Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 3:18 PM Last edited by properpanda : 14th Apr 2018 at 4:48 PM.
Default Removing Ingredients Requirements from Custom Recipes
Is removing ingredients & custom ingredient requirements from recipes as simple as going into the warehouse tab in S4S and deleting the <V t="enabled" n="use_ingredients"> … </v> code from the single & large recipe tunings?

For instance, if I open up Leniad's custom lemon cake recipe, can I just find the following code:
<V t="enabled" n="use_ingredients">
<U n="enabled">
<T n="all_ingredients_required">True</T>
<L n="ingredient_list">
<V t="ingredient_by_definition">
<U n="ingredient_by_definition">
<T n="ingredient_ref">22466<!--decimal value_of_gardenFruitGENLemon_01 hexidecimal 0x57C2 from Simulation fullbuild--></T>
<T n="count">1</T>
</U>
</V>
</L>
</U>
</V>

in the Recipe Tunings "Leniad_recipe_Food_Homestyle_LemonCake-Large" and "Leniad_recipe_Food_Homestyle_LemonCake-single", delete it from both, and save? Or is there more to it than that? Thank you!

Edit: I tried it in game, and it SEEMS like it works okay, though the food did disappear on the plate when I tried live-dragging it on the counter after a serving had been taken from it… not sure if that's related to the edits I made, or just a game glitch, however.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 6:13 PM
I think it would be best to change the enabled to disabled and change the <T n="all_ingredients_required">True</T> to False, so it reads like this:

Quote:
<V t="disabled" n="use_ingredients">
<U n="disabled">
<T n="all_ingredients_required">False</T>
<L n="ingredient_list">
<V t="ingredient_by_definition">
<U n="ingredient_by_definition">
<T n="ingredient_ref">22466<!--decimal value_of_gardenFruitGENLemon_01 hexidecimal 0x57C2 from Simulation fullbuild--></T>
<T n="count">8</T>
</U>
</V>
</L>
</U>
</V>

Or you can simply change all_ingredients_required to false that way they're not required but you have the option to use them if desired.

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
SimsVIP Broken/Updated Mod List Keeper - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!