Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#151 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
:lovestruc Love the pics of Rhiannon and Riordan!

I like that you show the dialog boxes in your pictures- you certainly have a lot going on! Great pictures.

I am glad that you like my pictures. I have tried to improve a lot since I first started, eh used the in game camera at first, ackk then switched to the Mac OS Screen-Shot system which is what I am using now. I try to include the dialog boxes if I there is information that I am trying to show.

I had a lot of fun with the Kim Family, and I took a lot of pictures. The large number of pictures is my main reason for doing it in stages. My next Family in the queue is The Curious Family in Strangetown and it has a lot of pictures.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#152 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 4:09 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 15th Oct 2017 at 10:04 AM.
This is the last part in my Kim Family update.

First are some pictures of my Teens doing some Star Gazing, I am hoping that someone gets Abducted.

This is Rhiannon and Eduardo.

This is Tiffany Riley.

This is Tiffany and Rupert.

I frequently have my Sims Garden if there is room on their lot, and Cian Kim likes to Garden.

Oh Joy one of the Teens got themselves Abducted!

In this case it is Rupert Kim.

Robert Kim gets Saved from Death...For now.

Here are the Stats for the Sims in the Kim Household.

Robert Kim, popularity Sim, Gemini.
First LTW: The Law in the Law Career. After the first I gave him the Second LTW: 6 Pets Reach Top Career Level

Neat: 4
Outgoing 7
Active 7
Playful 3
Nice 4

Cynthia Kim wife of Robert Kim, Popularity Sim, Aries.
First LTW: Rock God in the Music Career. After the first I gave her the Second LTW: Education Minister in the Education Career.

Outgoing 7
Active 6
Playful 4
Nice 4

Cian Kim, Son of Cynthia by Dwyer FitzHugh, Popularity Sim, Gemini. LTW: General in the Military Career.

Neat: 3
Outgoing 10
Active 9
Playful 3
Nice 1

Janice Kim, Wife of Cian Kim, came from the Far East. Popularity Sim, Pices. LTW: Rock God in Music Career.

Neat: 8
Outgoing 10
Active 7
Playful 3
Nice 7

Morgan Sharpe, Popularity Sim, Sagittarius.
Grandson of Stephen Tinker, son of Melody and Edwin Sharpe. LTW: Mayor in the Politics Career

Neat: 7
Outgoing 8
Active 9
Playful 10
Nice 4

Keira Sharpe, Popularity Sim, Leo.
Was a Townie, went steady with Morgan and then went to University with him, now married to Morgan Sharpe.
First LTW: The Law in the Law Career, Second LTW: Cult Leader in the Paranormal Career.

Outgoing 10
Active 4
Playful 7
Nice 3

The Teens in the Family.

Eduardo Sharpe, Popularity Sim, Scorpio. LTW: Mayor in Politics Career.
Son of Morgan and Keira Sharpe
Outgoing 9
Active 9
Playful 5
Nice 2

Riordan Kim, Popularity Sim, Aries. LTW: Icon in Show Business. Son of Cian and Janice Kim
Outgoing 10
Active 7
Playful 3
Nice 3

Rhiannon Kim, Popularity Sim, Gemini. LTW: Media Magnet in Journalism Career.
Daughter of Cian and Janice Kim.
Neat: 3
Outgoing 10
Active 9
Playful 3
Nice 1

Rupert Kim, Popularity Sim, Aries. LTW: Cult Leader in Paranormal Career. Son of Robert and Cynthia Kim.
Outgoing 9
Active 7
Playful 3
Nice 4

Tiffany Riley, Popularity Sim, Taurus. LTW: Visionary in Art Career. Was Romance Sim, but changed her to better match her to Riordan Kim. Was a Townie who I moved in to match her up with Riordan.
Neat: 2
Outgoing 8
Active 2
Playful 6
Nice 7

We end with Rhiannon and Tiffany Socializing shortly before they are due to leave for University.

I hope that everyone has enjoyed my update on my Kim Household in Bluewater Village.

Edit: This is a picture of Riordan Kim at University, that I am adding.

Next post will be the Curious Brothers of Strangetown and their somewhat odd household.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
#153 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 5:52 PM
Those were some great shots of Rupert being abducted. I especially like the one where he's looking up at the ship and just realizing what's going to happen.
I like gardening myself, so I'm always happy when I have a Sim who wants to garden. It really helps keep the refrigerator full, too.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#154 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:14 PM

:lovestruc :lovestruc
Aww, love him- what an expression! You got some excellent shots there, @lordtyger9 !

An abduction and a save from death in one update- wow!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#155 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 3:43 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 15th Oct 2017 at 9:51 AM.
Ok this is the next installment on The Curious Family of Strangetown. Like I mentioned earlier It is going to be a number of posts as I have a great many pictures and a number of sims to cover.

This is where I give the details on the Sims that I added to the Curious Family House.

Samantha Curious, Ellen Bratford and Delwyn M. Bratford and Xena O'Donal the Bot {Servo}

First we have Samantha Curious, she is married to Lazlo. I figured that Lazlo would get married unlike his brothers.

Young Samantha Curious, not in her usual outfit though it is a good picture of her.

This is Samantha Curious now that she is an Elder.

Samantha Curious, she is a Pices and a Popularity Sim. Wife of Lazlo, she came from the University.
Her Lifetime Want was to be a Cult Leader in the Paranormal Career, which she has achieved.
Stats:
Neat 1
Outgoing 10
Active 5
Playful 3
Nice 7

Next is Delwyn M. Bratford, I added him because he is a Grandson of Pascal, and the son of Blaise Curious the son of Pascal. His mother is Monica Bratford, one of Blaise's who lives with him and his brother and their other wives.

This is Delwyn's Family Tree.

This is Delwyn M. Bratford. He is an Aries, his LTW is to become a General in the Military, he achieved it, but he got Fired. I had his reroll the same LTW and Now he is working on his LTW to become a General in the Military Again.

Stats:
Neat 8
Outgoing 10
Active 9
Playful 7
Nice 1

This is Ellen Bratford.

Ellen Bratford a wife of Delwyn M. Bratford, her co-wive Zena won't join until later as she is still at University. Ellen is a Taurus and a Romance Sim. Her LTW is to become a Hall of Famer in the Athletic Career.

Stats:
Neat 5
Outgoing 5
Active 5
Playful 8
Nice 4

Finally we have The Servo that I added at least temporarily, Xena O'Donal the Bot who wants a Family.

Xena O'Donal, she is from the O'Nial Household, one of my Founding Alien Families. Xena is a Taurus and a Popularity Sim. She has achieved several LTW, 20 Best Friends, became a Rock God, and whoohoo with 20 different Sims. Her current LTW is Graduate 3 Children from College, and after she achieves this one, she is going to have a LTW of having 6 Grandchildren.

Xena is going to be Adopting a large number of Alien Orphans and that is why she is living with the Curious Family.

Stats:
Neat 5
Outgoing 9
Active 7
Playful 4
Nice 10

That is all for now, you all should expect more in a day or so when I start with the Adopted Aliens.

Link Ninja
#156 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 6:48 PM
Wow, so that's what an alien abduction looks like, haha. I've never had one (my hood doesn't have aliens) but that poor guy looks terrified! Do they always come back or do some stay abducted forever?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#157 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Wow, so that's what an alien abduction looks like, haha. I've never had one (my hood doesn't have aliens) but that poor guy looks terrified! Do they always come back or do some stay abducted forever?

Oh they come back in a few hours sometime in the Morning. I don't know how long as I don't think to time them. As far as I know they always come back, if they don't it would be a serious glitch in the game. I have always had them come back in the Sims 2.

In some future update I will have two more sets of Alien Abductions, both adult males, so we know what happens next with them.
It will be Mickey Dosser and Gruffydd Pfeifer. Mickey is one the premades from the University, but Gruffydd is a son of an Alien although he doesn't look like one.

I have my Sims spend a lot of time Gazing at the Stars in my game. It is Based in Strangetown you see.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#158 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 2:15 PM
Ooh, I didn't know a sim could gain the same LTW twice... good idea to make Delwyn work for it again after his poor performance!

I love your servo! Great pictures, I look forward to reading more.
Field Researcher
#159 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:11 PM
I also didn't know a Sim could have the same LTW more than once. Possibly it's because I don't pay much attention to any LTWs after the first one.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#160 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 1:23 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 16th Oct 2017 at 1:34 PM.
OK this is my next installment on The Curious Family of Strangetown

The first thing of note that I recorded was Ellen having her twins by Delwyn.

Two girls, one green and one not green. Ellen names them Scarlet {the green twin} and Emma {the not green one}.

Earlier Xena started Adopting her Family of Alien Orphans, Starting out with Lisa O'Donal a Teen, but before that she had called the Adoption Agency and made a mistake by not selecting an option on the dialog. So what happens is Xena got a randomly generated Teen ager that was not an Alien so she sent her off by her self, making her a Townie.

However once Xena had adopted Lisa the girl would show up as a Visitor for some reason, and the two girls DID NOT get along.
So for once I had some fighting at one of my houses. This is Emma Amarantha vs Lisa O'Donal.

Meanwhile Vidcund has adopted an Orphan Alien child, a boy named Rhys, so we have Rhys curious in the Family, you can see his picture in the list of Sims of the Household. More on Rhys later.

Next thing you know, Ellen asks Justin Larson FitzHugh out on a Date...after all she is a Romance Sim and I like to make my Sims happy if I can.

Here they are at Club Free in one of the Hot Tubs.

OK this is Delwyn getting saved from Death.

OK this is all for now.

More soon. Most likely the next day. Check back soon.

I hope that everyone is enjoying the Curious Family so far.

Field Researcher
#161 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 4:18 PM
The hot tub pictures were funny with some of the facial expressions! I also like how, with the life and death drama going on in the background, someone is only interested in playing with the dog.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#162 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:36 PM
Oooh, the rejected child came back to take revenge!

Love the pictures @lordtyger9 and I love how you've expanded the Curious lot! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#163 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:46 PM
Ellen is looking for more children, her motives are so good..., maybe a little bit of fun also xD

Love the big household!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#164 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 12:43 PM
@srtv I most always play big households, I just like to do them.

Ellen's Motto Is "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" hmm song reference there.

I do pay attention to my sim's wants and I do try to fullfill their wants if I can, that is how I play. On the other hand Me as the the player most always makes my sims have babies, if they have a want to have them or not. I do have the Family sims have more babies than the others because they really like babies.

Anyway here is another installment of the Life of the Curious Family Of Strangetown.

First we have Xena Adopt another Alien Teen, this time a boy and he is named Llewellyn O'Donal

Then we start out Training the Toddler Twins.

More Training the Twins, Emma and Scarlet

Sometimes I just let Toddlers Play.

Now Samantha Curious is giving birth to her baby and Lazlo is a Father at last.

OK this is all for now, expect more soon in a day or so.

I hope that everyone is enjoying my look at the Curious Family of Strangetown.

Field Researcher
#165 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:22 PM
Training twins is exhausting, both for the Sims and sometimes for me! I always do it, though. I know some people don't bother with the training, but I like to do it. Then I like to have them gain Charisma from the rabbit head any time they're not being trained or sleeping.

Yes, I have been enjoying the story of the Curious family. Thank you for updating.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 12:40 AM
I admired your patience with so many children, sometimes I grew up them only to be more relax playing xD
Forum Resident
#167 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:58 AM
Wow, lots happening since I last peeked at your thread. I'm fascinated by the twins (one green, one not). I've never had that happen in my games.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Link Ninja
#168 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:00 AM
wait so who won in the fight between Emma Amarantha vs Lisa O'Donal?!

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#169 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Wow, lots happening since I last peeked at your thread. I'm fascinated by the twins (one green, one not). I've never had that happen in my games.

Genetics in the Sims is strange I think. Alienism is usually Dominant, but not always so.

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
wait so who won in the fight between Emma Amarantha vs Lisa O'Donal?!

I am sorry, but I am not sure of the answer. I like to think it was Lisa though. I will check Lisa's Memories and let you know though.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#170 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 12:44 PM
We begin this part with the Adopted Son of Vidcund, Rhys Curious who was adopted as a child having a Birthday and becoming a Teen.

Then we have Birthdays for the Twins, Scarlet and Emma.

First Scarlet is having her Birthday.

Then Emma is having her Birthday.

It is hectic at the Curious Family Household, as some of the Sims are Painting, Samantha's Twins age up to toddlers without a Birthday for them.

This is where I leave off. Next time I am going to show you Mina and Monica Curious getting their Toddler Training.

You all should come by soon as I expect that I will be continuing tomorrow.

I hope that everyone is enjoying this look at the Curious Family so far.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#171 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:10 PM
Ooh, lovely pictures! I like the twins Emma and Scarlet- alien skin is only dominant if one parent is homozygous to it- so for example, the Pollination Technicians. If there's a recessive non-alien gene, it's of equal dominance- and Delwyn has one human parent.

I love Rhys Curious- he grew that beard very quickly! I'm enjoying reading about your sims! :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#172 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ooh, lovely pictures! I like the twins Emma and Scarlet- alien skin is only dominant if one parent is homozygous to it- so for example, the Pollination Technicians. If there's a recessive non-alien gene, it's of equal dominance- and Delwyn has one human parent.

I love Rhys Curious- he grew that beard very quickly! I'm enjoying reading about your sims! :lovestruc

@simsample Ahh good explanation on the Genetics. Except for the Aliens that I created in CAS all of them have one human parent. At this point I am starting to match up Aliens in my game to other Aliens in my game, should be interesting.

I don't think I even had him grow it, not that I wouldn't if there had been time, I have a beard myself and lots of my male sims have one too.

@Charmful I looked at Lisa O'Donal's memories and she did win her fight with Emma Amarantha.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#173 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:23 PM
OK this is another part of the look at the Curious Family of Strangetown.

We start with training another set of Twin Toddlers, in this case Mina and Monica Curious.

Even More Toddler Training of Mina and Monica

Doing some Sky gazing, they are the Curious Family after all.

Time for Mina and Monica to have a Birthday.

Mina is first to have hers.

Next up is Monica and she is having her Birthday now.

It is also Time for Pascal, in this case it is his Time of Passing.

OK That is all for now. Come back soon as I will have more come the next day.

I hope that everyone is enjoying.

Link Ninja
#174 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 5:03 PM
Do the two tv's in the same place ever cause confusion if someone is watching two channels at the same time? Is that a set up only the curious family has?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#175 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 6:01 PM
@Charmful Those two TVs are in the Curious house in the basegame- I never was sure why they had two, I think it was meant to imply that they were hyper intelligent and could watch two channels at once, or maybe that they had one set up for surveillance? It would save arguments over which channel to watch, anyway!

Great pictures @lordtyger9 - do you always manage to get your toddlers to walk, talk and potty train before aging up? Do you ever use smart milk with them? I was a bit worried with all of the nocturnal telescope skilling- I felt sure there would be an abduction!

And poor Pascal... RIP old buddy.

Page 7 of 14