Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2017 at 9:24 AM Last edited by whoward69 : 17th May 2017 at 9:25 AM.
Default How to raise an existing object (slightly)
I've cloned the acne cream accessory, but when placed on a surface it sinks into it

I'm guessing I need to raise the mesh slightly, but have no idea where to start! Any pointers / hints gratefully received.

(Actually I'd like to angle it such that the open end is fully visible while the flattened end is still on the surface - but that's probably beyond "Object Modification 101".)

TIA

W

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th May 2017 at 11:34 AM
Do check first whether it's just an issue with the surface - if it's cloned from a properly positioned mesh then it should also be properly positioned, you'll feel silly if you modify the mesh only to discover you placed in on a dodgy counter or a hidden OMSP :p

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2017 at 11:48 AM
Happens on all surfaces I've tried (the standard unmodded game counters and tables). No OMSPs used. The tube is only ever used in game as a hand held object (a sim never puts it down, it just vanishes at the end of the standard interaction of applying spot cream).

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th May 2017 at 4:49 PM
Are you wanting to actually edit the mesh? If that's the case you'll need a mesh editing program like Milkshape or Blender. If not, you can usually get away with what you are talking about doing by editing the CRES. Numenor goes into tons of detail in his Resource post, but I find his tutorial on converting a 2tile to a 1tile more practically useful (well, it was when it still had it's pictures...). Basically, you are going to need to increase the Z value just a small amount.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th May 2017 at 6:47 PM Last edited by whoward69 : 16th May 2017 at 12:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Are you wanting to actually edit the mesh?

Not if I don't have to ...

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
If not, you can usually get away with what you are talking about doing by editing the CRES.

Now 3D matrix manipulation I can do!

Thanks for the pointers to the CRES resource.

W

Edit: And now I'll have to retake all the screen shots (again!)