Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:48 PM
Default Need help with a roof problem (picture inside)
I am having a problem with my roof.

When I add a roof at 1 then at 2 the same piece of roof gets removed. Any idea how to fix that or is it just impossible to have 2 or more roofs over eachother?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:18 PM
This annoys me massivly when building a pagoda tower kind of building, and as far as I can tell there's no fix, sorry Please someone tell me I'm wrong about this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:24 PM
Bummer, seems I will have to work around this problem then. Thanks for the quick answer.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 9:39 PM
Hi, I see your problem... Try this and see if it works. I use it to make roofs of different slopes. Create the first section at the height you want. make the second roof section. Use the mallet to delete the first roof section. Adjust the second roof section to the height you want, hit the back arrow to bring the first piece back.

You can also tinker with the no fade options. I haven't tried these things in this circumstance so I don't know if they'll work for you or not, but hey, it's not working now so why not try it? You only have a little time to lose. :0)
dodgy builder
#5 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:07 PM
This one? I'm wondering if this didn't suffer in a patch or something. Anyways: http://www.thesimsupply.com/showthread.php?tid=157
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 4:54 PM
I kept seeing this when I had the game closed and kept forgetting to check if that old tactic would bypass the problem, so this time around I decided to start the game up again and try it out.
Sadly it does not work. I think it is impossible to have a roof over an existing roof without it automaticly removing the overlapping part of the lower roof. Quite a bummer tbh.

Thanks for the tip though, was worth trying out.
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:04 PM
I found a "fix" for this one:

1. Enter the lot
2. Go to the "roofs" section in build mode
3. Click "Remove all roofs"
4. Then click 'undo"

Note: This has to be done over whenever you reenter the lot. Kind of annoying but well worth it.