they too have to download this tool in order to view my lot or sim in game as originally intended?

Sorry if that's very complicated, I hope it all makes sense.
Test Subject
#667 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 8:44 PM
Is it normal for this to create a bunch of random files? I normaly have 728 files in my downloads folder, but with the converter i have around 5K. The files are titled something like 0xfeb22caa562e48298295d5a37dadfd63.package
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#668 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:33 PM
thanks for your programs! I have 1 problem though. I have sims3packs to install in a certain folder but when I click extract it says "No sims3packs found in folder. I dont know what to do
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#669 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 3:11 PM
super útil
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#670 Old 9th May 2019 at 9:13 PM
I can't believe I missed this awesome tool for so long!! Thankfully I discovered it right when I re-installed my game and before I started the tedious task of installing all my cc through the launcher!
Test Subject
#671 Old 21st May 2019 at 6:57 AM
Hi I know Delphy custard checker ( I think that is the name of it.) doesn’t work on windows 10. Does this tool work with windows 10? Thanks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#672 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 10:58 AM
Thanks, this was useful for a small glitch with my Sims3Pack files. Coincidentally, I downloaded it on the 10th anniversary of the update.
Test Subject
#673 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 5:52 PM
Hey, having a problem with this. I successfully converted my sims3pack files to packages, and put them into my mods folder, but now my Sims 4 game won't launch at all - it just closes itself after a couple of seconds. What seems to be the problem?
Test Subject
#674 Old 31st Oct 2019 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattimus
Hey, having a problem with this. I successfully converted my sims3pack files to packages, and put them into my mods folder, but now my Sims 4 game won't launch at all - it just closes itself after a couple of seconds. What seems to be the problem?

Your problem is that you are using a Sims 3 program for the Sims 4. It doesn't work because it is for a different game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#675 Old 7th May 2020 at 4:49 PM
does it work on Mac
Page 27 of 28