Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 6:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Launcher can't tell an item is already installed?
It is late and i might have a hard time making sense, sorry about that.
I just downloaded a bunch of sets from ATS, (donator way).
There was many items I already have, previously installed from within each sets. I thought..no problem, the launcher will tell me upon putting a whole set of items in my Downloads folder, which item I already have.
Nope...nothing I put in Downloads folder appears installed, and I know for sure, some items are.
Is something wrong happening?

Which makes me wonder if a sims3pack turned into a .package file changes something? If I already have that toybox as a .package, but then plop that same toybox as a sims3pack...will the launcher sees the same toybox?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:35 AM
No, the Launcher doesn't see what's in your Packges folder. It can only detect duplicates in DCCache, which is where installed sims3packs go.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:46 PM
Ok, make sense. Thank you.
I ended up just turning every new ATS downloads into .packages, then merging them all.
Funny because, I am aware I have doubles, yet in the catalogue, none. Nothing shows up twice, nor the Dashboard is showing duplicates.
There must be something I am not getting here.

Site Helper
#4 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 5:33 PM
If you've merged the new ATS packages with ones you already had, the merging process will remove duplicates.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 8:11 PM
Oh of course! But the ones I already have were already merged...I just made a new package with the new ones I downloaded.
I am about to simply get rid of my first ATS package, knowing that the second and more recent, holds probably everything that's in the first one, and more.
I just really thought I'd see duplicates in the dashbord or something, rather that just one tiny changing table conflict...