Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
dodgy builder
#951 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
@volvenom
I'd love some 10x25 or 10x30 lots for that.

Yes, long and narrow that might work
Advertisement
Scholar
#952 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Yes I agree, I just think it should be some of it in like a curved lower part of the lowest roof as well ... or something. Just to tie it all together.

I like that house. It's very tropical I think. As well as the dormers, you have a roof from the back pulled into the tower on it's side, and it's not looking right.I would have ditched the chimneys, they look out of place. Perhaps use some cc for those?
I'm also wondering about the chinese looking roof on the tower? I would have used the same style on the lower part of the house, it kind of looks like an accident like this.

That's an excellent idea!

Edit:
Started on tiny homes, all on 10x15 lots:

So far they're only shells and I think I'll do more and upload seperately or in a pack..

They're really cool! Any chance of seeing floorplans when they're done?
The smallest I've ever managed to build in 20x20, although that's largely because I can build a small house but then I need to give it a nice garden to compensate for what it lacks inside.
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#953 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:20 PM
Quote:
They're really cool! Any chance of seeing floorplans when they're done?
The smallest I've ever managed to build in 20x20, although that's largely because I can build a small house but then I need to give it a nice garden to compensate for what it lacks inside.

Yes that's just it. I can't just build anything that unappealing. I guess some people live like that, but that doesn't mean I have to build like it.
Instructor
#954 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:49 AM
I am sorry to interrupt you guys but I cant just stay quiet because OMG - this is such a beautiful house Fergus Mind! I love it

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Top Secret Researcher
#955 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:24 AM
Johnny- love the tiny homes! There was a contest at the officials back in the day, for building on 10 X 10 lots- residential and commercial. I was amazed at what people were able to do. Of course, best not to have a homebody sims or a gardener living there.

Fergus- that house is glorious! After you posted the remake, I was getting @Crowkeeper vibes from the redo, and then Crow herself appears to confirm my feelings.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Forum Resident
#956 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 11:23 PM
HEy Sorry I havent been on for a while was having trouble with my account

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#957 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
HEy Sorry I havent been on for a while was having trouble with my account

Good thing it's over now

The first home of the 10x15 lots is finished.
@Fergus' Mind Floorplan pictures delivered :p

It's a very simple 1 bed, 1½ bath cottage with a decorative fireplace. Deco because of space, I also blocked it off lol.

Screenshots

I come in peace
#958 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 1:58 PM
Very nice floorplan Bravo! Cudos. Too bad you didn't get one extra bedroom in ... and Fergus that little Chinese bottom to the roof looks good I think?
Alchemist
#959 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 2:16 PM
Thanks Volve
I've also changed the floorplan of the pink Victorian I've shown some posts ago. The kitchen is now larger and the Master bedroom has a closet now (Stained glass doors) instead of an en-suite, but there's a bath right next to it.

Master bed.

Family room.
The pantry connecting the Dining room and the kitchen. Just for the sake of it.
Screenshots

I come in peace
#960 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 5:23 AM
Johnny- that yellow Victorian reminds me of the Victorian cottages in Oak Bluffs, which is a town on Martha's Vineyard, which is an island off the coast of Cape Cod in Massachusetts, US.

Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Forum Resident
#961 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:09 PM
Absolutely wonderful you guys. Iv been working a few Gilded Age inspired mansions myself! I'd love to be able to get one of them picked! I'll post pics here shortly

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#962 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 7:43 PM
Here is one of the Gilded Age mansions i have been working on: it is a U-shape French Chateau. The exterior may need some work but I think its looking really good so far
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#963 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crowkeeper
I am sorry to interrupt you guys but I cant just stay quiet because OMG - this is such a beautiful house Fergus Mind! I love it

Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Fergus- that house is glorious! After you posted the remake, I was getting @Crowkeeper vibes from the redo, and then Crow herself appears to confirm my feelings.

Oh gosh, thank you! Now I guess I kind of have an obligation to finish it.
The first home of the 10x15 lots is finished.
@Fergus' Mind Floorplan pictures delivered :p

I've also changed the floorplan of the pink Victorian I've shown some posts ago. The kitchen is now larger and the Master bedroom has a closet now (Stained glass doors) instead of an en-suite, but there's a bath right next to it.
The pantry connecting the Dining room and the kitchen. Just for the sake of it.

They're so pretty! :lovestruc Can I live in the little one while you finish the bigger one and then I'll move into that one once it's complete?
Alchemist
#964 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 2:30 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 5th Jul 2017 at 4:07 PM.
@attuned thank you x2 for the comment and the sweet, little inspiration homes Never knew about Oak Bluffs. Or at least that Oak Bluffs. I feel there are more scattered around the US, but TIL :p

@Fergus' Mind
The bigger Victorian is move in ready, it's the garden which needs to be done now. So if you can live with me plummeting and removing trees and bushes in the yard, you're free to do so.
I'll take the small cottage, gotta live somewhere too.

ETA:
There's so much stuff in the home, my game is laggy. It also already costs 197K. Seems like a realistic and fair price for the home

I come in peace
#965 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 2:28 PM
Then my roman frescos are finished. I made a set of 15 while I was at it, always nice to have some variation. It will hopefully be up on TSR while I'm on vacation. I will upload them on my blog as well tomorrow hopefully. I hope you like them

Screenshots
Alchemist
#966 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 2:29 PM
They look stunning!

I come in peace
#967 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 7:37 PM
Then my roman frescos are finished. I made a set of 15 while I was at it, always nice to have some variation. It will hopefully be up on TSR while I'm on vacation. I will upload them on my blog as well tomorrow hopefully. I hope you like them

They're absolutely gorgeous! I still really like the red one, if I had TS4 I'd be very inclined to build a house just for them!

Meanwhile I've decided to resurrect a creation inspired by the Patout-Broussard House in New Iberia, LA, from all the way back in 2014...
Back then I had trouble with the tower and the basement windows, see posts 371, 376 and 378, now I'm still struggling with the tower and the fact that none of the upstairs rooms were big enough to take a double bed, and so I've had to enlarge the whole house to rectify this, in the process I decided to cease the use of fireplaces with the MoveObjects cheat to remove the chimneys as it causes me more grief than its worth to me and so I also had to find room for the chimneys. Rather than make the house wider I've opted to make it deeper which has worked out nicely, but that tower is still a thorn in my side!

Screenshots
Alchemist
#968 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 8:39 PM
Floating chimneys, never seen that before. I personally like the tower how it is, sometimes TS3 limitations makes me pull my hair. Especially towers.

I come in peace
#969 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:28 PM
Floating chimneys, never seen that before.

The joys of CFE...
I personally like the tower how it is, sometimes TS3 limitations makes me pull my hair. Especially towers.

That doesn't surprise me, I was drawing inspiration from some of your past creations when I was reworking its roof.
Alchemist
#970 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 9:07 PM
Ah well that might explain why I like it
Even before I take and post pics here, I always take an existing part of a chimney and clone it. Then blob it down when it fits, causes some glitching in the texture but it's better than floating ones

I come in peace
#971 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:32 AM
3 Bed, 2 Bath. I'm not sure what I had in mind. Appears Folk-ish Gothic to me It's interior leans towards Folk Victorian.
Screenshots

I come in peace
#972 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 3:16 PM
3 Bed, 2 Bath. I'm not sure what I had in mind. Appears Folk-ish Gothic to me It's interior leans towards Folk Victorian.

It's adorable! I can totally picture tsyokawe loving it and relaxing in a rocking chair on the porch!
With some different windows and a little more ornamentation it could be Carpenter Gothic in style.
Alchemist
#973 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 4:55 PM
I might just keep the windows I have and leave it to be some Hybrid home, since there aren't much/any Gothic items which I'd like to have in the game.

I come in peace
#974 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 12:14 PM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 5th Aug 2017 at 12:26 PM.
Before I'd gotten so distracted by the pagoda roof tool I'd started working on a Storybook/Tudor Revival style house, initially it started out as a small cottage but things very quickly escalated to the behemoth you see now, a big influence on the growth spurt was the desire to have a garage built under the house/terrace and fiddle about with CFE for landscaping. I also want to try and have the back(?) garden orientated to the park next door. And then the influence for the street facing facade was Ostara's house in American Gods.

Forum Resident
#975 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 7:16 PM
Very impressive @Fergus" MInd Love the detail work you have done. I have my courtyard chateau done just give me a little but to post pics. I am impressing my self of how much i have accomplished so far. Also started another castle like manor that would fit nicely into my Gilded Age inspired theme

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 39 of 98