Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 6:26 AM
Default How to cut off excess in Milkshape?
Hey, all,

I am a n00b to meshing, and this question probably gives that away more clearly than the disclaimer does. I'm trying to make a candelabra in Milkshape, which is mostly going very well, except I used an extended primitive for one one of my shapes. It scaled down nicely, for the most part, except when it came to the edge pieces. It's just slightly too big on the side.

I just want to trim off this little bit here. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. /o\

Help, please?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 9:14 AM
Select those two vertex and move them, maybe instead of using the mouse you can use the
move controls on the right specifying how many pixels (?) you want them to move in the "z"
(if I'm right) axis.
EDIT: you can check the exact coordinates of a vertex selecting it and using the "manual
edit" from the vertex menu (I'm counting on my crappy memory, so maybe it's inaccurate).
You can also use that tool/window to change the coordinates, but in my experience that
doesn't work very well.

This way though that "shape" will be smaller than the others, not good if you are looking for
consistency and symmetry.

I had to do something like this for a wooden rake. I just did some math to calculate the right
size to give to each element and taking into consideration the distance between them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 9:41 AM
Thank you! I figured it out about two minutes before I saw your reply. Nudging each pyramid (candle holder) and cylinder (candle) along its Z axis until they were all a little closer together and I had no hanging edges was exactly what I ended up doing.

My mesh is almost done! :DDD Once it is, I get to move on to the fun part: trying to apply Granthes' Multi-Wick script so they have animated flames. Wish me luck.