Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1135
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 6851 (Who?), Viewed: 431816 times.
Search this Thread
Old Today, 6:53 AM #6851
Sketching
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I just need more variety in TOs, because a lot of the time my sims end up just generally attracted to everyone. Which I suppose works well for Romance sims, but maybe not so much for everyone else?

Same here. I open my sim's relationship panel and sort them by chemistry, and it's like they're attracted to the whole town!

Adding hobbies and talent badges would definitely bring more variety to the chemistry system. What if you have a lazy sim who maxed out their body skill for a job? The game doesn't distinguish whether the person likes these activities so sometimes it doesn't work out story-wise. There might be some sort of tension when your charisma-loving partner finds out that you're too shy or just fail at talking to baristas... This is where limiting their skills comes in handy but depending on your playstyle, it's only delaying the inevitable.

I tried something once just to see if it'd work - I used Chris Hatch's Turn On Turn Off Adjuster (scared to link, have a link to a link, don't you think) to give sims all of the turn-ons their partner had and set everything they didn't have into turn-offs. It didn't exactly work because it somehow increased their attractiveness.

A more fleshed out chemistry system would be nice. I wonder why some Family sims can be more amorous than Romancers at times though. I wish I was able to play more of them like Tara Kat because I envision certain heads of supernatural races to be the parental figures of their people, but sometimes they keep rolling wants for marriage and children. I want you to be married to your people! (Popularity might've been a better fit but sshh, wishful thinking.) Training and secondary aspirations can help (my Helena is more enamored with her twin sister than her husband ), yet some still make it difficult.

I think this has been mentioned before, but I want a way to separate sexual attraction from romantic attraction and ensure that flirting between two BFFs isn't enough to make them fall in love. Romancemod and Friendzoning help but when the sims are non-controllables on a community lot... The description for woohoo being the ultimate form of love (I forgot the exact wording) between two sims also doesn't always apply. What happened to sacrificing your life for them when Xenomorph attacks or just plain consistency in small acts of love? Sims 4 has it a bit better in this regard since you can have more variety in terms of how it's handled (still not happy about randomly romantically greeting strangers though).

I guess it's wishful thinking to have certain sims gain more aspiration points for hugging their partners than woohoo.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
Last edited by Sketching : Today at 7:14 AM. Reason: grammar check
Old Today, 9:12 AM #6852
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

It depends on the bolts between these friends. If a couple are BFF and have high chemistry and flirt... well yeah outcome will be crush or love. II would suggest making their chemistry low by changing zodiac, sign and or chemistry settings.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 9:38 AM #6853
Sketching
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
It depends on the bolts between these friends. If a couple are BFF and have high chemistry and flirt... well yeah outcome will be crush or love. II would suggest making their chemistry low by changing zodiac, sign and or chemistry settings.

Thank you. I try but sometimes they're too irresistible to each other. I have single-bolters or no chemistry couples who fall in love in the background without ACR.

Good thing it's not that common, but it still happens every now and then. Maybe I use community lots too often.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
Old Today, 10:22 AM #6854
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

That shouldn't happen if no instant love is working. ...or don't you have that? I thought you said you did but reading again maybe it's only romance mod and ACR. If you don't have no instant love try that. It's quite hard for one bolters to fall in love with that in, they would have to do romantic gestures a lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 10:25 AM #6855
Rosawyn
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Good thing it's not that common, but it still happens every now and then. Maybe I use community lots too often.

Since when are they even allowed to do romantic attractions when I'm not controlling them? I don't use ACR, so I was somewhat surprised and a little perplexed when my sims started flirting with each other in the background on community lots or while both were visitors at another playable's lot. I don't remember ever seeing that before a few months back, and I've been playing this game (on and off) since launch. I guess I'd see it sometimes with committed couples, but this was just random sims who apparently decided they couldn't wait for me to decide who they're supposed to be with and just picked someone to go ahead and fall into mutual crush. Or one-sided crush, as in one case that I eventually just removed with the blender, because the non-crushing sim was now married to someone else, and I was like...yeah, just don't.

Section jump: