Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 12:18 AM Last edited by Alice1994 : 11th Nov 2018 at 8:47 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Installed Showtime from Disc, but Launcher says it's not there [solved]
Hi!

Over the past few months I grew really tired of Origin and wanted to use AnyGameStarter again, so I uninstalled all my Sims 3 games to re-install them from the original discs.

Everything worked fine, I installed all of them, but when I opened the launcher it said that Showtime wasn't there. And that was the moment in which I remembered why I had switched to Origin in the first place - exactly because of that problem.

After trying to uninstall and reinstall the pack several times, I thought there must be something wrong with the disc, and I ordered a new one (together with Movie Stuff). Today they arrived, completely new discs, still in their original packaging. Movie stuff works completely fine, but up to now, I have tried to install Showtime 3 times, but it still won't work! This is honestly driving me crazy and I don't know what to do, as it's now obvious that it's not a disc problem. When I had this issue the last time (half a year ago or something like that) I even contacted EA support, but they weren't helpful at all and told me to 'just install it via Origin'. But I really, desperately need AnyGameStarter

I case it is important: I patched my game manually with the SuperPatch to version 1.67 as AGS is not working on 1.69.

I hope you can help me, I already tried to google the issue, but I only found people whose packs were installed via Origin and had vanished in the launcher suddenly.

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 12:45 AM
This may be a silly question, in fact it probably is, but even when the 1.67 Launcher doesn't show the EP as installed is the content there? Can you start a new game in Starlight Shores anyway?

Have you tried uninstalling Showtime (if anything actually did install partially) and cleaning the Registry with Piriform's CCleaner before attempting a reinstall?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Alice1994 : 7th Nov 2018 at 2:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This may be a silly question, in fact it probably is, but even when the 1.67 Launcher doesn't show the EP as installed is the content there? Can you start a new game in Starlight Shores anyway?

Have you tried uninstalling Showtime (if anything actually did install partially) and cleaning the Registry with Piriform's CCleaner before attempting a reinstall?

Hi igazor,
I started the game to look wether the content was there, but unfortunately it is not.
I have yet to try the CC cleaner, but I figured it didn't have to as I had never installed any of the games on my D hard drive. But I will try that!

EDIT: Facing even more problems now I uninstalled all the games and my plan was to just install the base game and then showtime, but as it turns out, now I can't install the base game anymore, I honestly feel kinda devastated right now. I get this message while installing: File: H:\Caches\Sunset Valley.objectCache
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

I will probably go to sleep now, as it's already half past 3 a.m. here, and try to find solutions tomorrow. But I'm not giving up yet - origin is only the last resort xD
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 5:28 AM
The point of the registry cleanup is to remove debris from the Windows Registry. That would exist on the drive that is running Windows, not the target drive of the install if they happen to be different.

The cyclic redundancy error usually indicates a bad or "dirty" disc or a failing or "dirty" optical (CD/DVD) drive.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The point of the registry cleanup is to remove debris from the Windows Registry. That would exist on the drive that is running Windows, not the target drive of the install if they happen to be different.

The cyclic redundancy error usually indicates a bad or "dirty" disc or a failing or "dirty" optical (CD/DVD) drive.

Oh ok, I didn't know that. I ran the ccleaner now, but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Next thing I'll try is getting a cleaning kit and trying to get at least the base game to work. Man, this is tiring xD

But thank you for trying to help me! I really appreciate your knowledge!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 8:47 PM
Default Solved!
I solved it. My solution: I uninstalled manually all my games and deleted everything (and I MEAN everything) that was left of it in the registry. Don't forget to back it up before you do something like this! There was a folder called 'sims' in Local Machine / Software that I hadn't seen before when I tried this.
Thought I'd let you know, just in case anyone has the same problem some time in the future!

Also, as for the broken disc: I tried to clean it, and it kinda worked, but I've been very paranoid about my sims discs since then, so I spent my saturday making ISOs all day. They are like backups of you CDs and you can install the games through them, but of course you will still need to type in your serial keys. For me, that's just a way to make sure I will not have this problem again in the future, because that one broken disc stressed me out extremely! xD