Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 7:13 PM
Default Texture Question
I guess that is the best way to put it. I was wondering if it were possible to link an object to a repository texture, but have a different Material definition for it?

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 7:23 PM
You could probably do that by simply putting the texture name into the material definition, without actually following any of the other steps for making a slave object. Then you can delete the unused texture in your file.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 12:31 AM
Thanks, I'll try it. Though I'm not sure how to get the alphas onto the original textures.

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 9:35 AM
Well if your material has "blend" for the alpha setting, the next thing to do is ensure your texture is DXT3 or 5 as they allow an alpha layer. Right-clicking on the texture itself in SimPE shows an option for import alpha. After doing that, I usually export the texture again and then bring it back using the texture right-click menu and Build DXT.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 11:19 PM
No, you misunderstand. I wanted to try and make some sheer drapes for fourposter beds, that would match the maxis bedding and any custom made. I just don't think its feasible, however, unless I included custom made beddings that would also have the alphas....