Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 11:31 PM Last edited by Geels : 9th Nov 2018 at 12:12 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Files are in download folder but aren't fully recognised by the game?
Hi - not sure if this is allowed in here due to the fact that I think it's caused by a problem with an 'outside' program? If that's the case many apologies and I understand if the thread needs to be locked/deleted.

I used Delphy's Download Organiser on my downloads folder after playing to reorganise some things - I've done it dozens of time's before and never encountered a problem. I didn't delete anything, just organised. I understand that sometimes the application removes files on it's own, though I've never encountered problems with this before either. My game has always been 100% fine after using this.

Then I ran it last night and after I went into my game and noticed that 90% of my custom clothes for kids/toddlers are gone. They seem to be the only age group affected, all the CC I have for Adults/Teens/Elders is okay. No objects have been effected, only clothes.

I've run the DDC on my folder with these clothes in it before and they were still there the next time I launched the game, the clothes weren't new to the game. In the game, they're either replaced by one of the Maxis seasons outfits, or it renders the body of the kid invisible and leaves just a floating head.

Here's where I'm confused - the meshes etc are still in my downloads folder. Easy enough to find because I catagorise them all according to download - so I'm really confused as to why they're showing up broken in game when the files are all still there? I've tried opening the files in SimPE but to be honest I don't know my way round it, other than using it to change Sims data so couldn't really do much that way.

I've attached an image of how the clothes show up in game and in body shop. Just rows upon rows of the same outfit.
Once again apologies if this kind of thread isn't allowed.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 11:54 PM
Can't see the pic from mobile, but here's what I noticed in my game.
Sometimes, while moving some files around, the game stops reading them or, on the other hand, some of them start showing up properly.
Right now, I think that you might have 'reactivated' a mesh that conflicts with most of your clothes, while you moved the files - or maybe some files are too deep in subfolder and the game doesn't manage to read them (I'm not sure about the number of subfolders you might have created).
If I were you, I will try to re-download one of the clothes and replace both mesh and recolors to see if it works.
Then I'd also trying to move some folders around and see if the game is able to ready any of them (maybe try renaming them, with the mesh folder before the clothes one).
Not sure if any of this could work, but that's what I'd do.
Hope you can sort the thing out!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 12:04 AM
You did not, in fact, attach the picture.

However, that sounds like a problem with a mesh. Is anything you downloaded recently a default replacement? That would be the first thing to test, as certain meshes form the basis of a lot of custom clothing, and a big enough change in the mesh can cause catastrophic failure of a lot of clothes.

Also, did you ask the program to delete orphans? I did that once, and lost some clothes that had worked fine before - something had caused it to register some false positives.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 12:07 AM
The clothes in question are only 3 subfolders deep? Downloads - Bodyshop - Clothing - (name of folder containing broken clothes) would that be considered too deep for the game to read?

Edit;
I just noticed the picture didn’t show, however it’s telling me the files attached when I try add another one? Not sure what to do there.

And no, I didn’t select any options to delete orphans and haven’t downloaded any defaults to my knowledge
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 1:06 AM
How many folders deep something can be depends partly on the length of the file name. The problem is that the game can only read so many characters - and it reads the entire location string. So one file in a subfolder may be readable when the one right next to it isn't, if one has 20 characters in the name and the other has 22.

I get the problem shown when I've downloaded a repository and don't have the master mesh everything else is slaved to; but that would hardly happen with clothes you've had for a long time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)