Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 7:59 PM Last edited by LyleSnake : 4th Nov 2018 at 2:34 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims not recognized as people, not able to get pregnant [resolved]
Of all the weird errors I've ever had in my game, this is one of the most concerning ones. When my sims try for baby, no matter who the active sim is, I get an error that says "object not recognized as person."

And then when I hit "reset," the sims teleport out of bed, the bed is shaped as though they're still in it, and the wood goes to this recolor I've never seen before.

I have scoured the web, but haven't found anyone who's had this issue. I've exited the lot and entered it again. I've changed their bed. I don't know what could be causing this issue. Any help is much appreciated!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:19 PM
Whatever this is, it seems to be affecting my whole 'hood.... I went to another couple's house (one that has just had a newborn a couple days ago), and when they tried for baby, the same error message appeared:

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:27 PM
My guess would be a mod conflict.
If it happens only with double beds (and not bubble baths/other woohoo locations), it could possibly also be a GUID conflict, though that's less likely.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:27 PM
I have attached the log from running HoodChecker to this post in case anyone is interested.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  11.3.2018.rar (569 Bytes, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:36 PM
might check with the other WooHoo objects.
and the log file mentioned in the error message might give an idea on the cause.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:37 PM
I had them try for baby in a closet, but the same error popped up. I also removed my most recent mods, and that didn't seem to help anything.

Edit: I used the Tombstone of Life and Death to force pregnancy in May, and it worked. She is pregnant. Maybe that's a clue?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:40 PM
Here's C:\Users\Lyle\Documents\EA Games\The Simsâ„¢ 2 Double Deluxe\Logs\ObjectError_N004_t163258

I have no idea how to interpret this on my own.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N004_t163258.rar (13.2 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:47 PM
@Chris Hatch is a whiz at decoding these logs.

The bed texture thing always happens if you have sims reset when using it- just use the design tool and it will be fine. @LyleSnake Not sure why a Portal - Pedestrian is being referenced in your log. :o
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 11:14 PM
You have some mod relating to try for baby that is broken. Taking pictures of the popup doesn't help, we have to know what mods you are using and we need the full error log. The popup says where the error log is.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 11:31 PM
Have you made a backup? Pulled all CC (except no sim loaded, smarter EP check and NPC's) to desktop and tried it? Pretty sure- 98% this will be the fault of a mod and you will need to hunt it down. 50/50 search is always best although you can cut that back by simply trying your mod folder by itself if your cc is well organized. Also have you run the HCDU?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 11:53 PM
@kestrellyn OP did attach error log in post #7.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:51 AM
Oh, I see. In that case, you should put this file in your downloads, run HCDU, and report what conflicts with it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  test.zip (404 Bytes, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 1:12 AM
I will do those things. One question: what is HCDU?

Edit: I think you mean the sims 2 hack conflict detector? Probably. I downloaded it and ran it and it found no conflicts.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 1:38 AM
I had my sim try for baby again, and it worked. I have no clue what the issue was or what I did to resolve it. Well, thanks for your help everyone!

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims