Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 8:11 PM
Clone Drone.
I cloned one of my household sims with the "Clone Drone" potion from Supernatural.

I get an identical sim with the same traits and LTR as the original sim.

Okay... I change the gender of the clone, make the relationship "sister" cuz otherwise it creeps me out. I also added her to the household using NRAAS.

All well and good, but it gets into play, and the original male sim's avatar starts looking like his Sister/Clone every once in awhile. There are other strange things, like while his Sister/Clone is working at the Potions bench at home, he can't work at the potion bench at the alchemy store. It's almost as if they're the same instance. Then I reset my original sim, and he... became an invisible sim.

Anyone mess with Clone drone? Seems buggy. I've used it before on NPCs and of course I've never seen this problem.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I cloned one of my household sims with the "Clone Drone" potion from Supernatural.

I get an identical sim with the same traits and LTR as the original sim.

Okay... I change the gender of the clone, make the relationship "sister" cuz otherwise it creeps me out. I also added her to the household using NRAAS.

All well and good, but it gets into play, and the original male sim's avatar starts looking like his Sister/Clone every once in awhile. There are other strange things, like while his Sister/Clone is working at the Potions bench at home, he can't work at the potion bench at the alchemy store. It's almost as if they're the same instance. Then I reset my original sim, and he... became an invisible sim.

Anyone mess with Clone drone? Seems buggy. I've used it before on NPCs and of course I've never seen this problem.

I haven't played around with the potion, but I'll bet that if you look closely at your sim that they are advancing in skills that the clone drone is doing. A drone is a worker, so I'm getting the clone drone is meant for your sim to be able to be in two places at once!

If I am wrong, I am very happy to be corrected. But that's what I'd guess based on the name of the potion.

Thanks, I hate it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 7:26 AM
Other times I've used the potion the clone just disappeared.

My cloned sim went to the future, and her "brother/original sim" seems to have disappeared. His decentdents are never home and he no longer appears in the time almanac.

The clone is leveling up in spell casting and alchemy in the future without her "brother/original" sim, so I can't check to see if the original is getting a skill increase right now

Huh. I was going by Carl's Guide and kinda ignored the "drone" part of "clone drone".

Edit: I'm kinda bitter. I've played this game awhile and everything was going perfect. Now my game is getting all weird and buggy.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 8:33 AM
Interesting case. Reminds me of Harmoiny or whatever she's called, Harry Potter's friend. She was able to attend 2 classes at the same time.

If I remember right she also used it to experience to things at the same time, but the 2 clones could never meet I think it was.
Scholar
#5 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 12:48 PM Last edited by Elynda : 26th Aug 2017 at 1:00 PM.
That reminds me of a story I once read. "Child's Play" by William Tenn. (Not to be confused with the movie of the same name)

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by floopyboo
I haven't played around with the potion, but I'll bet that if you look closely at your sim that they are advancing in skills that the clone drone is doing. A drone is a worker, so I'm getting the clone drone is meant for your sim to be able to be in two places at once!

If I am wrong, I am very happy to be corrected. But that's what I'd guess based on the name of the potion.
That was, in fact, already the purpose of the original Clone Drone charm from TS1: Makin' Magic. Your clone went to work and earned the money while your regular Sim could stay at home for that day.
This all indicates that the clone is indeed a duplicate of a Sim with the same ID, meaning that adding the clone to your household is an extremely bad idea. What Mr. Brown describes also reminds me of the various incidents that can happen when World Adventures bugs up and duplicates your Sims during world transition and doesn't clean up afterwards.

Isn't the Clone Drone elixir's effect supposed to be temporary anyway?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
That was, in fact, already the purpose of the original Clone Drone charm from TS1: Makin' Magic. Your clone went to work and earned the money while your regular Sim could stay at home for that day.
This all indicates that the clone is indeed a duplicate of a Sim with the same ID, meaning that adding the clone to your household is an extremely bad idea. What Mr. Brown describes also reminds me of the various incidents that can happen when World Adventures bugs up and duplicates your Sims during world transition and doesn't clean up afterwards.

Isn't the Clone Drone elixir's effect supposed to be temporary anyway?

Great Scott! That means I've borked my game!

Not only must Joy (sim's clone) must die, she must be erased from History. That means I have to rewind to a prior save before she existed.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
(...) That means I have to rewind to a prior save before she existed.
Yes. This.
When I tried to kill a WA clone I ended up with an active remaining Sim that was treated by the game as dead, too, although visibly still very much alive.