Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 2:28 AM Last edited by Chet R. Chase : 31st Oct 2018 at 8:14 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Stuck On Vacation House Buy Mode [solved]
I made my sim go on a vacation and I found it weird because my sim didn't even get to the shuttle but the vacation house loaded anyway. After it was done loading, it opened the vacation house lot but I can't play in live mode. Just buy and build mode which is weird because I can't open my family anymore. Because every time I open up my family it says that they are in the vacation house lot but when I open it, I can't play live mode still. What could be the best course of action here?
Pardon my cringy lot description. I just don't want it empty so I filled it in.

It transports me to this.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 3:12 AM
You may have to load another family, teleport them back, move them in then move them out to the sim bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 3:54 AM
Thank you! I only made one sim go on a vacation but should I still move them all in and move them out? Also, I have been asking for help a lot of times and I know I trouble you a lot. How could I repay you? I mean it. I appreciate your help.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 3:58 AM
If it's only one sim just do it with them. This is better since you won't lose anything in the families house like furniture.

No worries, I like helping.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 4:15 AM Last edited by Chet R. Chase : 30th Oct 2018 at 4:44 AM.
Thank you very much for always helping me. I appreciate it and I'm glad that there is someone who I can go to when I need help. : )

Oh no! This appeared when I moved her in!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 7:06 AM
Hmm looks like the game is going to be a butt about doing it to the whole family.

You used a mod like the simlogical cat teleporter to move her in?

You may have to try moving them all out or even teleporting them all to this lot.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 7:55 AM
Yeah. I tried making a family go on a vacation then I summoned her and then I summoned the "The Selector" and made her selectable. When she was selectable, I made her leave vacation but it doesn't say that the shuttle has been dispatched or anything. I also tried going on different lodging but as you might have guessed, it still didn't work. I haven't done moving the family out of the house though because I'm afraid of losing my items. If all doesn't work I might do that but I am not sure if that will work. Thank you for checking on me again.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 8:49 AM
Did you load another family and try moving her in with the cat statue?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 1:28 PM Last edited by Chet R. Chase : 30th Oct 2018 at 2:45 PM. Reason: I may have discovered what you are pertaining to... Not sure.
I beg your pardon but I am not aware of this "cat statue". What does it do and how does it work? Is it like an improvised version of the "The Selector" from the InSimenator? And by chance are you by chance referring to the cat teleporter from here? http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

3rd Edit: I used the cat to move in the sim on vacation but when I tried to play the lot it still says that my sim was visiting the lot even though it's clear that she wasn't, proof being she's in the sim bin. What if I moved them all out? Will that work? I may need your approval on this one so I won't do it until you approve of my decision because you know better than me.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 2:55 PM
Simlogical cat teleporter. Yes that ^ is the link. Sorryry, I kind of assume everyone has it. I don't use the insimenator so I don't know if it works as well or not.

Right so you moved her in and then moved her to the sim bin? Now try moving her onto a blank lot and seeing if the game recognizes it. If not and if you still can't load up the original family lot then it will be time to move them all out.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#11 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 3:55 PM
If you can open the neighbourhood in SimPe, open the family in the Family Information (FAMI) and just check the 'Now On Lot:' value is the same value as the 'Lot Instance:'
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:09 PM
Thanks for that information Chris.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 2:38 AM Last edited by Chet R. Chase : 31st Oct 2018 at 2:41 AM. Reason: I don't know fo sho
Thanks, joandsarah and Chris. Although my computer doesn't run SimPE anymore like it used to. I think I'll stick to joandsarah's advice. Thanks.

Also, what would be a great title for this thread so people with the same problem as me could find a solution to their problem easily?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 2:53 AM
This is not an uncommon problem, unfortunately. I think at one time or another it's happened to most of us. I solved it by the move in method. Just say Sim stuck on vacation.

~Call me Jo~