Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5676 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:22 PM
I found the pet carrier in buy mode.

There are a ton of decals, rugs. I think EA has an addiction to making them, since they’re basically flat meshes.

I tried to actually find as much buy mode content as possible. It appears to be a bit bare. There are some normal things as well, like a few different litter boxes and a lot of cat condos. There’s even a reskin from Get Together! Lastly, there are curtains that, instead of coming in 3 heights, comes in 3 widths. Everything appears to be for normal sized walls.

The pet themed furniture appears to be kept to the bare minimum - a bed, a dresser, an end table, and a bench.
Screenshots

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#5677 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I found the pet carrier in buy mode.

There are a ton of decals, rugs. I think EA has an addiction to making them, since they’re basically flat meshes.

I tried to actually find as much buy mode content as possible. It appears to be a bit bare. There are some normal things as well, like a few different litter boxes and a lot of cat condos. There’s even a reskin from Get Together! Lastly, there are curtains that, instead of coming in 3 heights, comes in 3 widths. Everything appears to be for normal sized walls.

The pet themed furniture appears to be kept to the bare minimum - a bed, a dresser, an end table, and a bench.

Hm, I think I saw that pet carrier in one of the previous teasers. Though I wonder now if it's really just decoration?
And what is that second item in the second row? A statue thingy?

Btw, absolutely agree with the decals. There are so, so many. I wish there was a filter because pretty often I look for a certain size (e.g. at least 3 spaces wide).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5678 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:56 PM
The statue is filtered with lamps, so I guess it’s a tacky lighthouse lamp lol

Field Researcher
#5679 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 12:42 AM
*****( Now Me attempting to watch the twitch video of these .... "gurus" showing the new Cats and Dogs EP)******

... ..... Wait..... Did that chick just roll out of bed or does she just not own a brush??.......

And Less than 10 min in..... I'm done.

Mad Poster
#5680 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
And Less than 10 min in..... I'm done.

That is more than I can take. I don't watch them as never last more than a few minutes.
Field Researcher
#5681 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
That is more than I can take. I don't watch them as never last more than a few minutes.

You know....I had stopped watching them too... everything they would say was just so ingenuous.

It was just God Awful and Painful to watch. I had stopped playing the game by the time that City EP came out, but I hadn't uninstalled it. I think I was holding out hope that these..."gurus" were going to fix it still. Yeah that all went away when I found out we couldn't build apartments. I uninstalled it after that.

These promotional videos they have been teasing everyone with in regards to the Cats and Dogs EP...I thought... Oh man.... don't F this up too..... Please don't F this up.

They did.

Really wish it would crash and burn along side SimCity (Thanks EA for screwing up one of the best franchises ever).... And now you are doing it with The Sims.
Theorist
#5682 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Map of the new town

https://simsvip.com/2017/10/26/sims...leton-bays-map/

Sorry I'm late on this, I had a busy week but... really... is that only two empty, tiny residential lots I see? FFS I fucking give up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5683 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 9:20 AM
There are three. One has a lot from the bin placed on it.

Forum Resident
#5684 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 9:43 AM
Pets get sick every few days? wtf? Yeah that sounds super appealing because it isn't as if we don't have enough mundane boring af shit to do. They get sick more often than sims do which is just weird because irl humans are always sick and animals like never.
Forum Resident
#5685 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 10:05 AM
More infos and screenshots from buy mode

I'll only link the pictures i found interesting because they showed gameplay items instead of vet stuff or deco items:

So to me it looks like:
- two normal food bowls
- two automatic feeders (though they look like recolors of each other; maybe two more but I'm not sure what the two items after the first two automatic feeders are)
- two pets beds (one round rug, one square rug)
- four litter boxes (one of them with the lasers)
- three toy items (one ball and two things with a stick on it)
- three toy boxes
- four or five cat trees (one or two simple ones, two with a sleeping place, two with some climbing stuff (plus one that is a recolor of the other one ))

This is what I see. More litter boxes than I thought, but I'm still searching for pet beds that aren't literally rugs
Theorist
#5686 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 10:12 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 27th Oct 2017 at 10:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
More infos and screenshots from buy mode

I'll only link the pictures i found interesting because they showed gameplay items instead of vet stuff or deco items:

So to me it looks like:
- two normal food bowls
- two automatic feeders (maybe two more but I'm not sure what the two items after the first two automatic feeders are)
- two pets beds (one round rug, one square rug)
- four litter boxes (one of them with the lasers)
- three toy items (one ball and two things with a stick on it)
- three toy boxes
- four or five cat trees (one or two simple ones, two with a sleeping place, two with some climbing stuff (plus one that is a recolor of the other one ))

This is what I see. More litter boxes than I thought, but I'm still searching for pet beds that aren't literally rugs

thank Christ there are normal litter boxes. I genuinely only expected the stupid laser one when I saw it in the video.
Field Researcher
#5687 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 10:17 AM
Does anyone know if the pet bed rugs can be placed outdoors?
Mad Poster
#5688 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 11:27 AM
Why wouldn't they?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#5689 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 12:42 PM
Golden poop is worth 6006,- how unfortunate for the dog
Field Researcher
#5690 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Why wouldn't they?

If they can, then it REALLY begs the question of why there are no dog houses. (Or, it does, depending on the reasoning behind it.)

Also, has there been any word on how woohoo works yet?
Mad Poster
#5691 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler

Well, you see, when two dogs or two cats REALLY like each other...

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#5692 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 2:29 PM
If they can, then it REALLY begs the question of why there are no dog houses. (Or, it does, depending on the reasoning behind it.)

The question got asked so many times during the stream, but no words about pregnancy or woohoo yet. Guess they'll save some infos for the gameplay stream next week.
Forum Resident
#5693 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:03 PM
If you can't have pets die (er... they die in TS2 btw, I've not yet been traumatised but whatever). Then likely they won't be able to woohoo either. You'll probably have to just adopt a puppy or a kitten (assuming they don't mind showing pets in need of adoption) when you want one. Eventually. I have no idea what you're supposed to do with a pet that can't die of a disease and yet is sick all the time because most likely, in my genius I'd forget that it's been ill the next time I load the lot and it will be several sim days before I remember to do something about it, and since it won't die, I might never do anything about it so...

Man. This is already annoying.
Forum Resident
#5694 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
If you can't have pets die (er... they die in TS2 btw, I've not yet been traumatised but whatever). Then likely they won't be able to woohoo either. You'll probably have to just adopt a puppy or a kitten (assuming they don't mind showing pets in need of adoption) when you want one. Eventually. I have no idea what you're supposed to do with a pet that can't die of a disease and yet is sick all the time because most likely, in my genius I'd forget that it's been ill the next time I load the lot and it will be several sim days before I remember to do something about it, and since it won't die, I might never do anything about it so...

Man. This is already annoying.
Just some clarification here:
Pets can die, but only of old age.
If you don't treat your pets it'll have some consequence (We still don't know what kind of consequence. Maybe they'll run away or get taken away?)
And it was already confirmed that pets get pregnant with a visible pregnancy bump, so some sort of woohoo will happen. The question is now how. Will the pets just walk off the lot or if will they woohoo on one of the rugs and it'll be pixelated or... ?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5695 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 8:05 PM
Immaculate Conception.

Scholar
#5696 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 8:43 PM
About the "can't put down animals in the game because it would be triggering"... Sometimes the internet needs to remember that there are levels of discomfort between all-sunshine-happy and getting traumatized. For me my sims's pets getting ill to the point where I have to decide between executing them and watching them suffer would take a lot from my enjoyment of the game. Been there too often irl, sorry. But I don't need people talking down my preferences as "Oh, the poor special snowflake gets triiiiigered, snicker, snicker". And neither do I need EA to take my hand in this matter. If they included that crap I'd just cheat or find another mod to tailor the gameplay to my liking.
Mad Poster
#5697 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 11:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Immaculate Conception.

I don't know why y'all find this so difficult to figure out! When pets want to mate, they just touch butts- no breeding sheds, no bushes, no censor needed! Completely family-friendly

Theorist
#5698 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 11:46 PM
Mad Poster
#5699 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 12:11 AM
Makes me wonder if, in The Sims 5, Sim couples will sleep in separate beds like it's fucking 1955 and we're in I Love Lucy.

insert signature here
Theorist
#5700 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Makes me wonder if, in The Sims 5, Sim couples will sleep in separate beds like it's fucking 1955 and we're in I Love Lucy.

They might as well already do that with how the centre of the blankets are glued to the goddamn bed the whole time. X.x god I miss TS2
Locked thread
Page 228 of 447