Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 2:59 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 9:12 PM.
Default Round Robin Challenge
A lot of new challenges have been popping up lately as a lot of people are looking at something new to do with their Sims2 while waiting for Sims3

I got this idea after playing many, various challenges. You might enjoy it.

The idea of round robin is to play only one sim at a time and rotate through the sims one day at a time. (The length of the day doesn't have to be 24 hours. Cut off playing one sim where it is convenient for you, at long as it's sometime during the night; but once cut off, do not return to that sim for a week.)

Create seven sims in CAS (or just create one and then use the tombstone of life and death to spawn the other six for some really unique characters).

*I've never used that cheat before. How do I use it? After moving one sim onto a lot, control-shift-c at the same time to get the cheat box in the upper left corner. Type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" enter and shift-click on the sim. Choose "spawn tombstone of life and death" and then immediately control-shift-c and type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" enter to keep your game from going wacky later when you forget to turn off the cheats. Then click on the tombstone and spawn the gender and age of your choice for each new sim. It will be an action in your sim's queue.

Move the sim(s) to a small lot. (You can use a pre-existing home or build your own.) HOWEVER, you only have $20,000. So if your EPs give you more money for the family, use the familyfunds cheat to reduce their funds.

*I've never used that cheat before. How do I use it? Bring up the cheat window with control-shift-c and type "familyfunds" then a space, then the family's last name and another space, followed by a negative sign and how much you are taking away or by the amount of money you want them to have, without the negative sign. For Example: familyfunds Day 17100 (because the land cost 2900).

IMPORTANT: Do not look at any newly-created sims wants and needs when you move them in. Look only at the stats for the one you will play on Monday.

Rules/Guidelines:

Let the sim get a job, build skills, and make friends, BUT you can only control one sim per day.

Do NOT use CHEATS. ((Game mods such as those available at moreawesomethanyou are okay, but hacked objects that increase motives are NOT!))

Money-making ventures that are available through various EPs are allowed. (You can take a sim downtown to DJ on that sim's day if you want.)

Play for one week, one month, until they age, or until they die. (It is up to you.)

For Example: I created Luna Day to play on Moon Day, Ty Day for Tuesday, Wodin Day for Wednesday, Thor Day for Thursday, Freya Day for Friday, Saturn Day for Saturday, and Sunna Day for Sunday. I thought that I couldn't mess up that way; but because the icons are in alphabetically order down the left, I have sometimes picked the next icon down rather than the next Day of the week. (Next time, I'll give them middle names and put the first names in Alphabetically order.)

I played the Days through one week this way and all are best friends with at least half the others now. Skill points range from five to fourteen. A shower likes to break every day. Sometimes there is no job available to send my controllable sim to on that day. I've restocked the fridge twice already.

I'd really like to see a few pictures, if you'd care to share.

Here's some of mine: (Luna admires Wodin with Thor and Saturn looking on.)

Ty plays red hands with Sunna while Freya watches.

The "We-are-SO-broke house":

"Do you delect body odor?" "I don't know what you are talking about!"

"But then again, I've been known to dance up a sweat."

"I really dig watching two gals dance together..."

"But here's what I think of body odor:"

"What's really lame is sleeping on the couches when there are empty beds!"

If you noticed there are only seven sims because that gives you one for each day of the week. If they happen to have another sim join the family (autonomously), then you are allowed to give that sim five directions a day. IE: get up, go to school, do homework, go to bed, get dressed, etc.

Also, you can mix up the ages if you like and have teens and elders and even children, but you won't be able to tell them to eat, sleep, go to school, or do homework except one day a week.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 5:18 AM
This sounds fun. I am building a new community right now, named after a local community called Grapeville in PA. When I am done, I will use this to help populate my community.

I loved the ten hour challenge. It gave the sims time to make friends. This will get some deep friendships started. I will probably only run it for two weeks, then send them to their own lots.

Question: If you have kids, can an adult, you are playing, offer help for homework, so they can learn to study, or is that cheaty?
Theorist
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 6:19 AM
This actually sounds like a lot of fun! I'm currently in the midst of a few things and don't have time to add anything else right now but will have to keep this in mind.

Unless something very drastic changes, I won't be upgrading to TS3 for some time and I do love adding an occasionally "challenge" family to my game. :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 1:38 PM
The sim you are playing on any given day can do whatever you'd like. It isn't cheating at all for your sim to offer homework help or even encourage the younger one to be neater or something.

I like the surprise of how many skills they have earned (or not) and what their relationships are when I put the sim I was playing to bed and click on the next day's sim. Usually the new sim is about ready for bed too and yellow in three different areas.

I hope you do enjoy the challenge and share a few pictures or just let everyone know how it went.
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:45 PM
This sounds fun =) I'll probably try it after I convince my dad to put my Sims on the desktop since my laptop freezes whenever I play. ;-;
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 2:38 AM
This sounds awesome! I'm going to go play it right now. Simple, fast, and fun. I'll link here when I have it on my blog.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 3:28 PM
I was thinking of doing something like this, except that you had to fulfill as many wants as possible, and the sim with the most aspiration points at the end of the week gets a prize. Maybe that could be an add-on challenge?
And nice thread :D