Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 6:01 PM Last edited by Reiri : 30th Oct 2018 at 7:32 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Common Glitch Fixes?
I have a few common glitches that happen with my game often and I need to know how to fix them.
Things such as the motive bar filling too quickly (my kids and sims sleep for like two hours and then they are rested)
Things rotting too quickly, such as baby bottles, birthday cakes, diapers, etc. After an hour or so they have flies and stench
Animation glitching, I put one of my kids out to play in the snow and I occasionally see the snowfall animation (from throwing snow) around them

I reset the kids and moved the entire family out into a new home and the motive bar and rotting issue are still happening! Along with other problems, such as the school bus and the maid not showing up.
Help please
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reiri
Things rotting too quickly, such as baby bottles, birthday cakes, diapers, etc. After an hour or so they have flies and stench

I'm unsure of the other issues you're having but I know for certain that the food in The Sims 2 spoils very quickly. Food left out for longer than an hour or maybe less gets spoiled. There's a Mod that lengthens the time it takes for food to spoil. 12 Hours version and a 24 Hours version - if you have OFB, download the OFB version.

Click "Show Spoiler" for the link to the Mod. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 8:17 PM
I've never seen any food in Sims 2 spoil in an hour. Maybe 5 hours, but not just one.
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I've never seen any food in Sims 2 spoil in an hour. Maybe 5 hours, but not just one.

The food in my game used to spoil in around an hour, sometimes two if left out and not put away as leftovers.
Unless I forgot because I've had the Mod in my game for a while, in which case, sorry @Reiri - I may have gotten it wrong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I'm unsure of the other issues you're having but I know for certain that the food in The Sims 2 spoils very quickly. Food left out for longer than an hour or maybe less gets spoiled. There's a Mod that lengthens the time it takes for food to spoil. 12 Hours version and a 24 Hours version - if you have OFB, download the OFB version.

Click "Show Spoiler" for the link to the Mod. :lovestruc

Thanks but I have that mod in my game so something else is wrong if it's spoiling after an hour or two.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:21 PM
If the motive bar files quickly that sounds like a bed with a very high energy rating -is this maxis or a CC bed?

Baby bottles have always gone bad quickly, this is not a glitch. They need to be placed into someone's inventory if you want to keep them around.

Birthday cake should keep a while.

Nappies/Diapers? Are by default stinky when removed. I am unsure what you mean. if you mean you change it and it's stinky an hour later, something is wrong there. Are you changing it or just by bathing? Bathing does not remove the sticky nappy (crazy I know) there is a mod that fixes that issue here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=601010

Toddlers with either sand/snow/pet food attached has been a thing forever. I don't know a fix although, hope someone does.

Moving your families probably won't solve any of these issues. They sound like normal game or mod problems.

The school bus and maid not showing up sound more like you have a mod issue. Make a full backup of your whole game.
Run the HCDU if you can. See what that brings up.
Move your download folder to the desktop. Try playing a family to see if bus and maid arrive. You may like to do this in a testing hood/game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 3:26 AM
I think I did something, I went to the 'force errors' on the batbox and it gave me a hundred different error messages and I went through all of them and reset them.
I came back to that family later and aged up the kids to teens and the bus came immediately the next morning. Called the maid again and he started coming regularly. It also fixed another error I was having where the father would freeze up if I sent him to bed while the mother was already sleeping. So it was dumb glitching and everything just needed to be reset I guess!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reiri
So it was dumb glitching and everything just needed to be reset I guess!

Sometimes that's just what it needs! I'm glad you got it working again!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 5:48 AM
Still sounds like something is going on, either with mods or some kind of corruption. All things need resetting is not normal. You might want to run Hood Checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 7:27 PM
Will do, thanks for all of the suggestions.