Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 7:14 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 13th Jun 2015 at 6:49 AM.
Default Monthly Theme - June
Thank you for participating in our May monthly theme. It's 1rst of June, so it's time for a new theme - "Maxis Makeover".

June Theme - Maxis Makeover
  • There are some additional rules we need you to follow in order to participate in this month's theme.The reason - there's a thin line between real edits, what's allowed and not, so in order for them to qualify, please follow these simple rules.
  • Edits of existing Maxis houses/neighborhoods;
  • Maxis recolors: anything here is allowed - time to put that brush into action and add some new colors and textures!
  • Edits of Maxis meshes:
  • Making default overrides are welcomed - just make sure you find suitable recolors/meshes for that!
  • CAS and face templates are encouraged as well - make sure you credit all and test well!
  • Re-worked default sims in all games apply here. Townie sims are included here too; Adding new breeds or editing the old ones to make them more realistic apply for games with Pets as well.
  • Fixing, finding lost maxis meshes and making new additions in sets: As we know, the games have lots of single items,that just need to be parts of sets or in worst case - found. So we hope you find the time and dig deep into the games and have fun, while participating in our new theme!
  • Please,when you upload an edit,show what it used to be before(comparison shot),so we can clearly see what has been made-over.

The Rules
  • The usual Creator Guidelines apply to all uploads.
  • Anything goes, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme - see inspirations above
  • Only uploads that are uploaded before the end of June will receive an achievement sticker (this includes 30th) - anything uploaded after that date will not compete. We will look at the date it has been uploaded to the queue, don't worry about waiting times for moderating.
  • Tag your upload with this tag:thememaxis. This way it is much easier to keep track of uploads and we know that you are participating in the monthly theme.

If you have a question about something that is not included in the description above - feel free to ask! If you have other ideas on content that would be in the spirit of this theme, don’t hesitate let us know

Here are the creators and their uploads, who participated in last month's theme. Those who are still in the queue,will be added once they are approved:
May Theme Get Fit!
Ninjababe093 Athletic Wear Recolors FT
lidiqnata*TF Athletic outfits*
lidiqnata*EF Athletic outfits*
MichelleApartment Life Sporty Outfit Recolours
gummiluttLuxurious Gym
MichelleAdult & Elder Female Exercise Outfit Recolours
MichelleFree Time Adult Female Track Dancer Outfit Recolours
MichelleTeen Style Teen Male Tracksuit Recolours
JustpetroWalls for Fit Sims
MichelleTeen Style - Teen Male Tracksuit Recolour
MykuskaThe Gym - FitCurves
AmuraSpagat 1 { Budget Gym } NO CC
tsyokaweChildren at Play
AmuraSpagat 2 { Basic Gym } NO CC
AmuraSpagat 3 { Full Gym } NO CC
fakepeeps7Let's Get Fit!
simmythesimInsta Fit - Insta Weak v2.1!
AmuraSpagat 4 { Luxury Gym } NO CC
KarenLorraineMayfair Gym - No CC
joandsarah77Knight Barracks-Dorm
k2m1tooGet Physical (poses)
randommazemateThe Micro Gym - May Theme
lauratje86Protein Shake Advertisement Posters - Featuring Hall Of Famers!
CatherineTCJDBelladonna Cove's Cratus Gym ~ redesigned and under new management
g1g2horseshoe court /ts3 conversion/
RayanStarFitness Time
AdonisPlutoPegasus Treadmill
HugeLunaticObstacle Course Recolors
DeatherellaFruit Punch Swim Wear
cord11The Rainbow Rec Centre

Those who haven't receive a sticker yet(not in the queue) - post here. If we made a mistake of some sort - comment here,so we can edit it. Happy simming!
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 8:31 AM
So a lot has to have both an extension to the building and added floors or just one or the other? Part of any lot makeover I have done is to try very hard not to change the footprint of the lot to keep an essence of what it was. I did that with the one I uploaded, Brandi's trailer and no one said it was not enough. I take it that is just for this theme and not what I now need to do for lots outside of this theme? Makes me wonder if I should try a recolour, tried it once, didn't look good.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 9:56 AM
Keeping the footprint is fine,but we need additional changes to the lot itself. For instance - adding new levels,garages,additional rooms,expanding lot space with gardens etc.
This however does not mean you cannot build a completely new house to match an existing neighborhood. Building a lot with VeronaVille theme for instance

As for lots outside the theme - everything is permitted as usual - the rules apply for the uploads,parts of the monthly theme only.
About your recolors - see the tutorials center,we have lots of easy steps and don't forget the feedback center for tips

We know there are going to be clarifications,so don't hesitate to ask anything!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 10:46 AM
These themes are great at making me dust off old projects that didn't get finished. Thanks for that This'll be a fun one, I think. Looking forward to see all the maxis recolor people make.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
[*]Edits of existing Maxis houses: must include extensions to the building, added floors, change of roof styles, adding in driveways, refreshing new indoor/outdoor furniture.

How many of these things have to be included? All of them? Just some of them? Would an edit to a Maxis residential lot that turns it into an apartment, changes the roof structure and the wall coverings, alters the floorplan, adds suitable furnishing and changes the landscaping outside (and possibly uses the Lot Expander to either expand or decrease the garden area) be acceptable, or would the actual building need to be extended as well?
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
How many of these things have to be included? All of them? Just some of them? Would an edit to a Maxis residential lot that turns it into an apartment, changes the roof structure and the wall coverings, alters the floorplan, adds suitable furnishing and changes the landscaping outside (and possibly uses the Lot Expander to either expand or decrease the garden area) be acceptable, or would the actual building need to be extended as well?

I think you've mentioned every detail we stated in your description
As i pointed out - edits must include significant changes to the lot - the idea of turning a house into an apartment building itself is significant enough. The things we mentioned could be used as parts or all,just what suits your idea the most.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:41 PM
Just one stupid question - how important is a driveway?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Just one stupid question - how important is a driveway?
It is not that important Add or takeaway to your heart's content!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 2:33 PM
I think you've mentioned every detail we stated in your description
As i pointed out - edits must include significant changes to the lot - the idea of turning a house into an apartment building itself is significant enough. The things we mentioned could be used as parts or all,just what suits your idea the most.

Apart from adding extensions or extra floors (I assume that floors means storeys rather than flooring?)! I was trying to figure out if that was required or not :-)
Instructor
#10 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 2:40 PM
Well... crud... not sure what I can contribute to this theme being primarily a pose-maker and all. What about townie/sim-bin make-overs? Would that count? (And to what extent?)
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
Well... crud... not sure what I can contribute to this theme being primarily a pose-maker and all. What about townie/sim-bin make-overs? Would that count? (And to what extent?)

Since this is the begining of the month - why not give some recoloring a try? If you're a pose maker,that means you have basic object knowledge,so perhaps some time in the tutorials center would help you advance ?

As for the house floors - yes,they mean levels,stories. Usually, making a starter house into a family home may require additional rooms/stories.
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 2:59 PM
Since this is the begining of the month - why not give some recoloring a try? If you're a pose maker,that means you have basic object knowledge,so perhaps some time in the tutorials center would help you advance ?

Not sure what would constitute a "recolor" for TS3?

And was that a "no" to townie make-overs?
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 4:16 PM
No, no, no! This theme...it's too hard to resist! Recolors or default replacements of Maxis content? Isn't that all I know how to do?

Ack. Now part of me is interested in finally redoing my skin defaults again, while a little voice in me is screaming, "NOOOO!"

But I do have a set of default face templates I can upload. Or I can make another set of eyes...

(The skins...they are calling me...)
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 4:41 PM Last edited by lidiqnata : 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:24 AM.
k2m1too
Re-worked default sims in the games could be great additions to the game. Editing sims is really catchy, but done right is fine and can be accepted.
Recolor in the games besides ts3 mean new textures as stated above in the text. Since this applies for all games,some of the terms are used not to specify a game,but instead to group them all together

Tabby
I'm expecting great things from you for this theme,like you said you missed the last,so put those painting skills into action!
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 9:45 PM
Tabby
I'm expecting great things from you for this theme,like you said you missed the last,so put those painting skills into action!

Eek, no pressure, lol. Just kidding. I do have a fancy new monitor and a fancy new tablet now (my Imperfection skins were originally drawn with a mouse on my lousy laptop). So I'll see how overhauling Imperfection goes, since that was made directly from the Maxis skins. It ought to be easier this time, since I have the old CFF thread saved. :3
Mad Poster
#16 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 10:13 PM
QQ here (Quick Question)
About lot make-overs. The one I did for last month - BDC's Cratus Gym - is that changed enough for this theme? (I know I can't use the same build/upload - I mean as a guideline for myself.)
The roof is different, inside decor is changed, bathrooms reconfigured, and the pool area is changed. But the outside "look" of the thing is very much the same. Is that OK?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 10:22 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 1st Jun 2015 at 10:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86

See that is what I do when I do a makeover and was told no. I was told I must extend the building or add floors/stories. But I don't do that, because that is changing the shape of the building which is something I don't like to do, otherwise it bares no resemblance to the original lot.

Exactly Cat. That was what I was trying to ask and my take on the answer is no, we must extend or add on another floor. I don't know what to do. :/ I don't want to upload a makeover that I am personally unhappy with just to get a sticker.

I will take another look at recolouring but if that doesn't work I think I will step out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#18 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 11:23 PM
The Cratus Gym makeover would've been accepted for this round, Cat. We just want it to look substantially different to the original Maxis house/lot

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 12:02 AM
OK - Thanks, Karen
That means you are good to go Jo! You can do a lot makeover exactly the way you like to do them.
No need to venture into unknown territory *whew*
Only problem now (for me) is which one do I remake - I think I've done all the ones I was interested in... hmmm... I'll have to take another look

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 1:28 AM
If you are sure Karen. lidiqnata seemed to be saying we must extend the house or add another level to it.

I was thinking of making over a couple of the smaller bin houses, shrinking the lots to make some nicer starters, although it's probably already been done.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 1:36 AM
I love this theme. :lovestruc I've been working on a project that fits too so maybe this will give me the incentive to finish it.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:34 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 2nd Jun 2015 at 12:17 PM.
Jo - I'm editing the rules above adding more clarifications and as i stated above - (all or some) in Editing existing Maxis lots. See the rules in the post again for more info,because we're really trying to add answers to all of your questions and concerns

The general idea for this theme is to either improve your work or push you little further into the depths of the games,making new things. Since the only thing here is - if you upload to the theme - you get a sticker,we decided to make things more interesting.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 12:34 PM
Thank you! It's not that I can't add a level or extend, it's just something I don't like to do to Maxis made houses, or pre-made sims, I like something of what/who they were to still be there, but hopefully given a glamour makeover.

I might still try my hand at recolouring.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 1:06 PM Last edited by marka93 : 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:27 PM.
@lidiqnata

What about converting recreating Life Stories hood for the Sims 2 base game with just the playable sims cloned with SimPE using only base game/items making it look as close as possible.

This is a ground up recreation of Riley's Story from Life Stories game using only the base game to make.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=556436

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:05 PM
Just wondering - are Sims 4 boots on a Sims 2 bottom clothing mesh allowed?
Page 1 of 2