Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 1:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Collection Folders Not Showing Up & Disappearing
I searched around but I couldn't find this topic so I am posting it. I installed my collection files (into documents Collection folder, not Mods) but when I started the game they weren't there. So instead, I decided to just create all the collection folders. A grueling 2 hours later, I'd done 20 collection folders and saved. The next time I started up the game, all the folders were gone (I could've cried Q~Q). I checked my collection folder and yeah there's stuff in there, all the collection files from the sets and the ones I made in User (I think those are the ones I made?). I've been goggling for about 20 minutes and not found a solution at all. Does anyone know what is going or have a solution to fix it? I have so much sets with a lot of things, I love having them in my collection folders. Thanks
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:43 PM
The Collections folder contains one file (collectionOrder.package) and one folder (User).

Actual Collections packages go to \<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Collections\User
Do you have this folder?

If the default EA-made Collections have gone missing, you can simply copy+paste from the original set located at \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Collections
to the \<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Collections\User folder
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:52 PM
Hi, thanks for your response. I had no idea they were meant to go in the user folder, I'll move them in there now. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:57 PM
Late but update, that worked, thank you