Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 3:21 PM Last edited by baclibra24 : 6th Jun 2023 at 3:56 PM.
2 Questions for a Sims 4 veteran..
Hi fellow Simmers, two questions for you. Help is appreciated, especially since I'm playing now.

1)Should a water park be labeled as a beach, instead of generic?

2)Can you take parts of a cc pack or are they all together? Like, do the pack item parts become buyable in the store?

THANKS!!!!!

Despite all my rage,I'm still just a rat in a cage..
"Bullet With Butterfly Wings"-Smashing Pumpkins
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 12:03 AM
1) I'd say that if you want Sims to visit your water park, you should probably label it as swimming pool/beach or similair. I've found that the generic lot doesn't push Sims to visit or use stuff on said lot. The generic lot can also be bought by townie Sims.

2)As for the second question, I'm not sure I understand. A lot only contains the CC used. As such it won't include all CC that's part of some CC pack, just the CC used. However there's no way to "buy" CC from some "store". I'm not entirely sure how the Gallery works with modded lots. But if I make a lot, save it to my gallery and then remove that CC, said CC will be missing. The Tray files only contains pointers and references to content, not actual content. I'm also not sure how it works if a piece of CC is referencing another piece of CC for meshes and such. In those cases the CC included may not work as the "master file" is missing. There are ways to analyze what content a lot uses and then include it. Such as the Sims 4 Tray Importer.

That said, lots on the gallery include what packs are used. If you then download it but doesn't have said pack, the content from said pack will be deleted. I don't know how it works with Curseforge integration. Maybe Curseforge CC will be downloaded with a modded lot? I don't know if lots uploaded to the gallery somehow contain CC either.