Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 11:10 PM Last edited by Knuckles5577 : 7th Nov 2018 at 6:56 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Black /glitchy male sim bodies (solved)
I've had this error for about 2 days now, and I'm tired of trying to solve it on my own
I've removed alot of skins, custom content, default replacements, and it doesn't help
Whenever I put on a custom skin on my male sims, they look like this:

I don't know what to do, I can't make anymore sims like this.
Please help.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 11:15 PM
This shows how to identify problem files:
Game Help:Game Problemwiki
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 11:15 PM
How did you remove the skins? In the Downloads folder, or with the ingame trash bin? If you accidentally somehow removed default skins ingame, you may have a big problem.

Have you tried removing all downloads to see if the regular default skins come back?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
How did you remove the skins? In the Downloads folder, or with the ingame trash bin? If you accidentally somehow removed default skins ingame, you may have a big problem.

Have you tried removing all downloads to see if the regular default skins come back?

Regular maxis skins are fine now, it just happens with Customs.
I deleted them outside of the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 11:47 PM

Actually, I was wrong
Still happens to maxis skins too
When I changed this guy to fat, it happened.
I'm pretty sure if I deleted all my skins, it would be fine.
But I want some of them and I'm not sure which it is.
And I feel like it'd take forever to figure out which.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 12:45 AM
You only have custom skins in your Downloads folder, right? For example, you didn't place any custom content in the game's Program Files directories that could effect the skin, correct?

If that's the case, maybe BodyShop is still retaining information from some deleted custom contents.

Maybe you could try deleting the following files inside these directories...
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs\

And delete these files...
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\cigen.package
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ContentRegistry.*

And delete these file types...
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\*.cache
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\*.mdmp

Then load up BodyShop and see what the results look like.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
You only have custom skins in your Downloads folder, right? For example, you didn't place any custom content in the game's Program Files directories that could effect the skin, correct?

If that's the case, maybe BodyShop is still retaining information from some deleted custom contents.

Maybe you could try deleting the following files inside these directories...
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs\

And delete these files...
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\cigen.package
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ContentRegistry.*

And delete these file types...
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\*.cache
C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\*.mdmp

Then load up BodyShop and see what the results look like.

Well...
1. I'm playing Origin's sims 2 ultimate collection.
2. there's no cigen.package and hasn't been since I've started playing for 4 days now.
3. I'll try deleting logs and content registry, as I've already tried deleting the rest.
4. Only thing that replaced game files was the scriptorium by numenor.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 2:07 AM
The game should have made a cigen.package under the other cache files after running Body Shop. Doesn't matter if you are on UC or disks.http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ete_Cache_Files

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The game should have made a cigen.package under the other cache files after running Body Shop. Doesn't matter if you are on UC or disks.http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ete_Cache_Files

Probably because I haven't run body shop yet.
Origin's install doesn't create the shortcut, and I haven't felt like creating any of my own cc yet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 4:51 AM
Okay, now I know something is really wrong.
All of the skins I have in game aren't showing up, but they show up here in the body shop...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 11:24 AM
If the problem shows in Bodyshop it's easier to test this way: Move out all your CC and see if the problem stll happens.

It's probably a glitchy outfit or skin that for some reason thinks it's meant to show on all male bodies. I've had a hair that did something similar, and I've seen it happen with outfits too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 12:26 PM
Make a backup and move your Download folder (except no sim loaded, smarter EP check and NPC mods)to your desktop and check the game. if the issue is gone you know it's some download. The best way to find problem downloads is either A) do a 50/50 with the folder you know it's in or if you have no idea what folder it's in, a 50/50 search with the entire Download folder. try half at a time, put aside good sections until you isolate the file.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 2:52 PM
That top looks very strange. It looks like when I accidentally unchecked every box in Wardrobe Wrangler on an outfit and the outfit didn't know what category to show up under, so it showed up everywhere. Rechecking the right box fixed it. Have you altered anything in WW recently?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That top looks very strange. It looks like when I accidentally unchecked every box in Wardrobe Wrangler on an outfit and the outfit didn't know what category to show up under, so it showed up everywhere. Rechecking the right box fixed it. Have you altered anything in WW recently?

nO, but I did try to recategorize my cc clothes with simpe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Make a backup and move your Download folder (except no sim loaded, smarter EP check and NPC mods)to your desktop and check the game. if the issue is gone you know it's some download. The best way to find problem downloads is either A) do a 50/50 with the folder you know it's in or if you have no idea what folder it's in, a 50/50 search with the entire Download folder. try half at a time, put aside good sections until you isolate the file.

My stuff is sorted, so I could like, just take all of my cas/sim related cc out and see what happens.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:17 PM
^ Try that, yes. And let us know if the problem is still there after trying.

If you've tried recategorizing stuff with SimPE there's a possiblilty you put the wrong numbers in the wrong spot, so I'd assume one of the recategorized outfits is doing this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:58 PM
^ Try that, yes. And let us know if the problem is still there after trying.

If you've tried recategorizing stuff with SimPE there's a possiblilty you put the wrong numbers in the wrong spot, so I'd assume one of the recategorized outfits is doing this.

I didn't use "numbers", I used "Set category" option.
CC can be annoying, but I wouldn't play without it because I can't make the sims I want.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 6:08 PM
Actually, nevermind
That seems to have fixed it
But some of my cc are still there, I guess from sims 2 packs Installed?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 6:09 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 6:10 PM
Yes, the skin issue is gone.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#21 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 7:33 PM
Probably one of the outfits, then. You can do a 50/50 search of the clothes to figure out which one caused the issue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 9:31 PM
I'm going to put some stuff back in slowly
I'll start with hair and accessories, and see what happens from there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 12:57 AM Last edited by Knuckles5577 : 7th Nov 2018 at 1:15 AM.
Update
Upon putting some of my cc back, without my skins folder, I notice some of my skins appeared back.
Meaning that I had duplicates of skins in one of my other folders.
However, I'm not noticing an issue with these skins.
Could just be that I had duplicates of skins.
That's just an observation at this point, I'll figure the rest out with more testing.
After this, I think I'll be more careful with skins (or if it's outfits, outfits) I download.
I'll also be more careful with SimPE as well.
God, this was such a pain in the rear.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 1:19 AM
Most likely it's a piece of borked adult male clothing, since it only affects the body.

If you're unsure whether you already have a piece of CC in your Downloads folder, the easiest way is to copy the filename of the file you want to add in, and paste it into the search bar at the top right of the folder (make sure you're in the "...\The Sims 2\Downloads" directory), and hit enter. If the file is already there, you'll find it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 2:58 AM
The best way at this point is a 50/50 with all suspected folders. Meaning move out all the folders that are not Body Shop files. Then with BS files, test half-if it is good put it to one side, if it is bad half it and try each half. Good sides put with the good, bad sides half and test. If you do this down to two files you will find the culprit- no guessing. It will only take a day of dedicated testing to find it. Which is a PITB for sure, but most of us have done it once-twice or more.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2