Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:56 PM Last edited by pacotacoplayer : 16th Jan 2007 at 4:42 AM.
Default Tutorial - Animating Food Start To -Finish- PDF Now Available
The tutorial isn't exactly complete, but I will complete it soon. For now all I have for you is the basics of animating your food in Milkshape and how to texture in milkshape.

Comes in a Microsoft Word Doc. It's very easy to follow and you'll be creating foods in no time! Requirements stated in tutorial.

Have fun

Learn to add custom plates here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=214858x

PDF Version available! Scroll to post #3 and download it. Thanks xanthon! :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Creating Animated food.zip (2.09 MB, 2361 downloads) - View custom content

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Advertisement
#2 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 2:51 PM
Thanks for this paco , this will be great for those simmers out there that want to try there hand at creating food.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 3:32 PM
Nice one!

I took the freedom to convert it to PDF for those who are not able to open .doc.

Attached!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  pacotacoplayer_Creating_Animated_food.rar (834.0 KB, 871 downloads) - View custom content

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 4:36 AM
Aw thanks so much xanathon! You rock :D

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Forum Resident
#5 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 1:10 PM
First, thanks for the tutorial. When do you think you´ll have the tutorial finished?

I have one question: Why can´t I delete or add vertices to the mesh? Is this just for texturing reasons or does the food not work when it doesn´t have the same vertices in all three morph groups?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
bienchen83
#6 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 1:56 PM
I'll answer on paco's behalf unless he also wants to reply because i make foods, if you delete any faces r vertices you can say goodbye to animating your food because Milkshape will pick up that there is a differnt amount of vertices and faces in the one mesh than the other and when u try and export your finished animation out of Milkshape you will get a mismatch error SO DON'T DELETE VERTICES OR FACES, just move the vertices and faces arund and you won't get that error okay

Forum Resident
#7 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 10:14 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I didn´t plan to delete any vertices. I just wanted to know why I shouldn´t. I was just curious.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 2:29 PM
hi, how exactly do you clone an object?
Part-time Hermit
#9 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 2:32 PM
2latinaz, see the Object Creation & Texturing forum and the tutorial forum under that for basics on cloning objects.
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 2:48 PM
thanks ignorantbliss.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
Thanks for the explanation. I didn´t plan to delete any vertices. I just wanted to know why I shouldn´t. I was just curious.

Thanks, Travis, for explaining. But also, if you delete any faces or vertices, you will get Errors in both Milkshape and SimPE.

ptp

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 6:21 AM
I am giving it a go on food creation i have not done it before so far the tutorial is easy to understand how to Meshing & Animating i did the textures and the burnt one i hope i did it right at the bottom off the tutorial do you have to extract the slices of the cake and clone them from the muffin i just made i stuck.because they look the same as the original cake except the textures are the same as my muffin ?
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pasionflower
I am giving it a go on food creation i have not done it before so far the tutorial is easy to understand how to Meshing & Animating i did the textures and the burnt one i hope i did it right at the bottom off the tutorial do you have to extract the slices of the cake and clone them from the muffin i just made i stuck.because they look the same as the original cake except the textures are the same as my muffin ?

I don't exactly understand what you are trying to say, but for a burnt texture just grab a dark brush in photoshop and draw all over your food texture, and then import it into the original cake burnt texture.

Spencer: you can't animate food in Wings 3D because it does not support UniMesh plugins. It is possible, but not possible to make animated food in Wings.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 4:58 AM
ok i found how to change burnt image i did that i register new guilds you do both files it still wont show in the game i don.t no what next i am lost paco
Forum Resident
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 8:25 AM
Spencer, The only way to use the unimesh plugin is through milkshape. Normally, you can animate any object with either the unimesh tool, the mesh tool or smd plugins for (3d's Max (I think it is that program)). But, foods dont use joints to animate them, they use morphmod's. Basically, the "comment" tool in Milkshape is needed. To make it fully work, the program would have to have a comment selection, so you can change the info to match it and also the ability to export and import the GMDC's from a file. So far, I think only a select few programs are able to import GMDC's if not Milkshape alone. So I think you will need Milkshape.
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 4:18 PM Last edited by AbstractSIMmer187 : 3rd Feb 2007 at 10:33 AM.
pasionflower you still got alot more to do you just can't register the GUIDS and think you done but i dnt blame you caude paco didn't finish the tut but i will explain not in extreme detail.

OKay so i'm assuming you added both the textures for your plain food not burnt and the burnt image right?

Okay so you registered your GUIDS, when u where registering your GUIDS you would of registered 2 GUIDS, the food main (usually the bottom one), when u register the main GUID you must tick "Update all MMATS", then you will register the next GUID it usually says "Food - Dish - Menu" or something like that. When u register that GUID you don't need to update MMATS.

Okay now here comes the tricky part, i'm assuming you did what i just said right......

Okay now go to the main GUID "The bottom one not the one that said menu"

Now look at the GUID Number lets say for example the GUID NUmber is

0x002C6D45

Now look in the Resource tab, there is something that says "Behaviour Function" or BHAV, you need to go there now, now i'm hoping you remembered your GUID, now in the Resource list u will see a few names pop up like "Food - Factory - Dish" etc etc, look for the one that says "CT - Factory - Food", okay now on your right you will see something that says "Operands"

OKay there should be some number in already, now go back to your GUID, lets say the GUID is 0x002C6D45 like i said before...

Now we need to reverse our GUID so it should be like this

45 then 6D then 2C

Now in the first top row we will put 45 in the first block then 6D in the second and 2C in the third then fill the 4th block with 00.

Got that say commit then save.

Now go to your registered menu GUID

Now lets say that GUID is 0x002C6D21

Now go back to the bhav area and look in the resource tree for the name "CT - GUID - Menu"

Now as we did before put your GUID in the toop row in reverse and fill the 4th block with a 00.

DONE! for now....

Now in order for your food to show up in-game on the catalog we need to actually go change a few settings so in the resource tab look for "Text List", now in the resource tree click on "[Text Lists]"

Okay now whatever food u cloned the name should still be there like "Fetch Salmon' or "Resume Cooking Salmon"

Now i need you to replace all Maxis names i.e cake,salmon etc etc with your food name like icecream or whatever, so wherever it says the maxis name replace it with yours there is one that just says "Resume Cooking" ignore that one when u done commit file and save.

Now go to catalog description and replace the sentence lets say its

"This is a delicious plate of Salmon, looks tasty"

It normally says that now replace salmon with your food name....

Thats all the help i can offer now....

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 7:28 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 3rd Feb 2007 at 8:18 AM. Reason: Please, don't quote a long post in its entirety
Hello i am up to where you go to bhav factory -food put you guild in reverse
commit file the you do the other one right but there no factory- menu, do you go to fridge -menu in bhav function ? same as i did the other

anyway i like to thankyou very much for this too as i say i am newbie to all this
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 8:46 AM
Pasion seeing that you are a newbie why not try starting off with more simpler things,

HP has made an awesome tut on making walls and floors

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147840

Then u can work your way up by recolouring and then eventually making objects, but if you already know how to make objects then no one is stopping you, go ahead and do it.

Pasion what food did you clone because all foods have the "Factory-menu" thing in the bhav?

Forum Resident
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 9:09 AM
Again, thank you so much for the tutorial. I got my first food in testing now and it works fine (I figured out the last steps alone, as I didn´t see abstractsimers explanation sooner). I just wanted to add that there are some more gmdc which use morph groups. In my package - that was the pork chorp - there were three of them. So it might be best to add to your tutorial that one should try to see how many there are.

I attached some images of the food, if you are interested.
Screenshots
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 10:12 AM
Great job there bienchen83 :D, can't wit to download, i'm assuming you did read my "Make Custom Plate" tut to make those wonderful plates, good job.

Yes indeed there are more morph groups for example with your single food serve, that is your main morph group which you must extract to help animate the food i.e full, half eaten finish, then if you also check your group serve meal you will also notice there are 2 morph modes there aswell.....thanks for bringing that up.

Glad to see you finish make a yummy meal, it look like fish fingers with mash potatoes and a salad or something :D

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=AbstractSIMmer187]Pasion seeing that you are a newbie why not try starting off with more simpler things,

HP has made an awesome tut on making walls and floors

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147840

Then u can work your way up by recolouring and then eventually making objects, but if you already know how to make objects then no one is stopping you, go ahead and do it.

Pasion what food did you clone because all foods have the "Factory-menu" thing in the bhav?[/QUOTE

i follow paco.s tutorial the cake( cached ) in unknown like is say sorry i can,t take a pic what the file look like in SimPE in bhav function
its go this

ct factory- dish-serve
ct menu- get-resume
ct model- update
ct model-set null
ct factory-dish
ct guld-menu
ct menu-fridge
ct factory-food
function -init-menu
function-main
function-init-food
sub-set material by group meal c
there no factory-menu i have the lastist SimPE too 0.60 alpha.
actually i did make a plant but i found in harder the food animating not too bad funny enough if i can,t do i will have to give it up but i thought i give it a go in a way like like to do things that are technically challenging .
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
Again, thank you so much for the tutorial. I got my first food in testing now and it works fine (I figured out the last steps alone, as I didn´t see abstractsimers explanation sooner). I just wanted to add that there are some more gmdc which use morph groups. In my package - that was the pork chorp - there were three of them. So it might be best to add to your tutorial that one should try to see how many there are.

I attached some images of the food, if you are interested.

wow that looks yummy bienchen83 i am still leaning fantastic job
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 10:32 AM
Oh Pasion sorry my bad with all these factorys and menus and all that stuff it just got my brain all twisted up, you must put the GUID Menu where it says "CT - GUID - Menu"

I'll go edit my previous post......

Page 1 of 3