Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2015 at 4:08 PM Last edited by wstella2 : 2nd Jun 2015 at 8:18 PM.
Building/testing a custom world, various strange glitches.
Dear Simmers/CAW'sters/everyone!

After months of building I was finally ready to start testing my custom world in game. It's been six weeks and I've ran into various problems which I don't know how to solve them. I really hope you can help me... I've included screenshots which hopefully gives a better picture than just text.

Flickering screens
On some lots something very strange happens and looks like a pretty serious glitch due to the flickering. Has anyone ever seen or had this before? i've searched but haven't found anything that looks familiar to this. First I thought it had something to do with the steepness of the hill where one lot is located right beneath. But when it also started on another lot, which is leveled (you can see in the screenshots) , that took that possibility out of the question. I've used martina custom terrain paint in CAW, is it possible that this might cause this? Which would be very strange because the mountains and hills are also painted with it.

when it happens it's very brief and sometimes it happens a few times, in the beginning I thought it would make it unplayable, most of the time it doesn't happen. It tends to happen when I zoom in/out or spin around the lot. Almost as if their is a invisible forcefield which I bump into when spinning or zooming I know it sounds crazy And believe me I can cry of the thought that it's unsolvable (all those hours... months of work...) but till then I'll try to just laugh about it.

Then we have the 'no thick snow' glitch...
I'm testing in winterface now and after a while there should be snow on the ground. The ground elevates to the height from where the thick snow should be, I suppose...
The weird thing is that surrounding buildings/hills/mountains are covered in snow...only the rest of my world is minty green. Only some old messages when Seasons came out, a patch was needed to solve the problem. I've included a description on the screenshots 5,6,7, and 8.

And the water looks like a green swamp ... not the most important thing but does anyone know what is causing this? custom terrain paint? I used dirt and custom water paint which doesn't look anyway near the green you can see on the river. Only in winter it looks like this.

When it is all finished I would love to upload it for the people who also think TS4 was far from what they had anticipated, including myself!
But I want to make sure everything works the way it has to so that it's playable without all the glitches/bugs.

Anyone who wants to take a look at this... I'm very gratefull and can use all the help in the world! It's pretty complicated sometimes but most of the time (with a little help) everything works out as it's should be!

Greetings,
Willemijn (from the Netherlands )

CC Background
I have allot of CC and mods (most of the Nraas) which is all managed in CC Magic (what a lifesaver!! ). I only download from here, Nraas, thesimsresource, etc then I test CC first if I think that it might be interfering with other stuff. I could still be CC or a mod but the chance that this is the case is very small... I Think.

Specs
I don't think it's the hardware but just for sure I included some specs.
I played TS3 without any problems most of the time on the higgest settings.
I run TS3 on a iMac with bootcamp windows 7 64 bit.
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8CPUs)
memory: 8192 MB RAM
videocard: AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series 2000 MB
Screenshots
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 7:11 AM
I have no idea about the screen glitch. However, with your bridge check to make sure you don't have the Sim non routing paint where they're walking. I had that issue with my road. The sims would drive for awhile, stop get out walk, then get back in their car and drive. Only in one area. And it was because I painted the Sim non routing paint in the spot that had the problem.