Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#11426 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 7:48 AM
Ever watched a ghost and a human play tag together? It's weird.. the ghost floats around all slow like, the human 'chasing them' runs ahead to where they're about to be, the ghost stops, and stands, out of breath, because apparently ghosts get out of breath from floating around slowly despite being dead and can be tagged despite being intangible.. Ha, I didn't know this until today.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#11427 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 8:17 PM

Wow, what a fascinating career!
Field Researcher
#11428 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 5:24 PM
Today I learned that in University, it doesn't matter what you do during your Tuesday and Thursday lecture or class activity. Read a book, play on the computer, learn other skills, eat breakfast, talk on the phone- it doesn't matter. As long as you are there in the right area (and don't pick "sleep through lecture"), your academic performance goes up.
Theorist
#11429 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Today I learned that in University, it doesn't matter what you do during your Tuesday and Thursday lecture or class activity. Read a book, play on the computer, learn other skills, eat breakfast, talk on the phone- it doesn't matter. As long as you are there in the right area (and don't pick "sleep through lecture"), your academic performance goes up.

This is helpful. I have a Sim who is a C student but there is no reason for him to be. He does his studying, works on skills, meets people, sucks up to profs...no matter what he fails one exam and gets a C. Any tips on making a student do better without "cheats" would be appreciated. My guy is an overachiever and still scraping the bottom.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#11430 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala

So the well-orchestrated synchronized orgies (animated woohoo mod, more information than required here I am sure) in the back of the room and alternating between throwing firebombs at the whiteboard and the lecturer, and unsuccessfully proposing marriage to them, didn't actually hurt my sims' academic performance? Good to know, it's difficult to tell when they were running a perfect F average the entire time anyway.
Forum Resident
#11431 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
This is helpful. I have a Sim who is a C student but there is no reason for him to be. He does his studying, works on skills, meets people, sucks up to profs...no matter what he fails one exam and gets a C. Any tips on making a student do better without "cheats" would be appreciated. My guy is an overachiever and still scraping the bottom.

Is he in a good mood when he takes the exam? That seems to make the most difference in performance, from my experience. You can even use the max all motives cheat in NRAAS.
Field Researcher
#11432 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC

There's the herb wonderpetal- it gives a small boost that can come in handy. When in classes, sucking up to the professor doesn't really help get your grades up that much (it's the same as the work tones that focus on socializing with your boss for a normal job). Honestly what I do it always select "work hard" for my classes and let my fun bar drop like a rock. All of my characters take tablets with them to school and the "listen to tabcast" is a good source of quick fun. If you don't have the (overpriced) store item, Around the Sims has an iPad and a conversion of the Sims 4's Wabbit Tablet plus the file that will make them work.
Field Researcher
#11433 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 3:15 PM
Effects do not cast shadows so now I got a ghost boat.

Perhaps wont use that effect from now on.
Mad Poster
#11434 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 3:28 PM
What world is that though?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#11435 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 4:01 PM Last edited by MeowMixPls : 31st Jan 2019 at 4:20 PM.
@AGuyCalledPi
Bridgeport

More sims logic: It is so foggy you can barely see in front of you but yet you can see the water fountain from the other side of the world.

Yeah no worries really goes with my aesthetics
Site Helper
#11436 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 5:19 PM
(I like the ghost boat... Call her the Marie Celeste. Or maybe the Flying Dutchman.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#11437 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 7:51 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 31st Jan 2019 at 8:15 PM.
Oh wow, didn't even recognize it. Looks so different in your game with the fog and the weird dome building. The dome is EA content isn't it, it looks familiar.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#11438 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:31 AM
Said Sim went through uni. Didn't get a notice he was graduating. Game sent him home. Now said Sim has no diploma and no leg up in career. I had no idea there was a UNI bug so next time I'll be aware of it. It's a bit of bummer wasting all that time for nothing...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#11439 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 11:26 AM Last edited by MeowMixPls : 1st Feb 2019 at 5:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Oh wow, didn't even recognize it. Looks so different in your game with the fog and the weird dome building. The dome is EA content isn't it, it looks familiar.

Yup, and in fact, we got two domes. One comes from base game (by the science lab) and the 2nd one from late night. WHYYY, we dont need two.

edit: damn I meant to reply

@Ghost sdoj Well, no wonder you like the ghost boat as I think you're biased at least when it comes to your choice of user name.

No but for real, that's a pretty good idea especially if you retexture the boat effect to look older. Would go great ina fantasy/mystery/horror world.
Lab Assistant
#11440 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 12:50 PM
I've just discovered something I am not sure if it's bug or a feature. I saved my game during family dinner of a sort, when my toddler Sim Max finished eating and waited to be taken out of the high chair. That was when I saved my game. When I loaded it back, he was still in the high chair. A moment later, when I looked at him, he was in a weird position in the down part of the high chair. I have to admit I thought it was a graphical glitch and didn't pay that much attention to it and concentrated more on other Sims. However, when I looked back on Max, he was on the floor before high chair playing with his imaginary friend doll. What the hack? But that was not the end of the weird things. When his father Greg came to grab him, Max was glitching between being on a chair and on a floor a few times before my Sim could grab him. And if that's not enough, the high chair also glitched and only had an option to serve food, which my adult Sims tried to do autonomously a few time (fortunately, I was able to stop all of these attempts), before I reset the chair with Debug Enabler.
And if that wasn't weird enough, the next morning Max got himself out of his crib somehow. I've heard about such a thing being possible in Sims 2, but AFAIK this wasn't wasn't implemented in Sims 3. One time he was still sleeping in his crib, and a few minutes later, he was on the floor in the hall making a fuss for no apparent reason, since none of his needs were significantly low. Like he was supernatural or something (which he actually is, since he's a werewolf, but I don't think that should give him such an ability and neither should his traits, Loner and Genius). Weird, ain't it?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11441 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
Yup, and in fact, we got two domes. One comes from base game (by the science lab) and the 2nd one from late night. WHYYY, we dont need two.

Interesting, I don't remember there being a dome in Late Night.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#11442 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
@peno It looks like you're using cc for the high chair and crib. If it's a bug, you will see this same thing happen with a Maxis equivalent of both. If you switch them out and don't have this problem with the Maxis version, it is a problem with your custom content.

This is actually a Maxis chair and Maxis crib from Into the Future. I just recoloured them to fit the overall colour scheme of the house. I don't even have any CC crib or high chair, since I don't play with babies and toddlers that much and Maxis stuff is enough for me. I do have some mods, mostly NRaas mods, but I also have Kapaer's Children Can mod, but as far as I know that one shouldn't affect toddlers.
Site Helper
#11443 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 6:06 PM
Interesting, I don't remember there being a dome in Late Night.
It's the one over the butterfly garden in Bridgeport. (Which has a different name, but it's been the butterfly garden to me ever since I had a sim who spent all day catching butterflies in it.)

I thought they were re-using the science dome with some very clever use of basements for tunnels, but the two are actually different. Slightly. Not really enough to notice unless you are looking, but different.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#11444 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 6:12 PM
The.....butterfly garden. Right. I do know of a basement tunnel or two in Bridgeport, but I don't think I've ever seen a butterfly let alone a large glass dome. Any chance it was built after 1988 and demolished before 2012? Either that, or it's yet more proof that I'm going senile. It's been a pleasure knowing you all.

insert signature here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11445 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 8:31 PM
but I don't think I've ever seen a butterfly let alone a large glass dome.

It's always been there... as far as I can remember!
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/File:T...ort_Central.jpg
Theorist
#11446 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 6:11 PM
My two long married Sims had a fight because the Simbot hit on the wife in the couple (she was innocent and rebuffed him). Her husband felt betrayed and got very angry and essentially they were no longer married. They quickly restored their relationship after a few Sim days. There was an option for "kiss and makeup" and I never saw that before.

Mad Poster
#11447 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's always been there... as far as I can remember!
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/File:T...ort_Central.jpg

Wow, Bridgeport looks so different when you get rid of all the decorative objects and run the game at shit-tier graphics. Is that really what it looks like out of the box or is it just an unflattering picture?

insert signature here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11448 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 6:54 PM
Wow, Bridgeport looks so different when you get rid of all the decorative objects and run the game at shit-tier graphics. Is that really what it looks like out of the box or is it just an unflattering picture?

I didn't upload that image to the wiki, so I don't know if it's vanilla or not. I hardly played that world myself, though I do remember the glass dome lot. The water used to look muddier so maybe that's with adjusted colour ramps?
Field Researcher
#11449 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 7:11 PM
Here is absolutely vanilla Bidgeport, no mods in game at all: https://i.imgur.com/zB7Xa70.jpg

I swear I had taken one at 12pm but only could find a sunset one.
Mad Poster
#11450 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 8:07 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 4th Feb 2019 at 8:36 PM.
See, there you go. Not so terrible at all. The pleasant lighting almost makes it an interesting world to look at. It's short a few thousand trees and a few dozen lots, but it's a start.
Still shocked by the dome thing though because I have no memory whatsoever of ever seeing it before. And since when is the city hall such a tiny little building? I don't remember the city having such a low density.

insert signature here
Page 458 of 490